What food(s) is the key to your success?

Options

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, peanut butter and protein bars, grilled chicken and lean cusine pizza
  • lesilencieux
    Options
    I'm maintaining my weight, not losing (or at least not trying to) and my go to foods are:
    Breakfast: poached eggs, spinach and tomato with a bit of olive oil, OR cottage cheese with peaches or pineapple
    Snack: always fruits and vegetables, with ranch dressing or hummus
    Lunch: tuna sandwich on wheat bread, or homemade vegetable soup
    Dinner: grilled chicken breast or steak with roasted red potatoes or a baked potato OR seared salmon with lemon and brown rice
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is a big one for me. Great by itself. I also like it on a baked potato. I used to smoother a baked potato with butter and sour cream, but now just have one topped with cottage cheese. Yummy and healthy.

Yumm that sounds good! You might like my protein ranch dressing then since it is made with cottage cheese. I like to put some cottage cheese on egg whites too.
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Big huge salads with tons of chopped up veggies. I am hungriest at lunch, and I can eat a big bowl of salad that fills me up.

What Salad dressing do you use though? How many calories?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    eggs, lettuce, and caffeine.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This summer it has been all the fresh fruits and veggies from my parents garden and the local Amish/Mennonite communities. Just today I had 2 fresh peaches from the Amish and some black grapes. Yesterday's lunch was hummus with fresh sliced cucumbers and grape tomatoes from my parents garden along with a fresh peach, black grapes, and some spring rolls. In my fridge I currently have: blueberries, cherries, black grapes, zucchini, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, cantaloupe, new potatoes, onions, apples, clementines, watermelon, and bananas...all fresh, prepped, and ready to eat!

Other things:
    Kraft Polly O String cheese for a quick snack 80 calories
    Lean Cuisine Supreme pizza pockets for quick on the go meals 220 calories
    Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and .5 tbsp crunchy peanut butter 79 calories
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    I used to eat skinny cow ice cream a lot but I heard that it has chemical that makes you crave sweet even more since it is not the real thing.

Oh really? It usually satisfies my sweet cravings, but I'm more of a salt person than sweet. I tend to crave salty foods or a salty + sweet mixture rather than just sweets. I was never really in to Candy, etc.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    crispy-bacon.jpg

Yep, my best tool has been bacon, I seem to have better losses when I eat it at breakfast which considering it's sodium and fat ridden you'd think different. I'm just glad it's a good tool for me.

Other magic foods for me has been steak, peas, potatoes, egg whites and mozza cheese. Been doing good with making combos out of these.
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Fat free fries.

I eat loads......
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat snack pack pudding to fight my sweet tooth. I eat more fruit than I used to and lots anf lots of fresh veggies from the garden.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Fruit, vegetables, lentils, beans...other natural healthy foods.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Turkey kielbasa (I'd eat the normal stuff but it tastes the same and I have trouble fitting protein in), giant slim jims, ice cream, eggs, cheeeeeeese, quest bars.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Beans, greens, and fruit keep me full.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    String cheese 50 cals 0 carbs

Winky's sugar free jello cups 25 cals 1 carb

GNC Lean Bars blueberry yogurt at 160 cals 15 gr protein and 22 gr carbs with 10 gr fiber!!!
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Newbie..

but thought I'd post a smoothie that I love to have as a mid morning or mid afternoon snack while I'm at work (lucky that I have access to crushed ice and a blender at work!)

1 c unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 banana, frozen
    3/4 c frozen pineapple
    1c crushed ice

that's it. blend it up and it's a nice, mildly sweet smoothi/milkshake. It makes about 20oz and is only about 150 cal... it's nice and thick and cold so it takes me a while to drink it...
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    These beef jerky pieces that are soft and moist, beef sirloin with apples and cherries, and beef sirloin with cranberries and blueberries. They're 60 calories for 8 grams of protein, made by "Simply Snackin'"--you can get them online if your local grocery doesn't carry them. A tablespoon of sunflower butter if I get hungry before bed, and whey protein powder.
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love grated carrots (I buy already grated) and a coleslaw mix like broccoli slaw, put on a tortilla.. your choice with jalapeno hummus. So very good!! You could add grated cucumber, cut up tomatoes, mushrooms, etc. if you wanted.

I love raw snap peas. And fresh from the garden tomatoes.

And pistachios, unsalted and shelled. I have to work for them.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A weekly personal pizza, at least one brownie, some ice cream when I wanted it, REAL peanut butter by the spoonfuls, cereal by the handfuls, sugar free chocolate pudding cups, and lately raisins. Yeah, those are the keys...eating those in correct portions helped me not binge...except the cereal.
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Chacolate Star Fish and Hot Dog Flavored water

...am I the first to recognize this album name? Weird...:laugh:
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pickles, I've learned to love pickles almost no calories and kills my craving for something salty.