Extreme amount of calories left over at end.

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    what is a BJJ workout?

Also, never weight yourself in the evening..you will naturally weight more than in AM because you have been eating all day ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    save it for a cheat day

Do such thing like "saving" calories exist?
    Isn´t everyday a new slate?

Pretty sure you can't "save" cals for another day. i agree... every day is a new start.

You certainly can "Save" calories for another day. Maybe not a year from now, but if you want to eat a bit over goal tomorrow, it evens out. Not like your body has an instant "reset" switch. I aim for my weekly goal, because I am not a robot who can eat the same amount every day.

Oh, and I recommend pizza and/or beer when you have extra calories to spare :)

you can save them over a year if you burry them in your back yard, wrapped in raspberry ketones..works for me...
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Of course you can "save" calories. Your body doesn't flip a switch every 24 hours. If it did, people trying that insanely dangerous water fast would keel over dead the first day in.

OP, the answer is always peanut butter.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Drink half a pint of olive oil...

Easy to eat the calories you'e burning, just expensive. Might be easier to cut back on the cardio than increase your fuel

just plain olive oil???? ughhhh I like olive oil but I am not going to sit around guzzling it at night....

Joke dude. Pretty sure you'd vomit if you drank oil
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Two things:
    1. plan ahead. space out food throughout the day so you don't come up short
    2. use a TDEE-based approach rather than exercise calories approach, which should smooth out your intake from day to day

This is precisely why I prefer the TDEE method. When I use MFP's NEAT model, I pay attention to my 7-day rolling average to even out those high-exercise, lo-calories days.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to save your calories for more than a day or two, wrap them tightly, place in an airtight container, and keep them in the coldest part of the refrigerator. They should keep for about 5 days. Longer in the freezer.

:laugh:

Now I know what that mysterious stuff was that I found in my fridge yesterday.

Had it turned green and fuzzy yet?

In seriousness, how I understand it, if you weigh in every week - say Sunday a.m. - you would have to have a deficit of 3500 calories from weigh in to weigh in - so between Sunday a.m. and the next Sunday a.m. you can save within that time period. Does that make sense? It does to me, but then again, I think in strange ways. I might be wrong, but that is how I look at it, that is why one BAD day won't ruin the entire week if you watch the rest of the week.

Also, remember your weight does vary throughout the day so you should only compare the weights taken at the same time of day. That will give you the best idea on your weight. Either that - or start measuring inches instead.
  • Marie_25
    Marie_25 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ LOL!! I may try this approach! OOPS It moved!!! I may try the burying in the garden approach!!!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Now here is my biggest problem, trying to get enough calories to match my workouts. Today I did an hour of BJJ and an hour of Dog Brothers stickfighting. Even with regular eating....I ended up my day weighing heavier than in the AM with 1500calories remaining at the end of the day.

Love to know what to do when you have those extremes in your remaining calories.

Generally speaking you should be eating back SOME of those calories, if you ate them ALL back you'd likely gain weight because the calorie calculations are horrendously inaccurate. If you know you are going to be working out like that you should likely compensate during the day for the expected expenditure.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming, because you lasted 2 hours of heavy exercise, that this isn't the first time you've done those exercises. You know the approximate amount of calories you would burn in a session. Up your calories throughout the day (have more food with each meal if you have to) to make sure that you are fueling yourself before, as well as after your workout.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to save your calories for more than a day or two, wrap them tightly, place in an airtight container, and keep them in the coldest part of the refrigerator. They should keep for about 5 days. Longer in the freezer.

LOVE IT!!
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you're struggling with calories, why not add in protein shakes or meal replacement on top of your normal eating?

I wouldn't weigh yourself morning and night, you will be heavier at night (all the food and water consumed adds weight)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    What does how much you weigh in the evening have to do with it?

Darn it! You took my question from me!!!! :sad:
    So... Yea... what HE said ^^^

What they said! Then eat some nut butter, coconut butter, 20 oreos cookies - whatever.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    BJ?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    BJ?

That's a kind offer but I hardly know you.....
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    BJ?

Brazilian BJ. Burns tons of calories.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Two things:
    1. plan ahead. space out food throughout the day so you don't come up short
    2. use a TDEE-based approach rather than exercise calories approach, which should smooth out your intake from day to day

I second this!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    BJ?

Brazilian BJ. Burns tons of calories.

because of all the waxing beforehand...
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem and felt I was force feeding myself on exercise days and then on rest days I was struggling to not go over. But since I switched to the TDEE method, I no longer have that issue.
  • steffij100
    steffij100 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Think you've got lots of good advice there. But just wanted to add- how downright rude, all those spare calories and you don't even offer them round! :wink: