alcohol

Options

Replies

• TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yea I probably would if I tried it!! IDIOT!!

It must be terrible to have been born without a sense of humor :(

I had mine surgically removed, then got a transplant. I don't think the donor had as good a sense of humor as I originally did. Or do I have that backwards?
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Probably best not to drink alcohol while you're working out. You may spill it.
    By the way you should have not even bothered commenting if you were going to stupid.
    tumblrm6z4rafvkv1rnvwt1.gif

Love this movie.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I think the OP was drunk when she posted this question... Bar fight!!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    And these .gifs are cracking me up! :)
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    By the way you should have not even bothered commenting if you were going to stupid.

I wouldn't recommend you drink alcohol...EVER.

It's clear you couldn't handle it..
    ^^What this guy said!!

As for me, I'm still hoping one of these days to find the vodka station during a race. At least I know there's a beer tent at the finish line! :drinker:
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have consistently (once or twice a week) drank throughout my entire weight loss process. I just tried to keep it all under my calorie allotment. Most of the time, it worked and I was successful (1.2-1.4 lbs actually lost per week vs 2.0 lb goal). I might have been better had I not drank anything but life needs to be enjoyed.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

It was not intended to offend. It was a light comment on a topic that confounds most of us. I apologize if you took it that way. Carry on.

I actually thought that was funny! Not offensive in any way!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Unless you have a sippy cup.....:smile:

The bottles on a fuel belt work quite well as well. BTDT.
    Or you could do beer mile style, where you stop to chug your beer, then run the 1/4 mile, repeat x4.
  • RunningActor
    RunningActor Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Does it defeat the purpose to have occasional drinks while doing a workout routine, i'm currently doing ripped in 30 and I didn't see alcohol on the meal plan lol. I don't want to ruin the chances of my results.

As long as you've got a calorie deficit you're gonna lose weight. Alcohol does take liver priority away from fat burning, so don't over do it.

Came across this article/blog post yesterday with some of the benefits and negatives of alcohol when it comes to fitness: http://www.tannermartty.com/hierarchy-of-alcohol/

The author rates alcohol as follows:

1 - Red wine takes the #1 spot because it has the biggest health benefit with the fewest carbs and additives. It is high in antioxidants, particularly resveratrol, which has been shown to fight cancer and reduce signs of aging.

2 - Unflavored distilled wood aged spirits like whiskey, scotch and brandy are low carb and have an underrated antioxidant content.
    3 - Other unflavored spirits like vodka and gin are low carb, but have virtually no antioxidant benefit.
    4 - White wines don’t stack up to red wines in terms of antioxidant or phenol content and they don’t have resveratrol, but they still offer a healthy dose of antioxidants.
    5 - Beer offers about the same antioxidant content as white wine, but more carbs and calories. Don’t always assume that darker beer has more calories either. This is a pretty good resource for figuring out where your favorite beer stands. Although light beers offer less calories they also offer less taste and enjoyment in my personal opinion. If I’m going to drink a beer I want to drink a real beer. My personal favorite is Baba Black Lager, an organic beer made by Uinta Brewing.
    6 - Sugary drinks like Grand Marnier, Amaretto, Kahlua, daiquiris, and pretty much anything that is popular in tropical beach locales or at spring break are the bottom of the barrel in this hierarchy by a long shot. Putting them only one numerical spot behind beer does a disservice to beer. They are high calorie, high carb, and lacking in any health benefits, not to mention that at a certain age you shouldn’t be drinking anything that is neon colored.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You can drink... not a lot, but you can have alcohol if it fits within your calories.

H O W E V E R...

For best results, stop sugar and alcohol.
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is all about calories in VS calories out regardless of the source. On Fridays I have a lighter lunch and skip snack in preparation for my weekly vodka intake requirement. Same thing for wine if I have a glass with dinner. I may skip the bread or starch in place of a glass of wine.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have alcohol from time to time...I just include in my meal plan.

Good luck with your training.

8488541.png
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

It was not intended to offend. It was a light comment on a topic that confounds most of us. I apologize if you took it that way. Carry on.

As for my serious answer, I drink - but a lot less than before I began losing weight. I had to cut out the drinking during the week. Even when it fit in my caloric budget, it hampered my weight loss. I wish you luck in your journey.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Granted I'm not doing a particular routine, but I've been splurging...drinking and eating (biiiig time) on the weekends and it doesn't harm my progress. If I do good 5-6 days of the week, I'm still losing 2-3 lbs each week. =))
  • maebir
    maebir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I miss my glass of red wine now :-( don't mind less food but the wine is a B I G miss :laugh:
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    I have found it very helpful to use one of your 6 MFP meals just for drinks. That way you can easily see the amount of calories coming from alcohol.
  • newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one jumped on "if you were going to stupid." Excuse me, I'm going to stupid right now.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Unless you have a sippy cup.....:smile:

The bottles on a fuel belt work quite well as well. BTDT.
    Or you could do beer mile style, where you stop to chug your beer, then run the 1/4 mile, repeat x4.

Beer mile style? I like it.
  • NotFab40
    NotFab40 Posts: 13
    Options
    screwed up my post. where is the delete?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one jumped on "if you were going to stupid." Excuse me, I'm going to stupid right now.

You dare.....to be stupid?

wreck-gar.jpg