Vegetarian Meals Part 2 (Photo Heavy)

Replies

• andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264

green lasanga
    greenlasagna1_sm.jpg

butternut squash and smoked gouda macaroni
    butternutmac2_sm.jpg

AMazing meals and photos! I would like te recipe for these and if possible the nutritional info? pleasee

thanks!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    andre - the green lasagna recipe is on my blog (goudamonster.com) and the butternut squash mac and cheese is... well, i don't really have a recipe for it right now. i made it months ago and don't remember exactly how i did it. i can tell you that i cooked and pureed butternut squash, then blended it with a bunch of fresh sage, salt and pepper and combined it with a smoked gouda cheese sauce that i whipped up on the stove. smoked cheese takes it above and beyond i think :)

i've been craving mediterranean food so tonight i decided to try and make baked falafel. they are made with chickpeas, fava beans, cilantro, parsley, lemon, cumin, pepper, wheat flour, and some other things i can't recall off the top of my head. i cut small cubes of feta cheese that i stuffed into each one, then pressed the balls into a preheated baking mold. i also made some makeshift tabouleh with quinoa, lemon, olive oil, mint, parsley, and tomato. the falafel balls are 75 calories each and crazy addicting. i meant to only have two but ended up eating twice that :p

bakedfalafel_sm.jpg
  • pocketmole
    A couple more pics! One is healthy and the other is umm... well, it's delicious :)

A reduced calorie lasagna (324 cals for 1/4 of the pan) at the request of my boyfriend. I alternated thinly sliced grilled squash with lasagna noodles so I needed less pasta. Made a vegetarian "meat" sauce for it. Turned out awesome.

pattypanlasagna_sm.jpg

My best friend's 30th birthday was yesterday and when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he made a somewhat sarcastic response of "a chocolate cake covered in ganache with a creme brulee embedded in the middle". I decided to run with the idea and came up with these bad boys. It's a chocolate cupcake filled with dark chocolate ganache topped with a vanilla custard and salted caramel frosting, then garnished with caramelized sugar shards and spun sugar spirals. I haven't input the recipe into MFP yet but I estimate them to be around 45,268 calories a piece.

bruleecupcakes_sm.jpg
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Steph_in_Mississippi Posts: 70 Member
    bump for inspiration. Beautiful pictures!
  • pocketmole
    Unfortunately the place where I normally take my food pics was taken over by my boyfriend, so I've had to shoot several photos outside. Here are my last two dinners:

Baked portobello mushrooms stuffed with leftover vegetarian chicken enchilada filling on a farro salad:

stuffedmushroom_sm.jpg

Tofu and vegetable stir fry in a spicy peanut sauce:

peanuttofu_sm.jpg
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    I love stir-fry, and that tofu and veggie one looks sooooooo good!
  • pocketmole
    It was great and easy to make :D

Orange cherry polenta breakfast cake for a Sunday morning:

polentacake_sm.jpg

Bean and chipotle cheddar enchiladas with avocado (terrible pic - boo)

chipotleenchiladas_sm.jpg
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Will you marry me?
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Love how yummy these looks...been looking for recipes to reduce the meat consumption in my home!
  • pocketmole
    Will you marry me?

As long as you propose with a ring made of cheese. 8)

I made a salad that's a little different. It's a celery salad - super fresh and crunchy and satisfying to eat. It was easy to make as well. I ate it on the side of some veggie chicken fingers and a handful of cherry tomatoes. There is a honey mustard sauce for dipping, but that was for my boyfriend.

The salad is several stalks of celery, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice, about a tablespoon of lemon zest, a couple of tablespoons of chives, a quarter cup of chopped parsley, 1 cup of garlic parmesan roasted chickpeas, a handful of toasted walnuts (about 1/4 cup), and about an ounce of crumbled good parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Divided it between three of us.

celerysalad_sm.jpg
  • EarthyEm
    EarthyEm Posts: 18 Member
    these look fabulous!
  • Wow your recipes are so inspiring! I've been veggie for 17 years and always fell into the trap of eating cheese topped carbs! Now I'm 30 and starting out on my MFP journey (after a failed first attempt a while back) I'm so happy I discovered your thread and blog. Thank you so much, though it has made me rather hungry! Lol :-)
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    bump
  • pocketmole
    Thanks, all :]

I'm pretty excited because for my birthday my friend bought me a nice table and a storage unit for keeping my food photography stuff organized. Previously my setup was kind of a huge mess as I was just taking over the dining room table with all of my junk. Now I have a nice little station that's easier to shoot at and keeps my excess props in one place.

New area (and my cat Smudge):

photosetup_sm.jpg

I also went to the home improvement store and bought the materials to make another fake table top prop. I bought a plain board and then stained, painted, and beat it to make it look weathered. My first test shot with it as a background. Really pleased with the result.

tabletest5_sm.jpg

And onto more food... this was just a snapshot near the window, nothing special, but I bought my boyfriend "big franks" for our anniversary (he's obsessed) and decided to make jalapeno cheese stuffed pigs in a blanket with them. Made a whole wheat flaky dough to wrap around it. They were pretty huge and not exactly low calorie ;P

pigblanket_sm.jpg

Then on my birthday I wanted to try out my new table so I had to cook something. I ended up making mini pumpkin spice cakes with a cream cheese rum glaze. Even though I made them with whole wheat flour they were super soft and moist. About 90-95 calories each.

pumpkincake1_sm.jpg

pumpkincake2_sm.jpg
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    bumping for inspiration!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Umm can you just like move in with me? I mean seriously, every single thing there looks TO DIE FOR!:love:

I was seriously gonna ask her the same exact THING!!!! My kids would definitely eat healthy then! The presentation of each one is sooooooooo awesome!!!! I'm hungry now! lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I would eat everything here except the quorn. It all looks so scrumptuous. Bring on those banana rum pancakes! :drinker:
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    bump vegetarian meals - yummy!!!
  • dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    You need to write down your recipes, publish it, then tell me where i can buy that book.

I am not even joking.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    This all looks fantastic! I would love any recipes you would like to add to the thread, but I understand what you mean about taking the time to do it. Thanks for sharing the ideas!