Question For All MFP Members

Options
T0FatToB3S1ck
T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
Why are there so many users without a profile picture?

Just curious...

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think they are shy.
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Or lazy.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Scared or ashamed of how they look like, well I was anyways before I dropped weight. Props to all those that post their profile pics, ya got more guts then me!!
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    The Matrix is a scary place with scary people...maybe they feel safer not showing a picture.

Maybe another question is how many profile pictures are actually the member?
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Or they just don't want to. I would imagine not everyone on here is here for the social part of it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1) Some people know better. We've been on the internet and have seen enough to know better to post pics here. I am an IT security guy so its just an impulse to avoid putting up pics here

2) Some people don't like to take pics (i.e. me)

3) Some people feel judged

4) shyness

5) don't wanna be creeped on

6) Many people don't get the point of posting one and say why bother.

7) Many people aren't active enough in the community to even bother changing their default pic since they rarely, if ever, participate on the forums.

8) some are newbies and so don't really think about filling out the profile and pics.

I personally ask folks to at least put up a pic like I have because the default pic is kind of annoying and doesn't really seperates you from others but its upto them really.

ETA: Whats REALLY annoying however is when girls post some other girls pics they got from the itnernet and try and pretend its them. I would take the empty pics over that any day!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Some people don't care to put a photo out where it could be searched.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    The Matrix is a scary place with scary people...maybe they feel safer not showing a picture.

Yeah, read that totally wrong LOL
  • HideyoshiKinoshita
    HideyoshiKinoshita Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with shame on my part. :)
    My group and I just have to roleplay our characters.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I didnt get one for the longest time because I just used it myself and didnt add friends. Perhaps people either prefer to be anonymous, or they are lazy :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I thought they were app only members. Not me I have to share all this sexy! It's only right when you have so much.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

Yeah, read that totally wrong LOL

*giggle*

now i did too!
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    All valid points above, but why are there so many without pictures (or filled in profiles) looking for friends on the Introduce Yourself board?
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I use my avatar!
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Why are there so many users without a profile picture?

Just curious...
    I don't know, but your profile pic is awesome. :laugh:
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    1) Some people know better. We've been on the internet and have seen enough to know better to post pics here. I am an IT security guy so its just an impulse to avoid putting up pics here

2) Some people don't like to take pics (i.e. me)

3) Some people feel judged

4) shyness

5) don't wanna be creeped on

6) Many people don't get the point of posting one and say why bother.

7) Many people aren't active enough in the community to even bother changing their default pic since they rarely, if ever, participate on the forums.

I personally ask folks to at least put up a pic like I have because the default pic is kind of annoying and doesn't really seperates you from others but its upto them really.

ETA: Whats REALLY annoying however is when girls post some other girls pics they got from the itnernet and try and pretend its them. I would take the empty pics over that any day!
    Taunto we all know that is what you really look like.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    All valid points above, but why are there so many without pictures (or filled in profiles) looking for friends on the Introduce Yourself board?

Apparently you didn't really read all the valid points....
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Or they just don't want to. I would imagine not everyone on here is here for the social part of it.

That's the stuff... Would bang!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have pictures of myself in my profile. Only my friends have access, though. Taunto summed up the reasons nicely, I think.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Because they're too sexy and don't want all of my dirty messages.