Do you ever feel like giving up?

Options
I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 months it's going real slow . It seems I lose 3 gain 6. I know I should keep working hard but some days I feel like is it really worth the fight? Then I lose a little and feel better only to gain agin.i know you have to fight for every pound but dang !

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The only way to do it is to do it. The only time to do it is when you will do it. What happens if you don't do it? You waste a lot of your life like I have being unable to do the things you wanted to do because you were too heavy to do them. I'm 62. I'm finally doing it now. Do you want to wait that long? ... I thought not.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    All the time. I've lost a piddly 10kgs (22lbs) in a whole year. :sad:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    NO, I do not ever feel like giving up. That is how i have found some success thus far.
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 months it's going real slow . It seems I lose 3 gain 6. I know I should keep working hard but some days I feel like is it really worth the fight? Then I lose a little and feel better only to gain agin.i know you have to fight for every pound but dang !

Whenever you are feeling to given up just visit MFP, read success stories along with different threads to get motivated, talk with your nears & dears, go through your diet history to understand what gone wrong.
    Remember your body didn't accumulated those fats in overnight therefore don't expect to loose those so quickly, its may take time depend upon your intake, body etc. Different person has different bodies. You can talk with your nutritionist, doctor too in parallel. But keep patience, monitor your diet closely, try to be regular on MFP, never think to give up ! You can do it :)
    All the Best !!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    This is a lifetime commitment for me. I may not eat well and I may not exercise as hard as I should, but I always, always, always log my food. I was the weirdo at Thanksgiving dinner last year with my food scale. At least people weren't arguing about politics if they were fascinated with my logging. :laugh:
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Ur gonna make it!
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I feel like that all the time. But, I have to realize that if I do give up, I'm just gonna keep getting bigger and bigger. Then I'm gonna be more miserable. So, why not continue now. So you've lost 3 pounds. Isn't that better than gaining 3 pounds? For me personally, I gain and lose the same 5 pounds every other week. And I am struggling to get my head on straight so I can be successful at losing the weight. But trust me. A three pound loss is better than nothing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

it is hard, if it wasnt hard there wouldnt be any fat people in the world...

being over weight is hard, losing weight is hard... choose your hard!
  • gutbegone30DS
    Options
    If you're tired of starting over then don't EVER give up & keep making progress! make it count!

Goodluck!

xoxo
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I gave up a long time ago. I've learned over the 3 + years that the number on the scale doesn't matter compared to how I look and feel. So yes, I gave up on the scale long ago.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I find that taking progress photos and measurements helps me. It's inspiring to see the loss concretely, rather than to wish for a change in scale numbers.
  • Itsmylifenow13
    Itsmylifenow13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To everyone who told me not to give up....THANK YOU!!! It's nice to know there's people out there I don't even know who care!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    This is a lifetime commitment for me. I may not eat well and I may not exercise as hard as I should, but I always, always, always log my food. I was the weirdo at Thanksgiving dinner last year with my food scale. At least people weren't arguing about politics if they were fascinated with my logging. :laugh:
    THIS!

And starting over SUCKS, so that's motivation to not ever give up. :wink:
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'll never give up.
  • NFMendoza
    NFMendoza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I feel like that at time but this time I kept going and have lost 35 pounds in 6 months :) but what i struggle with the most is having the energy to workout I just feel soo lazy lol
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    never give up!!!!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    yes all the time. i ask myself when can i stop. but if i do i will be overweight and i dont want that anymore. start logging accurately everday and it will come off. good luck
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    no, the fat pisses me off. I have lost about 100lbs maybe more like 110, Alot of ot before jpining MFP. However same premise as I was recording food in a notebook. Anyway I have fought this, and I am not going to ley the blubber win.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I feel like giving up at least 17 times a day, but I won't/don't/can't.