ITS ALWAYS BIGGER IN TEXAS. Anyone from Texas?

Options

Replies

• silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    BEAVER NUGGETS!
  • jaqian
    jaqian Posts: 7
    Options
    Is this thread only for Texans or can a lil ole paddy from Ireland join in lol?

Rob from Dublin here and my weakness is everything in sight. Terrible at snacking. Managed to drag my weight down from 19st down to 14st 7lb (or 203lb in American) looking for MFP to help lose another 1.5/ 2st :)

Work in an office but cycle to work and go for walks or runs on my lunch. Only started running 3wks ago but really getting into it now and want to do a 5k before the year is out.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    BEAVER NUGGETS!

YES!
  • melyhernandez
    Options
    Grand Prairie, Tx. There's 10 fast-food places less than a mile away and I feel so proud drying pass it all.
    I'll send a request.
  • JShwatts
    Options
    Richardson, TX here, good luck with the weight loss!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

Rob from Dublin here and my weakness is everything in sight. Terrible at snacking. Managed to drag my weight down from 19st down to 14st 7lb (or 203lb in American) looking for MFP to help lose another 1.5/ 2st :)

Work in an office but cycle to work and go for walks or runs on my lunch. Only started running 3wks ago but really getting into it now and want to do a 5k before the year is out.

Of course you can join in! Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the hard work!
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Come on in, TX is big enough that we can make room for a 'lil ole paddy'!
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Decatur, Tx here.

Lay's Classic Potato Chips are my crack.

I'm not from TX but agreed about the Lay's Classic Potato Chips = crack.
  • Jormesher
    Jormesher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Round Rock checking in! Chips and Salsa, chips and queso, margs! Its the yummy mexican food that gets me every time!
  • redheadbynature
    redheadbynature Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in Weatherford, TX just west of Fort Worth. Doesn't seem like many on here are from my neck of the wood though.
  • jaqian
    jaqian Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks lads :)
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am technically challenged so cannot figure out how you are doing your screen shots. I use snap shot at work. Fill me in.

czardastx-Yes sorry forgot those Pecos cantaloupes they are great!

Ole Paddy boy! Awesome loss.

Texas girl by birth, Irish by lineage.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One other thing I'm addicted to...Almond Butter (Marantha's Creamy). I could eat a whole jar of it at one sitting if I lost self control.
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Not from Texas but live in TX. I'm at Fort Hood an have family near Austin!
  • Alicue21
    Alicue21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in Austin and we're the home of Whole Foods, Central Market, Wheatsville Coop and farmers markets galore, so trying to eat healthy here isn't as hard as it could be in other places - like Houston. Remember, you can eat junk food if you want. Being on a "diet" isn't good for long term goals, think in terms of being calorie conscious for life. Enjoy in moderation and remember the effects of the food you eat. If you do both these things, you can enjoy and take part in the junk food you like (which will make it easier to see everywhere) and keep to your goals. It's basic control, if you don't exert it no one else nor anything else can help. Good luck!
  • aggiekaren01
    aggiekaren01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We have Whole Food and Central Market in Houston. And Sprouts are opening all over. :)
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. I'm from Lubbock, TX. I've lost 11 lbs in the last month using a different app but heard about MFP & thought I'd check it out. :flowerforyou:
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Having lived more than 2/3 of my life in Texas and never paying attention to eating healthy until the last couple of years, I agree and disagree. While YES, there are crap food resturants on almost every corner / strip mall, there are more and more clean and healthy places popping up all over the place. If I have learned nothing else, its finding those types of places and sticking with them.

Oh, and I live in the north suburbs of and work in Dallas.
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. I'm from Lubbock, TX. I've lost 11 lbs in the last month using a different app but heard about MFP & thought I'd check it out. :flowerforyou:

WELCOME!!! Glad to have ya:)
  • TinaA72
    TinaA72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I live in Orange, Texas...howdy, y'all...