Is your backfat really migrated breast tissue?

Options

Replies

• _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    somebody pinch me

Can I pinch your back fat?

my bewbs haven't migrated back there yet

Disappointing.

I will work on that for ya
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    ?
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wat
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I find this all completely fascinating. Carry on.
  • _Krys10_
    Options
    I hope my silicone won't migrate to my back as well. That would look wicked.

High five
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this sounds like a myth. If wearing certain kinds of clothing could make your tissue "migrate" then there would be a whole industry devoted to it instead of a whole industry devoted to shapewear. This sounds like something to make people feel better about their back fat ... which is just that, fat. Yes, wearing an improperly fitting bra will certainly make fat stick out more, just like wearing jeans that are too small will give you a muffin top. Notice that the pictures show just that. A woman wearing the right bra is able to make her boobs stick out more and her fat stick out less. I can also make my fat stick out less by wearing spanx. Doesn't make me any skinnier in the long run.

There is. It's called Corsetting..waist training with steel boned corsets.
    Google it :drinker:

Corsetting is just when you wear a corsett. Tightlacing is when you wear it for mody modification. But, yes. You can gain a smaller waist after years of tightlacing. However, as another poster mentioned, that doesn't involve fat "migrating" from one part of the body to another. Corsetting doesn't take your fat and move it to your butt, for example (and wouldn't that be an industry). It simply uses compression to squeeze the smallest part of the waist even smaller.

Clearly a corset is NOT the way to deal with excessive fat, or any fat for that matter. I don't think anyone is assuming that it's possible to make adipose tissue move from one area of the body to another without surgical intervention.

As far as tight lacing goes, meh. As I understand it, tightlacers are folks who, once completing a goal of reaching a certain waist size, they continue onwards (rather downwards) to a smaller corset to 'train' down to an even smaller waist. This is not always the thing people are trying to accomplish with waist training.

Ex: Cathie Jung, Dita Von Teese etc.

http://weheartvintage.co/2012/07/16/how-did-1950s-models-get-such-tiny-waists-the-low-down-on-waist-training/
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I hated when the 38C bra turned into a 38F because that means that my 38DDD breast suddenly turned into 36K! I don't get why people who are normally B cups are suddenly D cups lol. *rant over* I have to shop for bras online :(

Oh and I'm pretty sure my back fat is from weight gain and now that I'm losing weight it's shrinking, unlike my breast.

It's because you weren't properly fitted the first time, if you ever did get fitted for a brassier. This is fairly common especially in larger chested women.

Also, seems like a lot of people on here are missing a post from WindyJenny:
    Knock it all ya want, SOME back fat CAN be breast tissue. I was an enormous cup size for years, and even had to special order my bras through catalogs. To save money, I frequently bought less-expensive but ill-fitting bras. Because they cut into my breasts, some of my tissue really did migrate to my armpit area and slightly behind that. When I qualified for a breast reduction surgery, my doctors confirmed via ultrasound and biopsy that actual breast tissue "spilled over" into my armpit and upper back area, but the insurance considered removal of that tissue cosmetic (and would not be covered). It's a real thing, folks.

Think of it this way: people who wear corsets for years and years can displace their organs and tissues. Why can't ill-fitting bras do something similar over years and years?

It is possible for this to happen. However, as I said before, I don't think it is as common as OP is implying with her original post.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    As a woman, nothing can boost your confidence faster or easier than finally getting and putting on a bra that actually fits. Go get fitted today. You won't be sorry.
  • soleimana
    Options
    To everyone freaking out and saying it doesn't happen: I doubt anyone in their right mind will be using "my boobies are on my back!!" as a legitimate excuse for being fat.

tumblr_lse4jzc4Yx1qij82jo1_500.jpg

EDIT: So yeah go get fitted and wear a bra that fits.
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    im not fat, i just have rilly big boobs. all over.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says that clothes CANNOT migrate tissue, or there would be an industry devoted to it... are you stupid? Have you ever heard of a corset?
    Are you actually aware of what corsets are and how they work? They work by compression. Any effects are short term and your body goes back to normal when the corset comes off. FYI, fat cells are permanently affixed unless the tissue is cut or torn.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/smallest-waist-living-person/
    21in waist UNCORSETED!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsUpwrkO1bqyUaXoDpFsC4PdVx-J0kqM-hN3TElW61s0ayYgLi

http://www.corsettraining.net/tag/tight-lacing
    Or with years of use (kinda like wearing a bra everyday for 80% of your life), you can mold BONES! Yes, with corseting, the body does return to it's normal shape after a year, but I don't think most women are going to go a year without a bra. While I don't think it's common or "normal" as OP was making it out to be, I do believe it happens, like PP with the breast reduction above.

Believe me, I'm well aware of Cathie Jung as well as other tight lacers. I've written papers on the subject as well as a former site on it.

Just because you believe tissue migration to be true doesn't make it so. Tightlacing works by atrophy, not tissue migration. Fat tissue, breast tissue, and other organ tissue is permanently affixed. That's why your body doesn't fall apart.
  • hookilau
    Options
    Anyone who says that clothes CANNOT migrate tissue, or there would be an industry devoted to it... are you stupid? Have you ever heard of a corset?
    Are you actually aware of what corsets are and how they work? They work by compression. Any effects are short term and your body goes back to normal when the corset comes off. FYI, fat cells are permanently affixed unless the tissue is cut or torn.

I used to think that too, but cells *do* die. In other words, I used to think I was doomed to have a load of fat cells that were just waiting to be filled back up if I were to fall off the wagon. Then I read something recently referring to cell death and I thought, hmmmmm.....maybe if I stay on track long enough to 'outlive' my existing fat cells, they'll die as a normal course and I'll be working hard NOT to replace them.

I really hope that's a sound theory, anyway, it's what I'm working with :drinker:
  • jenn8785
    jenn8785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im not fat, i just have rilly big boobs. all over.

This made me giggle...
  • krisgrody
    Options
    truth is most of our boobs are fat anyways and yeah we can also have fat on our backs. I know before I lost my 60lbs my boobs seem to connect to my back fat but they no longer do that since I lost a lot of fat. its not migrated tissue its just fat.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If your bewbies are migrating to your back, where does your back fat migrate to? Muffin top?

If i had cankles, i would totally blame it on my boobs.
  • leduque
    leduque Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Would the corollary to guys be....Does my chest hair migrate to back hair?
  • _Krys10_
    Options
    If your bewbies are migrating to your back, where does your back fat migrate to? Muffin top?

yes, it couldn't possibly be pants that are too tight :laugh:
  • hookilau
    Options
    To everyone freaking out and saying it doesn't happen: I doubt anyone in their right mind will be using "my boobies are on my back!!" as a legitimate excuse for being fat.

tumblr_lse4jzc4Yx1qij82jo1_500.jpg

EDIT: So yeah go get fitted and wear a bra that fits.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That's hilarious!!!

Yeah, I don't think anyone has agreed that backfat is migrated breast tissue :wink:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Cute post :D
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I've just read the associated article and I'm afraid this is just silly. The girl in the video has relatively no fat whatsoever, back or otherwise. The "bend and scoop" method simply takes the top layer of tissue under her arm and forces it forward into her bra, and then her assistant tightens the bra so the tissue will stay put, forcing a little bit of cleavage. That's manually "migrating" tissue into the bra, not the other way around.

Hey! I learned that trick from a drag queen at a LGBTQ campground! It really works! But if you're really flat chested (like me, or a person born a skinny male), it takes more than a bra to keep that migrated back fat up front. I suggest duct tape.