goal weight? 108-100?

Options
my goal weight is around 108-100 pounds (depending on what hubby lets me get away with) whats yours

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to imagine a life where someone else told me how much I could weigh.
  • healthyloserxxx
    Options
    Sherry...that was exactly my thought! Yesterday I heard a woman admire another woman's hairdo. Then she proudly said 'My husband won't let me cut my hair, if he would I would wear it like yours'??? I was astounded. Thought I had been rolled back to the 50's! Anyway...weigh what is best for you! PUHLEASE!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Could she possibly mean he might not want her to weigh 99lbs?

I'm happy at 120, OP.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

I'm happy at 120, OP.

I'm hoping this as well. That his concern is that she become too thin and unhealthy. At the moment I'm aiming for 150-155 as an ultimate goal weight. It may change when I get closer though.
  • healthyloserxxx
    Options
    Well, she's 19 and married...so that may explain.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

ETA: I'm 5'1 and I'm more aiming for 18-20% body fat versus a scale # goal.

And is there a reason your husband is concerned about you being at or under a certain weight?
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mine is 105 lbs at 5'1.
  • gotchakatja
    gotchakatja Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The age at which she gets married doesn't have anything to do with the dynamics of a healthy/unhealthy relationship. Unhealthy relationships can happen at any age, just like healthy relationships. Please don't use her age and marital status as something against her. That's not fair. View this objectively, not subjectively.
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    123-127. Getting pretty close! I'd look awful at 100-108. I'm slightly curvy and have a more althletic build so I look much better in the 120s. I don't think my hubby would like it if I got down any further than that. :happy:
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options

I'm happy at 120, OP.

thank you for being the first person to look at that comment objectively, he simply cares for my health, more then i seem to sometimes
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    Well, she's 19 and married...so that may explain.

and what might this explain? that im 19 and in a healthy relationship with someone who loves and cares for me more then anyone else? that he cares about my health. it wouldnt matter if im 19 or 30, i have a great relationship and you have no right to judge it depending on what you think of my age.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am taller then you but I have my goals and yes my husband as well said "don't get too small" and I will respect his opinion and not get to the point where I am "too small" based on a frank discussion he and I had about where we both consider too small. We came to a good compromise...a 6pack instead of an 8 pack....:love:

and I am not 19.
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

LOL!! I couldn't help but chuckle.... But maybe she has eating or weight disorder and needs another to monitor her weight for her! JS!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm translating this to mean there's a limit to how skinny she can get before he gets concerned for her health.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    How tall are you?

ETA: I'm 5'1 and I'm more aiming for 18-20% body fat versus a scale # goal.

And is there a reason your husband is concerned about you being at or under a certain weight?

im 5'3" and YES there is a reason he is concerned about my weight, thank you for asking before judging. im recovering from years of an eating disorder, and he is worried that i may slip up if i start to become too thin. when we had met originally i was actually much heavier then my goal weight 114-115, and i was there by extremely unhealthy means, my stomach was con-caved in you could count my ribs, and my hip bones were always bruised on account of the lack of fat that covered them. THIS time im much healthier, i have clean eating habits, and a full 180 lifestyle change. im almost the same weight i was when we met but look so different you would never believe it in pictures.
  • rms922
    rms922 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm happy at my current weight. I'd like to bring my BF% under ten though. Maybe increase my muscle index as well although I think those two things will happen congruently.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    The age at which she gets married doesn't have anything to do with the dynamics of a healthy/unhealthy relationship. Unhealthy relationships can happen at any age, just like healthy relationships. Please don't use her age and marital status as something against her. That's not fair. View this objectively, not subjectively.

Thank you for pointing this out
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I will pray for you! It saddens me when one is faced with an eating disorder... There are so many reasons people fight these demons that convince them to starve or even over eat...... I am glad your much healthier.. You should post the pics... I am interested in seeing them the difference between starving yourself and doing it the healthy way... and you may just help someone else!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options

LOL!! I couldn't help but chuckle.... But maybe she has eating or weight disorder and needs another to monitor her weight for her! JS!

thank you Doone33 for considering there to be something else behind my comment
  • victoryaanne
    victoryaanne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have to love how people automatically jump to the worse about your hubby. Then think that it is OK because you're only 19, what a world we are living in!

I am trying to get to about 130lbs, depending on how I feel when I get there, I might go a little lower.