alcohol

Options
124»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Probably best not to drink alcohol while you're working out. You may spill it.

Unless you have a sippy cup.....:smile:

The bottles on a fuel belt work quite well as well. BTDT.
    Or you could do beer mile style, where you stop to chug your beer, then run the 1/4 mile, repeat x4.

Beer mile style? I like it.

http://www.beermile.com
  • NotFab40
    NotFab40 Posts: 13
    Options
    I had alcohol several times per week and lost 16 pounds. Yes I drink too much but did I lose weight and tone up, yes I did. No need to cut out alcohol if you are smart about your food and choice low-cal drink choices. And work out!!

I'm drinking in both pictures

2ibyl4p.jpg

Yes, I'm new to this. Posted all wrong. Would like to know your secret for toning. My running doesn't do much for this, other than spill my booze. Thanks!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    By the way you should have not even bothered commenting if you were going to stupid.

He was joking! :laugh: It was how you worded it...I thought the same joke to myself! LOL
    Take a chill pill lady! :bigsmile:

Chill pills aren't in her meal plan. :(
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one jumped on "if you were going to stupid." Excuse me, I'm going to stupid right now.

8d57eb6a797160d482c78343594cf77de9e23448_m.gif
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Unless you have a sippy cup.....:smile:

The bottles on a fuel belt work quite well as well. BTDT.
    Or you could do beer mile style, where you stop to chug your beer, then run the 1/4 mile, repeat x4.

Beer mile style? I like it.

http://www.beermile.com

Apparently I have been living under a rock. :laugh: This is fantastic. Thanks for the share. :drinker:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    By the way you should have not even bothered commenting if you were going to stupid.

I wouldn't recommend you drink alcohol...EVER.

It's clear you couldn't handle it..
    Truth
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I'm 22. Of course I drink.

I avoid alcohol as much as possible Sunday-Thursday, but all bets are off come Friday/Saturday.

But, I'm also down ~17 pounds and lots of inches (8+ inches from my whole body in the past month). So bottoms up. :drinker:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Here you go...and this is with drinking bombay gin + tonics mostly every weekend! My favorite drink :)

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results--1_zps0df2b730.jpg
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Wow! WTH happened in here? lol
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one jumped on "if you were going to stupid." Excuse me, I'm going to stupid right now.

I noticed that too... but some things you need to just let slide to avoid the rage
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options

8d57eb6a797160d482c78343594cf77de9e23448_m.gif

I only continued through the thread to see what hilarious-ness might come of that.. Thank you for kip.
  • MelissaBoydston82
    Options
    oooh angry drunks are the worst.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can only post on these forums AFTER I've been drinking.

Dude. I can only *read* them after I've been drinking. Jeez.
    And yes, you can drink and lose weight/fat.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    There is a huge following that claims that alcohol screws with protein synthesis for muscle building and repair. Never really researched it but have heard enough people claim it that it might be worth looking into if you are really concerned. Of course most what people claim is usually 99% BS and not backed up by any real research. Just passing on something that might be worth looking up.

There's also the camp that will use a couple drinks as a means of dehydrating a little extra water weight when they're retaining.

Yes, it is a duiretic. I find the bit you wrote about alcohol screwing the protein synthesis for muscle building and repair interesting though. Going to Google around later and see what I can find out. :flowerforyou:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stick my head above the parapet with recognition it will probably be shot off, but...

I drink pretty much every night. Sometimes only a beer, more often than not around 1/3 - 1/2 of a bottle of red wine. Every now and then I will have a couple of bottles, but these events are comparitively few and far between. Am I losing weight? Yes. Do I feel it is hindering me? Not sure, but whilst I am still losing, my muscles are appearing more toned and my fitness is rising, I'm not going to sweat it :drinker:

I would advise a Tomee Tipee cup for alchohol consumption whilst working out :wink:
  • crystalc27
    crystalc27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yea I probably would if I tried it!! IDIOT!!

Really? resorting to name calling and berating someone else for a joke. WHY OH WHY MUST EVERYONE BE SO MEAN ??? *see next mean thread in the forums*

Because you seem to need more to drink here :drinker: Drink up!
  • crystalc27
    Options
    Yea I probably would if I tried it!! IDIOT!!

Really? resorting to name calling and berating someone else for a joke. WHY OH WHY MUST EVERYONE BE SO MEAN ??? *see next mean thread in the forums*

Because you seem to need more to drink here :drinker: Drink up!
    Oh I will be...:drinker:
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options

It was not intended to offend. It was a light comment on a topic that confounds most of us. I apologize if you took it that way. Carry on.

Why did you apologize? You weren't the one out of order. Looks like it got deleted anyway.
  • crystalc27
    Options
    Well from all the feedback, I figured that ''drinking while working out'' lol will not ruin my weight loss goals.
  • girlinthegymjungle
    Options
    Alcohol is pure carbs, and sugar. Just be smart about it! if you ate well that day, sure have some drinks with friends but skip on the drunchies ;)

And feel free to friend me, and check out my blog! http://girlinthegymjungle.wordpress.com/