Sweating.. A LOT!

Options
2»

Replies

• dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I sweat, A LOT, too. I always have to have a towel onhand and I can see the sweat streaks running down my legs. It's gross.

I refer to it as......slimey. I get slimey. But I look at it this way - slimey means I am working out!!

In my regular life - I sweat a lot too. That is one thing that I am hoping goes down and the pounds go down.
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    I am doing Insanity too and believe me the floor is drenched by the time I am doing the stretching after the warm up. I mostly do the work out at the gym that is kept quite cool but still by the end of the workout the floor has a puddle of liquid on it.

Oh and I always wipe the floor clean with already used paper towels from the bin!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot too, even before I gained a few pounds. My face gets super sweaty, something I inherited from my father and something I've passed down to my children. It's not because you're out of shape, but can also be because you have more sweat glands than others.

I sweat sometimes just taking my children out of their car seats. It'll be a nice 70F out and I'll feel sweat forming on my face.
  • ovhenderson
    ovhenderson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nope. If you were following the Insanity nutrition regimen that meant you started eating much better and getting in the right amount of fluids. Meaning, you weren't dehydrated so you actually fluid to sweat out like you're supposed to lol. It's amazing how our metabolism flips back on track when we fix our nutrition.
  • zapballs
    zapballs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Such is life. I am a dancer (ballet & modern) and I sweat so much it's totally embarrassing! While my peers are "glowing" I look like I just got out of the shower. I have tried everything to reduce the sweat from supplements to using deodorant on my face lol. Now I find the only thing that works efficiently is a trusty sweat rag! I attribute this condition to genetics, weather (115 degrees is so unflattering) and also stress. The more anxious I am in the more sweat I excrete... Sweaty girls UNITE!!!!
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm a sweaty beast too... when I clean my cardio machines I need to wipe the floor around it too...
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm also a sweater! After a long run in summer, the backs of my knees are sweaty, my hair is soaking and my kit needs to be washed twice! :laugh:
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i never used to sweat when i attempted exercise. this time around im walking daily and doing the 30 DS and i am DISGUSTING. like streaming down my face and neck like im in the rain disgusting. uugh
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I sweat about 32 seconds into my workouts. When I run or do HIIT of any sort, sweat is literally dripping down my face before I'm done. Not as much with strength training, though.

Exact same here. I have to take paper towels with me to tuck behind my water bottle on the treadmill to wipe my face throughout HIIT. I never used to sweat a lot during physical activity until I lost the weight. I also sweat a lot more easily now in the sun & hot places. It's weird.

I also get this annoying little sweat "mustache". My lip gets little beads of sweat on it and if I don't wipe it off it turns into an annoying llttle glistening 'stache. :grumble:
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm pretty proud of myself if i have to mop up the floor around the machines when I'm done.
    Just embrace it, and maybe buy some moisture wicking clothes because, comfort.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I really don't know how true this is. Personally, I don't worry one way or the other, but I heard that if you're sweating loads your body isn't working as efficiently as it could. It's putting tons of energy into trying to cool you down rather than powering your muscles. *shrug*

I like wearing breathable workout gear so the sweat can evaporate because I don't like the feeling of wet clothes sticking to me.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

So I've been wondering if I'm the only girl who sweats so much while working out. One year ago I started Insanity and completed it, lost 22lbs. Ever since I sweat so quickly during my workouts. My back is soaking wet, and so is my butt! I thought only men could have sweaty backs haha! I'm still doing workouts like Insanity and Focus T25.

I am overweight, I weigh 184lbs and I'm 5'9". Could this be the reason?

I usually wear those grey shorts (sweatpants fabric) so by the time I finished my workout, it's dark grey lol.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't see sweat as some sort of enemy, I'm just wondering if I'm the only female that sweats so much (especially on the back..)

Thanks!

You're not alone. There are a lot of ladies at my gym who leave puddles under the equipment, or glisten with sweat all through their workout. It's so hot.