What food(s) is the key to your success?

Options

Replies

• Lisamay380
    Lisamay380 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Newbie..

but thought I'd post a smoothie that I love to have as a mid morning or mid afternoon snack while I'm at work (lucky that I have access to crushed ice and a blender at work!)

1 c unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 banana, frozen
    3/4 c frozen pineapple
    1c crushed ice

that's it. blend it up and it's a nice, mildly sweet smoothi/milkshake. It makes about 20oz and is only about 150 cal... it's nice and thick and cold so it takes me a while to drink it...
    [/quote

LonelyPilgrim, that sounds great!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Lisamay380
    Lisamay380 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I buy a big bag of almonds from COSTCO and toast them to keep on hand for snacks. I'll eat 14 toasted almonds (85 cal, and healthy fat), sometimes with a banana. MMMMMMM!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder...like eating chocolate pudding!! Yum!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    1. Meat

2. Ice Cream

3. Coffee

You think I am joking, but view my diary.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    ground buffalo and sweet potatoes
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    In general: meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, dairy, and grains. Oh, and chocolate.

Basically, I eat what I want, as long as it helps me meet my calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient goals.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    jerky,---->>>deer, goat, beef, alligator, just get it and keep it in your car, desk, tee pee, it lasts forever.
  • SkinnyMel89
    SkinnyMel89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg in the morning, salmon for dinner, and bananas, peaches, and apples for snacks.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    bananas, peanut butter, and whey protein, often at the same time
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    The ones that fit within my calorie goal.
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know that recipe but I've been buying Bolthouse Olive Oil Balsamic salad dressing. It is only 30 calories for 2T. I can really stretch it on my salads but with a low calorie count, I don't have to if I don't want too. At Target on the market side, the yogurt dressings and this one are refrigerated and near the salads. Good Luck!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Tuna, carrots, celery, hard boiled eggs
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Those tuna tempter cans in various flavours, I get them in bulk when they are on special, my cupboard looks like an Andy Warhol painting right now.

And red wine, the prospect of this pulls me through most days. :)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I eat a massive bowl of salad the size that would normally feed a family.
    I'm too full to be tempted to late night snack.

If I imagine a fish milkshake it stops me grazing...........
  • ehaden
    ehaden Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find not denying myself sweet stuff stops me from going crazy and giving into my chocolate cravings. So dark chocolate almond milk blended with a banana is a great way to start off my day and keep me on the right track.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Strawberries
    Yogurt
    Huge salad with a small amount of meat and mayonnaise
    Caesar salad
    Herbal tea
    Cappuccinos
    Sugar free sweets
    Water
  • LannyM74
    LannyM74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For a late afternoon pick-me-up, (this is my danger period for succumbing to junk), I always find that two packs of cup of soup or a can of flaked white tuna in water will do the trick. I know the cup of soup has a gazillion mgs of sodium...but sometimes that's the trade off for a filling snack that's less than 150 cals.

I also love the weight watchers Smart Ones Parmesan Chicken.

And raisins......lots of raisins.
  • Superfantastic
    Options
    I do overnight oats every day for breakfast (1/2 c oats, 1/2 c milk, 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 t vanilla + fruit or other add ins - my favorite is lemon zest and blueberries.). I make a lot of green smoothies with spinach and also have been eating a lot of cabbage. I make tuna salad with Greek yogurt, tuna, lemon juice, cilantro, and a ton of cabbage and eat it on Triscuits. I love it and it's really filling, thanks to all of the protein and fiber. I live in Japan right now, where salad is mostly cabbage with toasted sesame dressing, which I really like. For sweet cravings, I buy good quality dark chocolate so a little bit satisfies me. Or freeze banana slices and throw them in the blender with berries to make sorbet.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Bananas are the most important food for me. Easily packaged, lots of nutrients, and super sweet. (:

Coming in a close second is eggs. Perfectly portioned, easily cooked, with lots of good protein and fats.

I will also mention greek yogurt - I mix it with sugar-free jello and it's quite heavenly.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Coming by to say the same as last time

ICE CREAM