Friends With Benefits, your experiences or thoughts

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

Why is it strange? This thing does not happen in a vacuum. It is not without consequences.
    Your question was strange because its just two people having a relationship with no hassles... Polluting the world with too many children has many consequences for the over populated planet. Two people having night and days out and fun in the bedroom harms noone, as long as both parties know its not permanent and a no hassles relationship... Perhaps you would like all single people to live like nuns until married? Or do you mean single people should have one night stands?

Your decision to do this thing is just that....your decision. You have the freedom to choose what you will do, but....you cannot choose the consequences of what you do, consequences are built in. When you choose to do something....consider the consequences!!!
    (Pictured above, my five children)

What consequences??? Give us all the details not glib statements... DO you live in the real world? Or a fantasy? There are no consequences, if both understand its a fun relationship, with no hassles, totally honest, you can talk about all sorts of things and enjoy time together, its not just sex as I fear close-minded people think..

Perhaps, as I said, singles should they be Celibate? One night stands? or a regular partner that you can have great times with (out of the bedroom too) but with no stress and hassles. Until you find your 'love' or long-term partner...
    Yeah, consequences. Like, sexually transmitted diseases. Let's just start with that one. "Do you live in the real world."
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

Why is it strange? This thing does not happen in a vacuum. It is not without consequences.
    Your question was strange because its just two people having a relationship with no hassles... Polluting the world with too many children has many consequences for the over populated planet. Two people having night and days out and fun in the bedroom harms noone, as long as both parties know its not permanent and a no hassles relationship... Perhaps you would like all single people to live like nuns until married? Or do you mean single people should have one night stands?

Your decision to do this thing is just that....your decision. You have the freedom to choose what you will do, but....you cannot choose the consequences of what you do, consequences are built in. When you choose to do something....consider the consequences!!!

What consequences??? Give us all the details not glib statements... DO you live in the real world? Or a fantasy? There are no consequences, if both understand its a fun relationship, with no hassles, totally honest, you can talk about all sorts of things and enjoy time together, its not just sex as I fear close-minded people think..

Perhaps, as I said, singles should they be Celibate? One night stands? or a regular partner that you can have great times with (out of the bedroom too) but with no stress and hassles. Until you find your 'love' or long-term partner...
    Yeah, consequences. Like, sexually transmitted diseases. Let's just start with that one. "Do you live in the real world."

having a fwb does not make a *kitten* nor cause stds....having unprotected sex causes stds and there are plenty of married people walking around out there with stds because they don't practice safe sex.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have two currently.

One is married and loves his wife, she just doesn't enjoy sex, so I help him out in that area. I get what I want, he gets what he wants and no messy emotions involved. We have been FWB for a little over 4 years.

The other is quite a bit younger than me (I'm 43 he's 23) so a FWB works best for us, I think it would be too hard trying to be in a relationship with someone that much younger than me, but we have fun and hang out when we both have free time.

As long as all parties involved know that it is all for fun, no emotional baggage allowed, it works out great.
  • MinMin97
    Options

having a fwb does not make a *kitten* nor cause stds....having unprotected sex causes stds and there are plenty of married people walking around out there with stds because they don't practice safe sex.
    Are you able to follow all the procedures so that you meet all the requirements for "safe sex"?
    http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/can-one-get-sti-safer-sex-sex-worker
    Are your partners, and all their partners, and their partner's partners also following these requirements? There's no "safe sex" certification. This "safe sex" is a lie. When you have sex with someone who has had sex before, they have unknown exposure.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Just so you know... The guys in FWB relationships get feelings too. And expect you to make them sandwiches! Or try to stick around to talk!

I hate it when that happens.

Guy: want to cuddle?
    Me: No. I am going to take a shower. Please be gone by the time I am out.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Are you able to follow all the procedures so that you meet all the requirements for "safe sex"?
    Are your partners, and all their partners, and their partner's partners also following these requirements? There's no "safe sex" certification. This "safe sex" is a lie. When you have sex with someone who has had sex before, they have unknown exposure.
    [/quote]

having a fwb does NOT make one a prostitute nor mean having multiple partners......stds are not a consequence of fwb, stds are a consequence of sex....period! and this consequence can occur even among married people.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, b!tches be crazy!

