• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    I would say tape, or bandaids
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    lurker.gif

I kid. Good luck!

hahahahaha, bout died laughing.
  • Either nipple covers or a nice, padded sports bra. A lot of big chested friends wear Panache sports bras, and while a little expensive, they'll prevent your problems as well as making it so you don't have to double up.
  • Maile_131
    Maile_131 Posts: 5 Member
    Totally can relate...go to Amazon: boob-eez are the name. I use them all the time. They're reusable and work great. Completely understand!
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    My nips are usually in the same state while working out. I give zero f@¢ks. I wear good sport bras that support the DD's - only the one bra at the time. I wear the shirt I want to - because its clean or keeps me appropriately cool or warm. If some guy enjoys staring at them, he's welcome to do so. You're welcome, fellas. I'm gonna worry about my workout and head home. I could not imagine layering up a bunch of bras or strategically selecting tops or buying special equipment or going out of my way *at all* to prevent some dudes I don't know and don't care about from looking at me.
  • huajia
    huajia Posts: 4 Member
    I usually wear a lose tee over my sports bra, that usually solves the problem!
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Just tell them you are smuggling raisins!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Totally can relate...go to Amazon: boob-eez are the name. I use them all the time. They're reusable and work great. Completely understand!

^^^ This. I also have the same issue. No biggie, the boob-eez make it all good. :drinker:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    My nips are usually in the same state while working out. I give zero f@¢ks. I wear good sport bras that support the DD's - only the one bra at the time. I wear the shirt I want to - because its clean or keeps me appropriately cool or warm. If some guy enjoys staring at them, he's welcome to do so. You're welcome, fellas. I'm gonna worry about my workout and head home. I could not imagine layering up a bunch of bras or strategically selecting tops or buying special equipment or going out of my way *at all* to prevent some dudes I don't know and don't care about from looking at me.

it's not really a chore. I don't go out of my way to prevent it... but I know sometimes I can use the extra support/coverage.

I select only 1 type of workout top- a tank top. and I wear only 2 types of bras to work out in... so it's not like I'm jumping through hoops to get the result I want.

And I pack my gym back at 630 AM- I get to the gym at 500 PM- I work till I'm done- then I work out form 8 -11... if I have nips- because I didn't pack the right combo of stuff-it's too damn bad. But I really dislike them being out there- and it's no LESS convenient for me to simple select dark colors (which I like) or bra's that support me AND keep them under wraps. once I'm there- it's game on and that's it. if it happens it happens- but really- ultimately... it's not really out of my way to wear two bras that support me- the single layer ones are lightly padded anyway... and a dark color tank- I have 3 light colored ones... so yeah.

not exactly the crisis to avoid something that some people find very uncomfortable. I spend more time making sure I don't wear the red top with my neon pants- OH first world problems- whatever will we do.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Nope, not trolling. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with. It is just weird, when I am doing a set of shoulder presses and my (as I call them, my second set of eyes) are staring me down.

I can't afford expensive bras. That's why I double and triple up on the three-pack sport bras from Wal-Mart.

I think I'm going to get the nipple covers (pasties). Without the fringe and sparkles.

Thanks for the responses!!!
  • FireRox21
    Just tell them you are smuggling raisins!

HA! Mine are more like hazelnuts.

I will have to check out Boob-eeze.

Thanks for the info.
  • FireRox21
    lurker.gif

I kid. Good luck!

Haha!!! Nice.

I swear there's a guy at the my gym that looks like, and does, that exact move!!!
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    I admit that I did snicker a little bit at the original post. Not to poke fun at the embarrassment... I'm male and not nearly in the shape of most people that work out at my gym. In "normal" life most would consider me attractive (I think/hope) but in the gym I'm just the 33-yr old used-to-be-a-football-player looking dude who forgot to work out for about 10 years. So... I can at least a little bit relate to having some body issues. I have man-nipples that like to be out and about when I'm hitting the weights and stuff, but like I said, not too many people staring at me so meh. I am not there to pick anyone up or to be picked up on, I'm there to work and I assume you are too. What goes on with other people around me makes zero difference to me... until they leave the fly machine all soaked with their sweat or take the last 30lb dumbell. jerks..

The way I look at it is this: being a member of a gym comes with a lot of benefits and a few not-so-great "perks" (see what I did there?). Many, many gym-goers enjoy being ogled, as it fuels their self-esteem and drive to improve themselves even more. Those people wear skimpy clothes and spend a little too much time in front of the mirror. If you're not comfortable being one of those people, then by all means do something to shade those high-beams. On the other hand, like so many people have posted already, we *all* have nipples (save the 0.0001% who have had some sort of tragic farming accident) and we all know that everyone else has nipples. Don't be embarrassed! You're at the gym to do your thing, who cares what someone else thinks? Trust me, if they're looking then they like what they see and you're doing well in your progression. Not everyone likes that, obviously... but it's certainly nothing to be embarrassed about :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I get embarrassed if my nipples show but working out its bound to happen. I generally ignore it... guys' nipples show too when they are working out. Why can't we?

I would never ever wear more then one sports bra.... Yikes! Gets some good high quality ones. Lululemon has ones that are built for big boobs and gives you pads to keep nipples from peaking out. They are approximately $50 a pop and you should only need 2-3. Or get thicker tank tops?
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Nope, not trolling. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with. It is just weird, when I am doing a set of shoulder presses and my (as I call them, my second set of eyes) are staring me down.

I can't afford expensive bras. That's why I double and triple up on the three-pack sport bras from Wal-Mart.

I think I'm going to get the nipple covers (pasties). Without the fringe and sparkles.

Thanks for the responses!!!

If you are on a budget you can try reusable nursing pads. They would do the trick as well and are probably less expensive.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    sorry, can't help without pics.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    I doubt if people are staring as much as you believe. I'm in the gym around women all the time and yes, I notice hotness and sneak a peek on occasion. But I don't stare and don't see other people staring or pointing or commenting.

^^ this!

Its more noticible to us then them!
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Every since I fell pregnant I've had this problem not just when my heart rate gets up, but for some utterly bizarre reason when my bladder is full and after I've pee'd! Panache sports bras are brilliant, and if you can't afford one then I've found the milk pads you stick in your bras work well to cover it and a massive box is cheap as can be.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

it's not really a chore. I don't go out of my way to prevent it... but I know sometimes I can use the extra support/coverage.

I select only 1 type of workout top- a tank top. and I wear only 2 types of bras to work out in... so it's not like I'm jumping through hoops to get the result I want.

And I pack my gym back at 630 AM- I get to the gym at 500 PM- I work till I'm done- then I work out form 8 -11... if I have nips- because I didn't pack the right combo of stuff-it's too damn bad. But I really dislike them being out there- and it's no LESS convenient for me to simple select dark colors (which I like) or bra's that support me AND keep them under wraps. once I'm there- it's game on and that's it. if it happens it happens- but really- ultimately... it's not really out of my way to wear two bras that support me- the single layer ones are lightly padded anyway... and a dark color tank- I have 3 light colored ones... so yeah.

not exactly the crisis to avoid something that some people find very uncomfortable. I spend more time making sure I don't wear the red top with my neon pants- OH first world problems- whatever will we do.

It's like we're the same person. Get out of my head! Sounds like we wear the exact same type of gear for the exact same reason. So nice to see that I'm not a crazy person.