Too Hot to Ignore

Options
13»

Replies

• mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So I click this, and thought I was going to see some hot chic, and I did.. So that's great. Then I read the actual post and quit looking at the picture and said, "oh, ok"...lol
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I was so mad that this family left their dog in the car when they went inside for froyo... the SUV lights were still on, so it made me think they left the A/C on... but come on. If it's hot enough for you to need a cold treat then it's even HOTTER for a dog covered in fur.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    When I was a mechanic we worked off a gas station or extremely close to one and I've had to break into a couple cars where ppl forgot their keys and children/animals in a car. It's strange how common it is, they realized it immediately but just unusual. I was there within 1-2 minutes typically from it happening so no need to break a window. I'd do it for free of course and they wouldn't have to replace a window or anything.

As I have a 4 yr old that I don't get everyday (divorced) when I do have him I can't foresee me doing it but unfortunately it happens. I don't pass judgement to those but people who just completely forgot their children or just left them in a car so they could run in/out are ....well it's already been said.

There was a story last year I believe of a little girl 3-4 years old I believe went on a trip somewhere with the daycare and they left her on the bus. She ended up dying if I remember correctly terribly tragic all around. The daycare said that they did a count and it came out correct so they must had counted a kid twice or something I can't remember all the details but I'm sure we've all heard stories like that before.

I'm with everyone else I wouldn't hesitate to rip a car apart bolt by bolt to get to a child that's in a locked car I don't care how hot/cold it is outside. Cops would be called and I'd do whatever it took.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    DO NOT leave your animals in the car either! Especially dogs... there is no excuse for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!!!! Because if they do I will have to bust open a window for that poor animal!
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't know about a kid, but she has a good point. I have seen so many dogs left in the car with the windows cracked it is just stupid. DON'T DO IT. Every year we have at least 2 dogs come in with a heat stroke because their dumb *kitten* owner left them in the car or outside or took them on a long walk in the afternoon.

THINK AND DON"T DO IT
  • MrsCarpenter719
    MrsCarpenter719 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel yah if...my daughter doesnt let me go to the bathroom alone and everytime i get out of the car she yells (Not screams just talks loudly to me) MOM I WANT OUT!! MOMMMMMMM lol. so seriously i cant forget her. even when shes not with me i STILL check the back seat
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    BTW Every single parent this has ever happened to didn't think it could possibly happen to their child. Everyone of them would have said they would never forget their child.

I doubt that. I was pretty much on your side until this post. Even the part about putting something "important" in the back seat with your kid, I knew what you meant. But honestly, it takes a special kind of stupid to forget a child or an animal on a blistering hot day. Either that or drugs or just plain not giving a *kitten*.

I've lost 2 pairs of Ray Bans. I've lost my car keys. I cannot tell you how many times I've misplaced my wedding rings (funny how diamonds make you suddenly remember though). But never once did I ever forget the little human life for which I am in charge. Nuh uh. I'll definitely judge here.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Maybe my children are "odd" but they would never let me forget they're in the car with me. There isn't a minute during the car ride that one of them isn't making some sort of noise. If it's a quiet car, I know it's just me. Beside that, how could you forget that you put them in said car? Really?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who lives in the next town from me and 3 weeks ago, her dog passed away. She was only 2 yrs old and I knew she hadn't been sick, so when I called to give my condolences, I asked what had happened. She tearfully explained that one of her daughters left a door open in her car and the dog climbed in because the seat was warm. The door somehow got closed and with no windows down, poor Lady Jane died a slow and painful death. My friend is BEYOND devastated about it and has been trying very hard to get her girls over the guilt of what happened. It was a simple mistake made by a child but it's now changed their entire family.

It's really sad and I have to agree that this message needs to get out there.....:cry:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    How the fuk would some one forget their kid? I mean, REALLY? SMH.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'll take "Least like the thread I was expecting for $500 Alex".
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everybody seems to be so quick to judge these parents who could "forget" their kids, and my guess is that you can't imagine happening it to you.....until it does.

my exact thoughts

This is how I feel as well. It's not ok at all and there's no excuse but this happens ALOT where I live. I can't imagine ALL these parents were just self involved Aholes. I think it's probable that at least some of them made a bad judgement call on their own exhaustion level. I remember when the twins were very young, around two or so, dropping them off at day care and checking the back seat several times on my way to work because I wanted to make sure I didn't dream dropping them off. That was a miserable day for me and I quit my job because of it BUT I couldn't tell you what my mind set would have been if I had to continue that pace. It doesn't mean I completely understand how a parent could ever forget their child, it just means I'm slow to judge how "stupid" you have to be to do so.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Frankly, I don't think any of these idiots forget their kids. I think it's just a lame excuse. They were probably too lazy to bring them into the store. Kids get cranky. Kids can slow you down. Kids cry. Some people don't want to deal with that stuff. Perhaps once in a while, some nimrod truly forgot but I doubt that's often the case.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Because we're less likely to forget our purse or cellphones in our car than our children?

Lmao.. That was a good one.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'll start putting my beer back there too!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Just a public service reminder. It is hot outside.

Do not leave your kids in the car for even a second to run into the store, a friends house, work or school to pick up one thing. It doesn't take long to lose the most precious thing you have and nothing is so important that it cannot wait or be done with the little one in tow.

Put something, like your purse or your cellphone on the back seat so that you will always have to check the backseat before you leave the car.

Rolling down a window is not enough and leaving the car running is just stupid dangerous.

I saw this video this morning and I cried and struggled to even finish it. Every moment I just wanted to look away but we can't keep looking away. If you see a child or a pet left in the car don't just turn away, do something! It is your business and you may just save a life.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200264008786080

We're more likely to remember a purse or phone rather than our own children?

tumblr_mcy63tjHsW1qdqix8o1_500.jpg
  • Jen9239
    Jen9239 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In Southeast Texas the heat index reaches 110 and I see something like this on the news every summer. SO SAD & no matter what any of us think of the parents that do this it can't be worse than the hell they must be going thru. My heart goes out to them :(