Children: Why are people having 4+??

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That is an easy question to answer, there working the system. Have more get more money. Simple as that.

OMG! You get money for having a lot of kids? Dang it! We have 5 that we've been supporting ourselves all this time. Please tell me where I apply for this "free money".

Yeah, I missed the boat on that one too. Maybe because I only have two? I want my free money. :explode:
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I think because some people love kids others do it as an insurance policy just in case one is a screw up...justsayin
  • aaronrlindemann
    aaronrlindemann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    **** off.

that is all.

Agreed. Don't be a tool.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids. And I had them because we love children. We can afford them. And the number of kids people have is really none of your business. Just keep your nose in your own house.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    people who cant afford them (allowing the government to do so). bleh who knows why they keep going... immature, irresponsible, ..... and for those that can afford them CHEERS... I love kids..... have more!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My gene pool is awesome, can't allow it to fade into obscurity.

THIS. Fact: The world needs more of me and my hubby.
    We don't have kids yet but he hates odd numbers.
    And I REALLY REALLY want a boy.
    So I'll have 4 kids max, and pray one is a boy.
  • merechai
    merechai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My point is understand why and not to criticize anyone.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Birth control failure, religion, love of children, etc. are all valid reasons why people have large families. I'm not surprised you don't really "get it" considering you don't have any children yourself and know just how much joy and happiness they can bring. Perhaps their parents are lonely or unhappy and want that unconditional love that a child (or many children) bring.

The bottom line though is that it's none of your business. Pay attention to what's happening in your own womb and forget about somebody else.
    Thank you^ I have three babies and I would happily welcome another if he or she should come along after having miscarriages I see how precious, they are. My last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage but before I was thinking wow how am going to handle four all under the age of 6 but then I lost it and I felt awful. I want and take care of my children, so if I did have more why is it your business? I think the Duggars have gone a bit extreme but they love and care for their children, and Michelle is a better mother than most of them out there, but again they care for them with out assistance (even be for the show) so it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If people want to participate in overpopulating the world, you cannot stop them. Don't worry about what others do. They're happy.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I have 1 brother. My parents are from a family of 4 and 9. None of their siblings chose to have more than 2. My husband has 6 siblings. We never planned on more than 2 and chose to stop (permanently) after 1. Being from a large family does not dictate that you want a large family. Many have seen how difficult it can be financially as well as how difficult it is to give that many children equal time and attention. Not to mention some people choose not to try intentionally o contribute to overpopulation.
    The people I know who have a lot of children did it because they had 2 or 3 of the same gender and refused to stop until they had the opposite as well.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    That is an easy question to answer, there working the system. Have more get more money. Simple as that.

OMG! You get money for having a lot of kids? Dang it! We have 5 that we've been supporting ourselves all this time. Please tell me where I apply for this "free money".

Yeah, I missed the boat on that one too. Maybe because I only have two? I want my free money. :explode:

I know! And all these years I've worked to save for them to go to college?! Wasted. I could have just told them to get rich by having babies. I feel like such a failure as a parent. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I love children. Simple as that. They are everything to me.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry there are many people out there hating on big families, and I feel I have to defend the choice. If you want the why you might just need to have a baby to get it but mine is I truly love them more than my own life and I also believe they are blessings from God. It maybe hard for anyone else to understand but my husband and I get it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

They enjoy sex and hate condoms. Not difficult to understand.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Some people want an army of minions and cloning can be *so* unreliable.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    now my questions are - why do you care? And what gives you the right to pass judgement on them? How do you know if they are or are not meeting their kids needs financially? You do not know the situation of their life at all.

Keep an eye on your uterus and leave others alone.
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The house ain't gonna keep itself clean.

:smile: :smile:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Our world can not continue to support the amount of people that are being brought into it.

Having a large family simply because you want one, comes off as selfish to me.

I come from a large family and love it, but at the same time i don't plan on having one. 2 seems perfect to me (just enough to replace my partner and myself)
  • Jziller
    Jziller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My mom is one of eleven kids and I'm one of 4 kids. I love our big family!!! My husband I can't have children of our own and I'm so jealous of the large familes. They are so blessed with so much love. Why do you even care how may children people have?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

You'll never get why. Why does anyone do anything? And how are a bunch of people on a forum supposed to explain to you why people have the amount of children they have?

I don't have kids either, and I only want a couple when my husband and I do start having kids, but asking other people what the point is in having over 4 children is ridiculous. If someone wants to have a Duggar family full of kids, it's not my business to ask them why they're having so many kids. It doesn't effect my life, so I don't really care as long as they're happy. You should do the same.
This discussion has been closed.