Children: Why are people having 4+??

Options

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Perhaps when they had the children they were able to fiscally provide for their family and they have fallen on hard times.

Perhaps they participate in a religion that does not believe in birth control.

Perhaps they cannot afford birth control.

Perhaps the birth control they used failed.

Perhaps they are a blended family.

Perhaps they really love their children more than material things.

Perhaps they don't want to conform to what some strangers think is normal and don't care what others consider crazy.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Maybe they just like getting busy a lot?

ETA: My parents planned on having 3 and being done, and then OOOOOPS my sister came along, and then 6 years later, double oops i came along.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The house ain't gonna keep itself clean.

Plus, I hate yardwork.

Damn shame about the 'grace period' where they aren't old enough to do sh1t for themselves.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    A person who does not have any kids is wondering why other people have so many kids? Hmmmmm
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm not married and I don't have children, but my boyfriend and I live in a very populated city where people feel the need to have 5, 6, 7+ kids. These families don't appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs. We are wondering WHY?! Why do people feel the need to procreate beyond 2 or 3 children? I can understand 2 for sure and even 3, 4 seems a little crazy to me, but any more - that's insane and seems so unnecessary!
    Anyone who has reasons for having 4+ kids, please let me know why! And if anyone else has some opinions, I'd love to hear them!

Here's an idea. Go on outside to your very overpopulated city and start asking some of these fine citizens who dont appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs all of the questions you just asked. Let us all know how that works out for ya. We are all eagerly awaiting your report.

Yes, please do.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Oh, I didn't realize that other people got to decide what or WHO was unnecessary when it has nothing at all to do with them. Wait, they don't!

Lots of reasons, but none that really concern anybody else. I assume you were just curious, and came here (?) to ask, but it's a pretty insulting question to have people (strangers on the interwebs) justify their decisions, or speculate on the priorities of others. Likewise, I'm not trying to be insulting or mean back, but putting it out there. Hey, but the clown-car pic was funny so there's that. ;)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    How much money is enough?
    What exactly are their needs?
    What are your standards?
    Should they be some one else's standards?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    How else do you create loyal armies for world domination?
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm not married and I don't have children, but my boyfriend and I live in a very populated city where people feel the need to have 5, 6, 7+ kids. These families don't appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs. We are wondering WHY?! Why do people feel the need to procreate beyond 2 or 3 children? I can understand 2 for sure and even 3, 4 seems a little crazy to me, but any more - that's insane and seems so unnecessary!
    Anyone who has reasons for having 4+ kids, please let me know why! And if anyone else has some opinions, I'd love to hear them!

Here's an idea. Go on outside to your very overpopulated city and start asking some of these fine citizens who dont appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs all of the questions you just asked. Let us all know how that works out for ya. We are all eagerly awaiting your report.

Yes, please do.

THIS. I only have 3 kiddos, but my 2 little ones are both under the age of two so people look at me funny sometimes, but no one has ever asked me why I have so many kids; that wouldnt be good for them! Also my sister has 5. All are taken care of, happy, and healthy. Mind ya damn business and enjoy your child free life
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm not married and I don't have children, but I have every intention of having at least 3, probably 4, and if a 5th sneaks in then hey, more kids to support me in my old age! Seriously though, I grew up with one sibling and he is awesome, but I wish we had had more brothers and sisters. My parents also have told us several times in the past few years that they wish they had had a third or maybe even fourth but it didn't make financial sense for them at the time. I guess being responsible doesn't necessarily also mean you are satisfied. My brother now has 2 kids and he and his wife are likely to start trying for a 3rd soon. The SIL also grew up with one sibling and SHE also wants 4 or 5 kids.

Also to reiterate what most responses are saying, why do you care?
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

childfree-poster.jpg

LOL great image. I'm with ya.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    To answer the "Why do you care?" questions.

Overpopulation.

Dwindling natural resources.

Strain on public education.

Strain on healthcare system.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

But that's all I'm saying. I'm positive I'm of the unpopular opinion in this thread.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have 4

Why'd I have that many.....I like sex

Plus, I look hella good pregnant
  • mforman32
    Options
    Because the unconditional love that a family brings is kick *kitten*.
    Having a quiet house would be boring.
    More people to make me laugh.
    more people to tickle till they have complete giggle fits.

Seriously if you do not have children and do not want any,just don't ask you will not understand.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Overpopulation.

But that's all I'm saying. I'm positive I'm of the unpopular opinion in this thread.

Interesting you post this I was actually reading an article on how the aging population, specifically in europe and japan, and the decline in the birth rate is now hurting the country because the work force is becoming older and there are less young people to support the elderly.

They say China is going to have a big problem in later years and before they can become a true superpower the country will stall due to the past restrictions on birth and of course the gender discrimination...they will age before there time

oh and restrictive immigration laws...new blood=power
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Evolutionary predisposition? Maybe it's cheaper to raise a professional baseball team than to buy one outright? Too much Marvin Gaye on the radio? (*snort* As if there could ever be too much Marvin Gaye on the radio!) I'll give you this much, troll, you've posed a provocative question. *nods* true story
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    aJpJu.gif
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options

Overpopulation.

You know what the best thing about seeing these women with 4-5 kids... seeing them pay with food stamps. Perhaps having 4-6 kids was not a good idea if they can't economically maintain them.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It is fine if they are an intelligent couple with no money issues.

Because we dont need anymore poor dumb people.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is an easy question to answer, there working the system. Have more get more money. Simple as that.
This discussion has been closed.