Is your backfat really migrated breast tissue?

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This makes perfect sense, actually. I've always worn well-fitted bras, and my boobs are where they should be, on the front of my body.

N=1=SCIENCE!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Gonna say yes to the fact that most of us have ill-fitting bras...gonna say no to the fact that it's migrated breast tissues causing back rolls.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I've just read the associated article and I'm afraid this is just silly. The girl in the video has relatively no fat whatsoever, back or otherwise. The "bend and scoop" method simply takes the top layer of tissue under her arm and forces it forward into her bra, and then her assistant tightens the bra so the tissue will stay put, forcing a little bit of cleavage. That's manually "migrating" tissue into the bra, not the other way around.

Hey! I learned that trick from a drag queen at a LGBTQ campground! It really works! But if you're really flat chested (like me, or a person born a skinny male), it takes more than a bra to keep that migrated back fat up front. I suggest duct tape.

Yes, swoop & scoop works well specifically if you have shallow breasts (such as the scenario you've described above)...Sets the breast tissue where it's supposed to be. Just as there are many different body types, there are different breast shapes as well.
  • hookilau
    Options
    This makes perfect sense, actually. I've always worn well-fitted bras, and my boobs are where they should be, on the front of my body.

N=1=SCIENCE!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

tumblr_lse4jzc4Yx1qij82jo1_500.jpg

A9SoJlFCYAA0n0E.jpg
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @cdjs77

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • hookilau
    Options

A9SoJlFCYAA0n0E.jpg

:noway: holy crap, that is disturbing :laugh:
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    it amazes me that people think that wearing a different bra size changes the actual size of your breasts. :huh: getting properly fitted usually means that the cup of the bra should be bigger and extend farther back into your armpit area, and the band should be shortened/tightened and lowered. people think all the sizes are totally different. they aren't. a 34A is the same number of inches around as a 32B or a 30C. the ratio of cup to band is just different. i can physically wear any of these sizes, but a 30C holds all of my breast tissue correctly with the cups positioned in the right place and the band in the right place. tightening the band and pulling it down lower on your back also makes a huge difference. when you pull down on the back, it makes the front lift up!

if you go down a band size, you will go up a cup size and vice versa. same number of inches around, just different proportion.

seriously, as others have said, go get fitted by a place that actually does good work. you will notice a huge difference in how you look. and it's not bringing your back fat to the front. it's wearing a properly fitting garment.
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options
    2991.jpg
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    2991.jpg

Hey! You can't post pictures of boobs on a public forum!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My research was on cellular adhesion and yes, cells do migrate!

Cell-migration.gif

but mostly smooth muscle cells ...
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I have no words... Wait, yes I do.

NO.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says that clothes CANNOT migrate tissue, or there would be an industry devoted to it... are you stupid? Have you ever heard of a corset?
    Are you actually aware of what corsets are and how they work? They work by compression. Any effects are short term and your body goes back to normal when the corset comes off. FYI, fat cells are permanently affixed unless the tissue is cut or torn.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/smallest-waist-living-person/
    21in waist UNCORSETED!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsUpwrkO1bqyUaXoDpFsC4PdVx-J0kqM-hN3TElW61s0ayYgLi

http://www.corsettraining.net/tag/tight-lacing
    Or with years of use (kinda like wearing a bra everyday for 80% of your life), you can mold BONES! Yes, with corseting, the body does return to it's normal shape after a year, but I don't think most women are going to go a year without a bra. While I don't think it's common or "normal" as OP was making it out to be, I do believe it happens, like PP with the breast reduction above.

Hahaha. This is great. 21 years to "mold bones".

What is this, ancient Chinese foot binding? At your age, go ahead and give it a shot. Let us all know how that works out for ya.
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options
    yes it migrates. proof

tumblr_lmxzkmiMYD1ql03t9o1_250.gif
  • hookilau
    Options
    2991.jpg

Ooooh. That's not nice :blushing:
    ETA: Poor ladies. I always imagine I'll show up on the internet one day wearing the black bar of shame across my eyes :embarassed:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

A9SoJlFCYAA0n0E.jpg

ohhhhhh mah gawd.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    h61A32BC5

Insta Internet love.:heart:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    truth is most of our boobs are fat anyways and yeah we can also have fat on our backs. I know before I lost my 60lbs my boobs seem to connect to my back fat but they no longer do that since I lost a lot of fat. its not migrated tissue its just fat.

Unless you have naturally large breasts at a low weight, then it is mostly breast tissue not fat.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    monty-python-meme-generator-are-you-suggesting-coconuts-migrate-f5f98ajpg1328726008.jpg

Well I managed to lose my backfat, but my boobs didn't get any bigger, so I guess it wasn't breast tissue returning home. :tongue:
  • hyzlet
    hyzlet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's amazing that people will just ignore something and laugh at it when it doesn't fit in their worldview. For women who have large breasts and have been wearing the wrong size for a long time, yes, some of your "back fat" might be migrated breast tissue. Some of it will be back fat.

The jiggly parts under your arms, where your bra wire is cutting in and not covering ALL your breast tissue? That's what they're talking about. After getting properly fitted, that goes away. Because your breasts aren't being shoved in the wrong direction.

If the center isn't flat against your chest, you're wearing the wrong size.

If the band rides up, you're wearing the wrong size.

Give it a try.

eta: From personal experience, I can attest that I was wearing a 38DD and always knew it was way off, but didn't know where to get the right size. Properly measured myself at home, fitted into a 32GG. So much difference in my silhouette, in my posture, in how my body looks and how clothes fit in general. I had an intermediate step of 34F as well, but after my tissue migrated and my body got used to the right size, I needed a smaller band after all!

Just make sure that when you measure, they don't do the Victoria's Secret over-the-chest method. :)