TV moments that made you cry. Possible Spoilers.

Replies

• paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    I totally cried last night while watching Duck Dynasty. Crazy I know, but when Mrs. K and Phil said their vows it totally choked me up.

DONT TELL ME!!!!!! I recorded it...SHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Well, I'm man enough to admit that I teared up a little at the end of The Fresh Prince of Bel-aire episode where Will's father leaves him and he expresses his anger to Uncle Phil by telling him how far in life he's made it without him and says "THE HELL WITH HIM!", but then breaks down and says "Uncle Phil, why don't he want me?" and Uncle Phil just hugs him and the camera pans to the statue of the sculture of a father holding his son.

Oh, who am I kidding...I bawled like a freaking baby!
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    The end of Shelock season 2. SOBBING. Gross sobbing.

DS9 ending, especially the bit with Kira and Odo

The end of Lexx, because I am just that weird.

The TV movie The Tenth Kingdom

...did I mention I'm a geek?
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Titanic.. when they show the old couple holding eachother in the bed.. I start then and cry to the end...every time!
    Toy story .. when they are about to be burned and all take hands.
    Can't think of any TV moments!

That is the part of Titanic that sets me off every time!! I cry from then until it ends..

Lost, when Charlie dies!

When Padme died in Revenge of the Sith.

When Data died in Nemesis :'(
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    end of friends

when Dr Donna had to lose who she had become and go back to who she was...and turn left...sobbed through both of those.

and when Rose was lost

...when Martha left my family had a party however..

Stargate..Daniel dying (the first time) and Jacks first meeting with the Asgard

Criminal minds when Emily got 'killed'

Harry Potter when Fred (or George) got killed

and the old ad for yellow pages for 'J.R. Hartley'

actually I am obviously an emotional wreck and should not be allowed to watch tv lol

and losing David Tennant :sad:

martyx

This ^^^ is pretty much my list, esp Daniel in Stargate, & David Tennant :(

Most of Grey's ... like a BABY!

In her shoes when the poem is read at the wedding " I carry your heart"

Marley & Me (if you haven't seen it, and you're a dog owner / lover - DON'T do it!)

The west wing when Josh was shot :(
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    ok ok...WHO started this topic?? I've gotten sucked into it...and frankly haven't gotten ANY work done. I don't watch much TV here lately... (except Duck Dynasty which has sucked me in so DON"T tell me about last night...I recorded it)...

Pay if Forward...Obviously when they all came to the house with candles.
    Raising Helen- when she finds the kids in the closet after losing their mother.
    We were soliders when Mel's wife had to tell that one girl that her husband was dead
    We are Marshall when the college president stood in the rain to get the league guy to let them in...

Of course the stories on Extreme Makeover...but I remember one where they put up a flag pole and they got a new wheelchair that made the solider stand...and he stood and everyone saluted him.... OMG.. wept wept wept... and then the one where the father was in a wheel chair already and the family got in an accident and the son ended up in one...OMG...of course that's real life... you cant fake that. I cry when I see solider suprises.... especially when mommys and daddy's surprise their kids... or a solider meets their child for the first time... they don't have to be sad tears...but tears beause you have seen something so beautiful and special and precious. I'd watch 24 hours of that stuff and cry all day instead of the crap that is on there (hence why I watch little tv)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    any UK peeps remember soldier soldier?

when robson green is singing unchained melody and it shows donna shagging someone else... sooooo sad!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    when joey couldnt eat his meatball sandwich in peace on friends
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    The series finale of Six Feet Under. I bawl uncontrollably no matter what. I've watched the whole series like 6 times.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    He gets to keep his memories and such, but he's a completely new personality. It must be saddening knowing you're going to lose all your current you-ness. And don't forget that some things are really fixed in time, remember The Waters of Mars? Even if you can change the events that are supposed to happen, they have a way of righting themselves in the worst way possible. That's why he couldn't go back and pick up Rose or Donna at an earlier point in their lives, the big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff would get twisted up.

Well, Donna was lost to him, anyway. But he could still go visit Marha and Mickey in the future.

I dunno. I like the idea of Doctor Who, but the show itself, to me, isn't especially well-written. I watch it because the concept is fun, but I always walk away disappointed by the storylines.
    Definitely depends on the writer. I've been disappointed a ton of times since Steve Moffat took over.
  • when opie of SOns of Anarchy died..
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    The Walking Dead season 1, when Rick gets back to the camp and Carl sees him for the first time and runs to him. Every. Time.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    when opie of SOns of Anarchy died..

Have you seen the video of actor Ryan Hurst shaving off his Opie beard? THAT made me cry.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    -When George died on Grey's Anatomy...when it was revealed that animals ate Lexi after her death...when they showed Richard in the puddle, electrocuted
    -the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama...actually, there are a lot of episodes of Futurama that have made me cry, like the one where Fry goes back to the past and lives a whole other life as a narwhal trainer, and Luck of the Fryish, where Fry finds out that his brother named his nephew after him...and then the nephew becomes an astronaut and goes to Mars, just like Fry wanted to as a boy
    -last season on the Biggest Loser when Bob and Jeff have the talk about Jeff wasting his life away
    -that episode of Extreme Weight Loss when Jami tells Chris she was going to kill herself
    -When Kristina almost died on Parenthood, her whole breast cancer arc, really

-
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    A lot of the crossovers that Melinda did on Ghost Whisperer.

I bawled like a baby when her husband died (don't get me started on the whole jumping into another body storyline).
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    when opie of SOns of Anarchy died..

Have you seen the video of actor Ryan Hurst shaving off his Opie beard? THAT made me cry.

Yes I did.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Frost dying
    Sybil dying (downton abbey)
    Anything that involves fathers and daughters, good or bad. Just can't cope with that!
    Futurama when fry's dog waits and waits for fry
    Angelina ballerina when angelina realises how much she loves her sister

Basically, I cry whenever they play sad music :(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    He gets to keep his memories and such, but he's a completely new personality. It must be saddening knowing you're going to lose all your current you-ness. And don't forget that some things are really fixed in time, remember The Waters of Mars? Even if you can change the events that are supposed to happen, they have a way of righting themselves in the worst way possible. That's why he couldn't go back and pick up Rose or Donna at an earlier point in their lives, the big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff would get twisted up.

Well, Donna was lost to him, anyway. But he could still go visit Marha and Mickey in the future.

I dunno. I like the idea of Doctor Who, but the show itself, to me, isn't especially well-written. I watch it because the concept is fun, but I always walk away disappointed by the storylines.
    Definitely depends on the writer. I've been disappointed a ton of times since Steve Moffat took over.
    I haven't watched one yet (and I've watched them all) that didn't disappoint me. I always feel like they miss great story opportunities. There's something too Pollyanna about that show, I guess. But sometimes it makes me laugh and I like the characters.

And the storylines feel very shallow to me (not like all about looks shallow, just not deep).
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    The Walking Dead - when Daryl had to kill Merle after he turned into a Zombie. I wanted to hold him so bad!!

tumblr_mo0l3zM3uQ1r5ndk1o2_400.gif

THIS. MY GOD :'(

I held him once.....just not long enough lol

PicsArt_1376172610423_zpsc462600e.jpg

~~~swoon~~~
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Parenthood. Every episode.