What Do You Usually Order At The Coffee Shoppe ?

Options
Also, are there anything healthy ?

Like ordering soy milk in your drink instead of the 2% or whole milk they usually use.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I rarely set foot in a Starbucks but if I do it is on my commute to my night shift work and in the summer, I will order the Skinny Mocha , tall, the one blended with ice :
    110 calories in 1 serving of Starbucks Skinny Mocha (Tall).
    Calorie breakdown: 8% fat, 51% carbs, 41% protein.
    I can live with that as an occasional treat when I need coffee to get me going. It is much better than the 20 oz pepsi's I used to drink in my stupid, younger days. :bigsmile:

I am more of a tea drinker and luckily my work provides free green tea, black tea, and Earl Grey, so I seldom need a coffee shop.
    At home I stick to teas, herbals and blacks, and when I have coffee at home it is with a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • Mavtech28
    Options
    At Starbucks, my drink of choice is a Grande Pike Place. Splash of H&H and a 5 Sugar in the Raws. Only 145 calories to go along with my morning banana.
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    At Starbucks, my drink of choice is a Grande Pike Place. Splash of H&H and 5 Sugar in the Raws. Only 150 calories.

5 Sugar in the Raws comes to less than 150 calories? I'm seriously impressed.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Americano. Black.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    At Starbucks I usually order a trenta iced coffee with sugar free vanilla and a splash of soy milk. :smile:
  • Kyler_Daniels
    Options
    Iced coffee black. The biggist size they have for some reason I don't like my coffee hot. Even in winter at home I make it iced weird right
  • Mavtech28
    Options
    5 Sugar in the Raws comes to less than 150 calories? I'm seriously impressed.

Yeah. 20 calories per packet plus 45ish for the splash of H&H. I don't pour ounces of H&H like a lot of people do. Just a little bit.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Black.
  • nagatron
    nagatron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    water
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I never order anything at a coffee shop because I don't like coffee. But coffee is not unhealthy. In fact, there are numerous studies showing health benefits from coffee. Milk is more controversial, but there are a lot of healthy people who drink milk. Soy is just as controversial. Just don't order anything that will put you over your goals or use so many calories that you can't eat enough to get proper nutirtion.

In other words, just order what you like but be sensible. An 800 calories latte (or whatever) probably isn't the best bet on a daily basis.
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Black. Hot. Large
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I usually drink Americanos (shot or two of espresso in hot water) with a bit of whatever sugar-free flavoured syrup they have- vanilla or hazelnut or whatever. Zero calories and they feel like a treat.

When I go to the Second Cup (Canadian chain) in my office tower, sometimes I get a latte because they have unsweetened almond milk and I can have a small one for about 40 calories.

Once a week or so, I go to Starbucks and get a tall skinny java chip frappucino. Tastes like dessert, about 150 calories, and makes me happy.

I try to stay away from the pastry case, though- it's usually bad news. I do get a Rice Krispie square once in a while though because they're surprisingly low-cal and low-fat and they're also a huge weakness of mine.
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do sweetened iced coffee at Starbucks, usually a grande. At Dunkin Donuts I do mocha iced coffee with skim milk.
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    Double Chocolate Chip Frappucino. Seriously delicious and fun to suck the little chocolate chips up through the straw. Love drinks that have ingredients you can chew lol. A tall DCCF contains 300 calories so I use my discretion as to when I buy one but typically I'll pick it up on a Saturday which is when I can eat just about whatever.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    macchiato at a proper coffee shop. probably water at somewhere like starbucks as they seem to want to put syrup in everything?!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever go to a coffee house, if I do, I order cafe' americo with 2 shots of vanilla.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I get a medium coffee with one milk at Tim Horton's. It's 20 calories.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When I go to Starbucks, I have either a grande skinny iced hazelnut macchiato or a grande skinny iced caramel macchiato.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Grande skinny hazelnut latte. 120 calories and 12 g of protein.
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    At Starbucks, my drink of choice is a Grande Pike Place. Splash of H&H and a 5 Sugar in the Raws. Only 145 calories to go along with my morning banana.

For 145kcals I can get a huge Americano and a biscotti, with 45kcals in change :-)

Then again, I do hate adulterating a good cup of coffee. Tea too! Reading posts like these makes me realise that I have it quite easy as I don't have any sneaky calories maliciously hiding in anything I drink!