I married mine :P

This. I'm about to marry mine.
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Just so you know... The guys in FWB relationships get feelings too. And expect you to make them sandwiches! Or try to stick around to talk!

Yeah, AND I don't cuddle!

In for the sandwiches, low carb please........

furburger perfered

Mine wanted me to make him a sandwich.... So strange.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had one the minute I was single over a year ago! Well not exactly a minute.. but a week after I left my ex. Lol I started hooking up with a co worker. We were really good friends already. And honestly, it NEVER got weird. Yay me.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    It was hard to find a man who wanted this or accepted this from a woman's perspective even thought that was exactly what they wanted as well. I think it destroys a man's ego when woman are doing the deed and leaving and not falling in love or obsessed with them. Just my experience.
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am now accepting applications :happy:
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options

So I guess you were a virgin when you met your husband? And since produced more children than necessary, as the world is over populated... Little Miss Perfect? I've always practiced safe sex, apart from when I was in my first sexual relationship (met age 17) and lasted for 19 years, then met my other ex' (5 yrs relationship) we have child. Always safe otherwise, but why is that so concerning YOU? Your husband playing around? You can have unsafe sex, but again, its up to the individual to check themselves, or ask the other. Hence why FWB and not one nighters... MANY FWB last longer than many marriages...
  • IamDIVAlicious
    Options
    I love, love, love it! If I could find someone local (within an half hour), I would be in seventh Heaven!! Alas, all I find are people who want something more trying to handcuff me (and not in the pleasurable way)...

Ugh
  • MORECHABLIS
    Options
    I love, love, love it! If I could find someone local (within an half hour), I would be in seventh Heaven!! Alas, all I find are people who want something more trying to handcuff me (and not in the pleasurable way)...

Ugh

I wish I was in 30 mins, never had a black girlfriend or FWB. ;-) To stop getting handcuffed in an unpleasurable way, stop breaking the windows of the diamond jewelry store everynight... :) Get someone to buy them for you.... :-)
  • MinMin97
    Options

So I guess you were a virgin when you met your husband? And since produced more children than necessary, as the world is over populated... Little Miss Perfect? I've always practiced safe sex, apart from when I was in my first sexual relationship (met age 17) and lasted for 19 years, then met my other ex' (5 yrs relationship) we have child. Always safe otherwise, but why is that so concerning YOU? Your husband playing around? You can have unsafe sex, but again, its up to the individual to check themselves, or ask the other. Hence why FWB and not one nighters... MANY FWB last longer than many marriages...
    Yes, and I will be guiding my children that way, too. And we don't have to worry about STD's because we are with only each other.
    No consequences? Always safe? Check yourself, or ask the other?
  • MinMin97
    Options
    ......stds are not a consequence of fwb, stds are a consequence of sex....period! and this consequence can occur even among married people.
    Why do they have an STD?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I married mine. Worked great for me :drinker:
  • MORECHABLIS
    Options
    ......stds are not a consequence of fwb, stds are a consequence of sex....period! and this consequence can occur even among married people.
    Why do they have an STD?

You have some real hang-ups, hope you've stopped having sex, we don't want any more people on the planet... So yes, you can STD at anytime, first time anytime... SO I SUGGEST you stop having sex... and let the rest of us get on with it... :-)
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Unless she has a good dental plan, I steer clear
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've been in situations where we were clear we weren't in a relationship, but there was still jealousy, no ability to see others and the obligation to the other to hang out once a week. Everyone always said these were relationships. After all was said and done, when I talk about them, I call them pseudo relationships but not relationships because we were in fact NOT boyfriend/girlfriend officially.

Everything always gets messy. Steer clear.

I am very happy in my real RELATIONSHIP now :love:
This discussion has been closed.