Does anyone have a soup recipe ?

Options
nettip
nettip Posts: 113 Member
HIYA about 2yrs ago i did ww and my leadder gave me a recipe for a soup she makes with canned tomatos,peppers,carrots onions, garlic ,chilli powder and then add any other veggies u like ( i added mixed beans and parsnips) ww call it a zero point soup as its low cal and you dont count most of you veg with ww. i loved this soup but i cannot remember for the life of me how to make the thing please help ???

Replies

• Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I make my own version of a minestrone soup and I really like it. You could add or leave out just about anything, depending on your tastes and what you're in the mood for that day.

1 can/bottle v8 juice
    1 can unsalted corn
    1 can red kidney beans (I use both dark and light, 1 can of each)
    1 can unsalted green beans
    1 can garbanzo beans

Combine everything in a large stew pot (or crock pot) and cook to a simmer. I've added pasta to this soup before but found that I didn't like the pasta as much after the first or second day.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love the Butternut Squash with Red Pepper soup & its also zero point
    1 butternut squash

half a red onion

Pint of chicken stock

glove of garlic crushed ( i like to mash garlic to a fine pulp with a little salt. i find it blends with the liquid better)

2 red pepper (or yellow if you prefer)

Cut the butternut squash into quarters, place on a baking tray and roast for ten minutes. This is to make the butternut squash soft enough for it to be peeled easily. Allow to cool down and peel and cut into small chunks. Meanwhile saute the onions and garlic in a little low fat cooking spray until the onions are soft. Chop the peppers and along with the rest of the ingredients boil until the soup is soft enough to blend. Blend the soup in a blender and return to the pan and heat through. Season to taste
  • niki7g
    Options
    Bum- ti- bump .. I like soup .. ideal for in the freezer!
  • ibdawn
    Options
    WW Zero points or "Dump Soup"

1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can mexicorn
    1 can black beans
    1 can veg-all
    1 can Progresso minestrone soup

Dump all together, do not drain cans
  • ibdawn
    Options
    I found another Dump Soup recipe that has a can of white corn, instead of mexicorn
    and a sm. can tomato sauce added.
    Hope this was the recipe you were searching for because it is easy and good.

My notes say that one cup= 1 pt WW not 0
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love soup. The WW soup recipe I have is the Garden Vegetable Soup: Recipe is as follows:

2/3 C. sliced carrots
    1/2 C. diced onion
    2 minced garlic cloves
    3 C. fat free broth (chicken, vegetable, or beef)
    1 1/2 C. diced green cabbage
    1/2 C. green beans
    1 TB. tomato paste
    1/2 tsp. dried basil
    1/4 tsp. dried oregano
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 C.diced zucchini

Directions: Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, heat. Sauté the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in zucchini and heat for 3 or 4 minutes. Serves 4 and is 0 points. You would need to figure out the calories but I doubt it has very many.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I also got this one from a WW leader years ago. It is delicious and my husband loves it! It is 1 point for 2 cups. I checked once and it was accurate. If you add sour cream, cilantro a squeeze of lime and a few crumbled corn tortilla chips it is awesome (remember to add the points or calories.)

Taco Soup

It's a great point value at 2 cups for 1 point. It's easy to make and very
    tasty. I like to serve it with a squeeze of 1/4 lime, a dollop of fat free
    sour cream and sprinkled with cilantro. Enjoy.

1 lg can crushed tomatoes
    1 can fat free turkey chili
    1 can garbanzo beans
    1 can black beans
    4 c. chicken broth
    1 4 oz can green chilies
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 lg onion
    1 c. carrots
    1 c. zucchini
    1 c. yellow squash

Mix all ingredients in large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
    Original Message
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I make a vegetable soup with
    2 boxes of Organic Vegetable broth ( any supermarket),
    lg can whole tomatoes( Squeezed with your hands)
    all frozen-2 cups Broccoli, Spinach and Cauliflower,
    1 cup of green beans, carrots, peas.
    You could add any vegetables you want but I would stay away from corn and potatoes if you want it to be carb friendly.
    Start with 1 med. onion sauteed in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until tender. Add broth, 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp. rosemary. I put a 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper helps speed up metabolism, but you can leave it out if you don't like spicy and all the veggies.
    1 can of pinto beans, also if you want .
    Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer and Cook for at least an hour or two.
    If you want more protein you could add Chicken, but I like the Veggie version.
    It makes a lot of soup
    1 serving (2 cups)
    192 Cal. 28 carbs.
    5 grams Fat
    7 grams protein.
    So eat all you want. Serve with aladins low carb pita or weight watchers whole grain bread.
    Enjoy! Let me know what you think.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard

Lentils are good with all kinds of greens--from sweet spinach and chard to pungent broccoli rabe, turnip greens, and mustard greens. Adding the greens toward the end of cooking keeps their color bright.

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients
    1 3/4 cups dried brown lentils
    2 quarts water
    1 cup diced carrot
    1 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
    Dash of dried thyme
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    2 parsley sprigs
    2 bay leaves
    2 tablespoons butter
    3 cups chopped onion
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    6 cups torn Swiss chard
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    6 tablespoons plain whole yogurt
    Preparation
    Sort and wash the lentils. Combine lentils, water, and next 6 ingredients (water through bay leaves) in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.

Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cumin; sauté 10 minutes or until browned. Stir onion mixture into lentil mixture. Discard bay leaves and parsley. Add chard to soup; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until chard is tender. Remove soup from heat. Stir in juice and pepper. Ladle 1 1/3 cups soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    283 (17% from fat)
    Fat:
    5.2g (sat 2.8g,mono 1.4g,poly 0.5g)
    Protein:
    18.2g
    Carbohydrate:
    43.9g
    Fiber:
    20g
    Cholesterol:
    12mg
    Iron:
    6.2mg
    Sodium:
    810mg
    Calcium:
    95mg
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Tank you all so much think ive got it now lol but im going to slowly try all of your soup they all sound yummy, now just need the boss to get me a microwave so i can have soups for lunch in the winter lol
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Carrot Soup with Crab

Ingredients
    2 1/2 tablespoons butter
    1 medium chopped onion
    1 pound sliced carrots
    1 large bay leaf (or 2 small)
    2 tablespoons white rice
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
    6 ounces shelled cooked Dungeness crab (from a 1 1/2 lb. crab)
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 tablespoon minced chives, plus chopped chives for garnishing

Preparation
    1. In a 5-qt. pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrots, bay leaf, white rice, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until onions are light golden, about 6 minutes. Add 5 cups water and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf.

2. Working in batches, purée soup in a blender until smooth. Return soup to pot, stir in lemon zest, and keep warm. In a small bowl, toss crab with lemon juice and minced chives. Put an equal mound of crab mixture in the center of each of 4 soup bowls; ladle soup around crab. Garnish with chopped chives.
    Yield
    Makes 4 servings
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Crock Pot Potato and Ham Soup
    • 8 large potatoes, cubed
    • 1 Large Hambone with a ****load of meat on it
    • 1 cup chopped onion
    • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
    • 2 chicken bouillon cubes
    • 2 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
    • 6 cup water
    • 2 cup milk
    • 1/2 cup flour, mixed with water
    Preparation:
    Place potatoes, onions, butter, bouillon, parsley, and water in the slow cooker/Crock Pot and cook all day on low to medium. 1/2 hour to one hour before serving; add milk and flour mixture. After the soup thickens, it is ready to serve.
    Note: Add 1/4 pound of Velveeta cheese for Cheese potato soup. 1 can evaporated milk may be substituted for the regular milk.
    Serves 6 to 8.
  • RoadDog
    Options
    French Onion Soup

10 sweet onions (like Vidalia’s) or a combination of sweet and red onions
    3 tablespoons butter
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups white wine
    10 ounces canned beef consume
    10 ounces chicken broth
    4 ounces apple cider (unfiltered is best)
    1 Bottle Cider Beer
    Bouquet garnish; thyme sprigs, bay leaf and parsley
    1 loaf country style bread
    Kosher salt
    Ground black pepper
    Splash of Cognac (optional)
    1 cup Fontina or Gruyere cheese, grated

Trim the ends off each onion then slice from end to end. Remove peel and finely slice into half moon shapes. Set electric skillet to 300 degrees and add butter. Once butter has melted add a layer of onions and sprinkle with a little salt. Repeat layering onions and salt until all onions are in the skillet. Do not try stirring until onions have sweated down for 15 to 20 minutes. After that, stir occasionally until onions are dark mahogany and reduced to approximately 2 cups. This should take 45 minutes to 1 hour. Do not worry about burning.
    Add enough wine to cover the onions and turn heat to high, reducing the wine to a syrup consistency. Add consume, chicken broth, apple cider, beer and bouquet garnish. Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
    Place oven rack in top 1/3 of oven and heat broiler.
    Cut country bread in rounds large enough to fit mouth of oven safe soup crocks. Place the slices on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 1 minute.
    Season soup mixture with salt, pepper and cognac. Ladle soup into crocks leaving one inch to the lip. Place bread round, toasted side down, on top of soup and top with grated cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
  • RoadDog
    Options
    AND MY WIFE'S Fave:

Hot Avocado and Shrimp Soup

1 small onion, diced
    2 stalks celery, chopped fine
    4 cups chicken broth
    1 bay leaf
    4 sprigs parsley
    1 cup sour cream
    1/8 cup chopped chives
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded, roughly chopped
    1/2 cup cooked small shrimp, shelled, de-veined

Place onion, celery, broth, bay leaf, parsley, salt & pepper in a large saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and reserve stock.

Place avocados in blender or food processor; puree avocados while slowly adding stock.

When mixture is smooth, return to saucepan and heat gently; add shrimp. Cook over low heat until heated thoroughly, do not boil.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream atop each serving, and sprinkle with chopped chives.

Garnish with a slice of Fresh Avocado and sprig of cilantro
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I'm here to steal RoadDog's recipes :devil: (and everyone elses too)
  • TRISHA9714
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great soup recipes. I think soup can be a good low calorie food that fills you up.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I'm here to steal RoadDog's recipes :devil: (and everyone elses too)

He's quite the soup nazi, isn't he!!! "No soup for you!!" :devil:
  • RoadDog
    Options
    My wife likes to throw these wine tasting parties for her friends, so I like to prepare individual dishes each time they crack a new bottle. I usually end up preparing about 4 or 5 dishes. I love doing it and it allows me the opportunity to try new stuff out. Here is the last menu.

MENU

Baby Green Salad
    with Sesame Ginger Dressing

Shrimp Egg Rolls

Avocado and Shrimp Soup

Stuffed Mushrooms

Lemon Chicken Salad Appetizer in Tomato Cup

Mango Sorbet
    And Espresso