Extreme amount of calories left over at end.

Options
124»

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking you can only eat non-calorie dense food. A generous peanut butter and jelly sandwich mid-morning and mid-afternoon will add 1,000 calories to your day.

Just be sure you really are burning all those calories first.

Crap. A PB and Nutella on some thick bread is an easy 600-700 calories. A cup of peanuts is like 800 calories too. It's extremely easy to pack on the calories if needed.

Did you just call what I said 'crap', and then more or less repeat it exactly?

Nope, if I thought that was crap food I would have said so. Replace the word "crap" with "hell" in my statement maybe. I'm basically reinforcing your initial suggestion, probably doesn't read as intended.
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Meh, that's why I switched to TDEE - 10%. I run 30-40 miles a week and burn ridiculous amounts of calories (1000-1300) on my long runs and eating those back would just be too much food considering I already average 1800-2000 calories a day.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I save mine. Gonna trade them in for free hugs at this place I heard about on the internet:
    seems-legit-free-hugs.jpg
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    save it for a cheat day

Do such thing like "saving" calories exist?
    Isn´t everyday a new slate?

Pretty sure you can't "save" cals for another day. i agree... every day is a new start.

You certainly can "Save" calories for another day. Maybe not a year from now, but if you want to eat a bit over goal tomorrow, it evens out. Not like your body has an instant "reset" switch. I aim for my weekly goal, because I am not a robot who can eat the same amount every day.

Oh, and I recommend pizza and/or beer when you have extra calories to spare :)

you can save them over a year if you burry them in your back yard, wrapped in raspberry ketones..works for me...

Won't the calories just sprout up trees that will produce a bunch more baby calories? That's what I heard. Then the OP will be in more trouble. He'll have to get an olive oil IV!
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    With my alternate day cardio I just eat back half of what I burned one day (according to HRM calculation - don't trust the values on this site), then the other half on my rest/weights day.

Found it to be a better solution than stuffing myself one day and being hungier the next and net calories consumed/burned is the same.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Just eat a little more throughout the week to even it out. It's pretty near impossible for me to eat over 3000 calories a day, but easy for me to do double workouts or backpacking and burn in excess of that. Just make sure you're not working out that intensely every day to the point where you can never catch up and you start getting weak.
  • rosiesmall1
    rosiesmall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    BJ?

That's a kind offer but I hardly know you.....
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1500 is nothing

eat half a pizza
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking you can only eat non-calorie dense food. A generous peanut butter and jelly sandwich mid-morning and mid-afternoon will add 1,000 calories to your day.

Just be sure you really are burning all those calories first.

Crap. A PB and Nutella on some thick bread is an easy 600-700 calories. A cup of peanuts is like 800 calories too. It's extremely easy to pack on the calories if needed.

Did you just call what I said 'crap', and then more or less repeat it exactly?

Nope, if I thought that was crap food I would have said so. Replace the word "crap" with "hell" in my statement maybe. I'm basically reinforcing your initial suggestion, probably doesn't read as intended.

Ah, I see! :laugh:
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Got a bit interested in the TDEE calculators, entered my info for the activity level - 8058 calories per day? OK, Mifflin-St. Jeor calculator - 3058, seems more likely.

And yet, I've gotten a lot leaner on about 2000-2400 calories per day and usually don't feel like I am starving or anything. I have a lot of faith in my body that it know what it needs and when it needs it.

I used to be on a 4600 calorie diet, and I had a lot more lean mass (235), but now I need to stay within weight-cut distance of 198 (at 203) for grappling competition and I am leaner than I ever was before...

I also do BJJ, Judo, and about 3x HIIT sessions per week. Will get done with a 2 hour BJJ session at 7:00 and be facing a 2500 calorie deficit as I go straight to practice from work and therefore haven't had dinner yet.

I think I just need to get some calipers and experiment...
  • BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :) you will always weigh more at night then you do in the morning. I have no idea what these things mean LOL but it sounds like one heck of a work out! I am sorry I don't have any advice for calories left over LOL I eat mine all up no matter how much I excercise!
  • cmykix
    cmykix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I own the school so I end up training every day.