Critic my food diary?

Options
HI all,

I might be on the verge of being one of "those" people! I have been steady loosing weight since I began my journey in April - sometimes just a smidge a week, but a loss every week. Then last week, no loss and this week a gain, a pound or more!

I know it's not a plateau, but I also want to figure it out!

I walk 2 miles a night 4-6 nights a week. This last week, I have started doing the 30Day shred, not walking on those nights...

In my walks now, I am incorporating some VERY slow jogging intervals.

So if anyone is bored, do you want to check out my food diary and see if you experts see anything happening that I don't realize?

Thanks much!!

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Looked back over the last several days. Couple things I notice.
    1. No fruits or veggies.
    2. LOTS of processed/pre-prepared foods.
    3. Inaccurate tracking of sodium. Couple examples: Subway sandwich with 1 gram of sodium. There isn't a subway sandwich with less than 800 mg. Rotisseries chicken with no sodium. The average is 500 mg for a wing.

Some people can get away with eating this way and lose. I know I can't and you may be one of "us." I have to have 3-4 servings of veggies/day with a couple fruits as well. These really help fill you up. There is something in processed foods, even if I track it all accurately. I will gain weight if I eat that stuff more than once a week. Sodium is evil. Again, at least for me. Maybe because sodium is most often in processed foods. But, even if I get it from more "natural" sources such as cheese, bread, salad dressing, etc., I will really struggle to lose- and may gain. I didn't check your water intake. For some people, this makes a difference, for others it isn't such a big deal. For me, I need 8-10 8 ounce glasses a day.

Hope these suggestions help!
  • lncoleman
    lncoleman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks kacarter1017!

Wow - when you said no veggies or fruits, I was shocked; I usually eat a big salad for lunch and a veggie side for dinner...I thought you were looking at the wrong diary! NOPE! I was getting sick of salads, guess I didn't realize how much I cut them out over the last week!

Our dinners have been crazy since the kids started their activities, and looked to see the veggies were missing there too!

Thanks, because I didn't realize how much I cut those things out in the last week. Wish I read your response before I ate lunch, because I skipped the salad again!

OK going to shop this weekend and load up on veggies. I don't eat much fruit, but will try to up that too!

thanks much!!
  • VegeLover
    VegeLover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Replace your processed carbs like granola bars and pretzels with actual whole grains like old fashioned oats and pasta for fewer calories and longer satisfaction. Or save your easily-digested carbs for just post workout (congratulations on your stepped-up workouts!) which will feed your growing muscles and give you deserved rewards for your good work.