Carrot Cake Please?!!!!!

Options

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Cook Yourself Thin carrot cake recipe
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/carrot-cake
    I haven't tried this recipe, but I've made some of their other deserts, which have all been good.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    This is super good & super moist. Can't tell it is healthy (only 2 tbsp oil in the whole thing!).

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/super-moist-carrot-cake-with-cream.html

carrot-cake2.jpg

carrot-cake.jpg

So just as an FYI, this is the one I made (pretty much because I didn't have to buy a whole bunch of extra ingredients....I had the stuff to make this one) and it is AWESOME!!!!! I added a little nutmeg, used brown sugar instead of white, and added some raisins. You would never guess that it's low fat and quite honestly, I'm going to try to figure out a way to sub out the sugar (not using sweetener if possible) and try it again!

Highly recommend! Thank you!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. I've been obsessed with carrot cake lately. I want it aaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll. O_O
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    major bump!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This is super good & super moist. Can't tell it is healthy (only 2 tbsp oil in the whole thing!).

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/super-moist-carrot-cake-with-cream.html

carrot-cake2.jpg

carrot-cake.jpg

So just as an FYI, this is the one I made (pretty much because I didn't have to buy a whole bunch of extra ingredients....I had the stuff to make this one) and it is AWESOME!!!!! I added a little nutmeg, used brown sugar instead of white, and added some raisins. You would never guess that it's low fat and quite honestly, I'm going to try to figure out a way to sub out the sugar (not using sweetener if possible) and try it again!

Highly recommend! Thank you!

Also made this one. Used apple sauce instead of oil and half sugar half sweetner. Super yum!
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Saved for later
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad you guys liked it. I've made so many of the recipes on skinnytaste and so far they've all been really good, plus they are easy to tweak to fit your pantry like you did. :)
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake is my default 'to make cake on any occasion' and I always follow Mary Berrys carrot cake (except i just use one large banana instead of 2)

http://www.maryberry.co.uk/recipes/baking/carrot-cake-with-mascarpone-topping

Ingredients•225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
    •2 teaspoons baking powder
    •150 g (5 oz) light muscovado sugar
    •50 g (2 oz) walnut pieces, chopped
    •100g (4 oz) carrots, coarsely grated
    •2 ripe bananas, mashed
    •2 eggs
    •150 ml (5 fl oz) sunflower oil

FOR THE TOPPING

•250g (9 oz) tub mascarpone cheese
    •2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
    •2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
    •about 25g (1 oz) walnut pieces, chopped
    Special Equipment20 cm (8 inch) deep round cake tin
    Makes 1 x 20cm (8 inch) cake

INSTRUCTIONS

Preparation time: about 15 minutes
    Cooking time: about 50-60 minutes

1.Lightly grease a 20 cm (8 inch) deep round cake tin and line the base with a circle of non-stick baking parchment. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

2.Measure all of the ingredients for the cake into a large bowl and mix well until thoroughly blended, an electric mixer is best for this but of course you can also beat by hand with a wooden spoon. Turn the mixture into the prepared cake tin and gently level the surface.

3.Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until the cake is well risen, golden and beginning to shrink away from the sides of the tin. A fine skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then loosen the sides of the cake from the tin with a small palette knife or blunt knife, turn the cake out and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.

4.For the topping, mix the mascarpone cheese in a small bowl with the vanilla extract and the sieved icing sugar. Spread evenly over the top of the cake and scatter the chopped walnuts on top. Store in the refrigerator.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me salivate.
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Very hungry now! :)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    cookinglight.com has several carrot cake recipes. I've made many of them ( I LOVE carrot cake!) and haven't found one I didn't like.
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump for the recipes!
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I really should not have opened this thread when I'm hitting a mid-afternoon slump. Somehow my pre-planned yogurt may not cut it....
  • egrif1
    egrif1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Will someone tell me how you "bump". I've lost so many connections on post. Thank you.
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lots of yummy looking recipes....

have to bump for later.
  • Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yumminess. bump for saving
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you really want simple - Duncan Hines has a carrot cake mix that is 200 calories per serving. It would be lower than that by replacing the oil with applesauce and the eggs with egg substitute.

For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
    8 oz 1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Disclaimer - I have the mix but haven't made it yet.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options