Children: Why are people having 4+??

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Oh, I didn't realize that other people got to decide what or WHO was unnecessary when it has nothing at all to do with them. Wait, they don't!

if that was true anyone could get married
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm not married and I don't have children, but my boyfriend and I live in a very populated city where people feel the need to have 5, 6, 7+ kids. These families don't appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs. We are wondering WHY?! Why do people feel the need to procreate beyond 2 or 3 children? I can understand 2 for sure and even 3, 4 seems a little crazy to me, but any more - that's insane and seems so unnecessary!
    Anyone who has reasons for having 4+ kids, please let me know why! And if anyone else has some opinions, I'd love to hear them!

Why do people without kids always question the choices of people who do? I have always wondered that.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have 4

Why'd I have that many.....I like sex

Plus, I look hella good pregnant

How YOU doin??? :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The house ain't gonna keep itself clean.

:drinker:

Oh yeah! :smokin:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    That is an easy question to answer, there working the system. Have more get more money. Simple as that.

OMG! You get money for having a lot of kids? Dang it! We have 5 that we've been supporting ourselves all this time. Please tell me where I apply for this "free money".
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I think the reason is clear, MFP needs more future posters
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Cause they really love sex and a gooey creampie

Did you just...really?
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people want any kids at all! But different strokes for different folks, I guess. They must be nice to have for some reason or more people would choose not to have them. I suppose I'll have to wait and find out if the day ever comes that I have one.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Why do people without kids always question the choices of people who do? I have always wondered that.
    Funny....I've actually never asked a person with children WHY they had them, or why so many or few....but you'd probably be surprised at how frequently virtual strangers will ask child-free people questions, or give us flak about our personal reproductive choices.

It definitely goes both ways. Personally, I think its everyone's own business...but I understand the OP's thought process here, because I see way too many situations where people are having children they can't provide or, and don't take care of where I live.

Everyone is entitled to their opinon.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    cuz this looks like fun!
    1245060740_kramer_and_the_kids.gif
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Because they are looking for Hollywood kid.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Because I like kids? I have 5 and plan to have one more. :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This is your first and only post?

And you couldn't have thought of something better?

For shame.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Cause they really love sex and a gooey creampie

Did you just...really?

Was looking for animated gif but did not want lifetime MFP ban. :drinker:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    How do you know how much money they have to support their children. How can you even tell?? And who's to say that all 6 or 7 kids are theirs. I have one kid and my sister has 4 (yes, she can afford and take care of all of them). I used to always take her kids to the movies, the zoo...etc. So I guess you would have assumed that they were all mine. And that I couldn't afford them??

Please tell me you're a troll.
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I find this thread really judgmental. What business is it of yours how many children people have?! My parent have 6 kids, they both work, have never relied on the government for anything, and are more than able to look after us financially. When my brothers were younger my dad worked and mum stayed at home. And why? Because they love kids. Why else?!
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    **** off.

that is all.
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I come from a family of only two siblings (my sister and myself). I always wanted a bigger family because the chaos and noise intrigued me. Also, if you get ticked at one of them, there is always someone else to hang out with. lol I really wanted to have 3 children, but I was open to the possibility of more. However, it wasn't mean to be and I had to have a complete hysterectomy after two. I love my boys!!!! But, I feel that my family could have been bigger and I would have been happy with that too. I do, however, wonder how people find socks for all their kids!!!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5p3fh3d9b1rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Troll count: 1

Serious replies coming: 0

edit: oh, and Judgey McJudgmentpants: 1

QFT
This discussion has been closed.