254 LBS to 188 LBS 5'3.5" 31 YEARS OLD

Options
My name is Christina, I'm 31, 5'3.5" tall and currently weigh 188 lbs. I started at 254 last February and had lost and gained before joining MFP in June at 242! I'm not a complete success story yet as I still want to lose another 48 lbs, but I would love to help motivate you if you feel like you need that extra DAILY push!

MY FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/survivaltolive

Last August to this August (I'm on the right)
xoh5oh.jpg

Replies

• scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go....are you doing anything special that has made you loose this weight or you just tracking and exercising??? I am looking for options I have hit a plateau so searching for others to tell me what has helped them.

Thank you
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fabulous!!
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such an inspiration!! Great job!
  • mfernando6
    Options
    you look amazing!!! Congratulations on your loss.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My biggest plateau was when I reached 199 (Onederland). At that time I switched the time of day I worked out from PM to AM. That helped me the most! And yes, just tracking and exercise! One thing however is food restriction...it doesn't work for me. If I restrict, eventually I binge. So I eat most everything but in moderation!
  • aspalmer3
    aspalmer3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats to you!
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! I can see your dimple in your smile more. What did you do for your arms?
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! I can see your dimple in your smile more. What did you do for your arms?

OH honey! LOL. My arms are still my toughest spot to get rid of the flab. My hubby says that by the time I reach my goal they should be toned up more, but out of all my workouts Insanity helped me the most with toning. I think weight lifting is boring otherwise I'd do that too. I know eventually though I will have to do more of that.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congrats you lost so much weight in your tummy!!! gives me hope lol
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My biggest plateau was when I reached 199 (Onederland). At that time I switched the time of day I worked out from PM to AM. That helped me the most! And yes, just tracking and exercise! One thing however is food restriction...it doesn't work for me. If I restrict, eventually I binge. So I eat most everything but in moderation!

So, it's made a big difference as to what time of day you exercise? I usually work out in the evening. And, lately, it's been very late. Like 10:30 or 11 p.m. I've definately hit a plateau at losing weight. Though, I am toning.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    By the way....Way to go!!!!!
  • The_New_Christina
    Options

So, it's made a big difference as to what time of day you exercise? I usually work out in the evening. And, lately, it's been very late. Like 10:30 or 11 p.m. I've definately hit a plateau at losing weight. Though, I am toning.

It made a huge difference! Broke my plateau and I find it gives me so much more energy throughout the day! Never hurts to try!
  • msphyl46
    msphyl46 Posts: 49
    Options
    You look great! Good job.
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Christina!!!! You look great Gurrrllllll!!!!!!
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love the pictures! Its so nice that you are taking the time to help motivate people <3
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congratulations!!!!
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your help....I am same way if I cut a food out I like I am more likely to fall off the wagon. I have had to learn portion control which is more likely to follow me when I get to where I want to be to maintain it. Good luck on the rest of your journey and you should be proud of yourself you look amazing!!
  • 0110Charlotte
    0110Charlotte Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Love it!! Amazing job! Keep up the good work. :)
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    I love the pictures! Its so nice that you are taking the time to help motivate people <3

When I started MFP a couple people really inspired and motivated me and I said that I wanted to do that someday! So here I am, ready to help whoever needs help!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    you look great! beachbody workouts rock!..and no I don't sell for them hahah I do rockin body love them! I plan to start insanity once I lose a little more ..you are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!