Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    no i would not
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm totally wearing it thanks to most of you guys who gave me the boost of confidence & support that I should :):) Highly appreciate it. The replies all made me smile :):)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I have two kids. Second baby added stretch marks to thighs and a little on lower back. Most people (90% let's say to be specific) do not notice my stretch marks. 10% do notice and the occasional person will comment negatively. I also have cellulite which leads to about the same break down. Bottom line? I am proud of how far I have come, I am proud of my two kids, and personally I do not think having babies (or stretch marks) means you have to spend your life behind full cover body suits. Then some would say I am biased since I had my first baby at 19 and really have forgotten (now 30 in less than a month) what my body was like. I argue this is who I am and I love how I have lived, not every woman gets stretch marks but I was not that lucky. Which is fine, I still rock it and I handle the occasional criticism of doing so respectfully not everyone is me and those that mock do jot understand, or care, Its their prerogative.

Also adding you look great, but you have to be comfortable with you because though most might find you fabulous their are always haters. (As someone already pointed out)
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    you look great! go for it!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wear whatever the heck you want.

This. Congrats on 122 lbs!!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes wear a bikini -

most people wont care.

Many people will see your beautiful figure and other features, (nice hair!).

to those who might stare, for whatever reason or not, just be confident and dont worry about them - the beach and pool are there for fun. so have fun!

You dont look like someone stuffing themself into too small bathing suit, which is not attractive, but your few little imperfections are hardly noticable.
  • Nenny1985
    Nenny1985 Posts: 122
    Options
    You look amazing! Go for it!
  • cazcarr89
    Options
    I also have stretch marks, they never bothered me until I got more after I had my daughter! I'm not really one to care what people think, you're not the only one with stretch marks so flaunt your new body that you worked hard for, you earned your 'stripes'!!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    wow!! YES WEAR IT
  • BurningAway
    Options
    You rock that bikini girl! Rock it all the way to the beach!
  • suechamber1
    suechamber1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG YES!!!!!! To look like that AND have had kids! Get out there in your bikini and rock it! You would be one of those people who I would see on the beach and wish I could look like!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Of course you can.

But yes, some people might find your stetch marks something to stare at or comment on, but f*** those people.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm self conscious about my stretch marks. I've worked hard to wear a bikini (i'm not there yet but would like to wear one on our vacation in a few months) but i'm worried about the stretch marks and theres nothing I can do for them. Any thoughts? Would you?

Wear it. I'd happily check you out. More importantly, own who you are and what you've done, you look great, embrace it.
  • teeduran
    teeduran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    vitamin E oil is the best I used it during, and after. and you can't hardly see my stretch marks. You look great in the bathing suit. Super great wear it have a great vacation. If you man loves the way you look then you have it nailed. hugs to you..
  • EmilyWest1919
    EmilyWest1919 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are rocking that thing and your waist is to die for! Our stretch marks are our battle scars...wear them with pride. Yes, yes, yes!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Does the bikini make you happy? Do you feel that you can enjoy your vacation in the bikini?

If you answered yes to both of those questions the answer is yes. If you are not going to enjoy yourself because you are too worried about the stretch marks, opt for something with more coverage. Personally I do not think you need to worry about it you look fantastic, anyone who comments on your stretchmarks is just self conscious themselves and projecting their body image issues on you.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If I looked that damn good I'd wear a bikini and not even wear a cover up. For real.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    you look awesome and that suit is a great choice! I hope you rock that thing with pride!
  • babyluu80
    babyluu80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can and should definitely wear that bikini. I think we are our own worst critics. Most people don't even notice or care that you have stretch marks. I have a ton and I'm bigger than you but I still rocked my bikinis when I was on vacation this year. Wear it with confidence because you've come a long way and should be proud of it. Enjoy your vacation!!!!

PS: Bio Oil can help but don't expect it to make them fade completely. I used it on the scars on my knees everyday for two months and although it was a bit lighter there wasn't that huge of a difference.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I think everyone your age should wear a bikini - no matter what. Wear it with confidence! When you are 80 years old, you will look back at these pictures of yourself and long for the day.

Oh by the way, I love to see guys who aren't ripped running topless. I think being comfortable in your own skin is hot.