Those of us who workout at home!

Options
13»

Replies

• Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    We use our bonus room. It's nothing special but it has plenty of room for everything we need, including an area to do DVD's. I will try to post a picture...not sure if I remember how though.

]workoutroom_zps3478eafd.jpg

I love it! Getting an exercise room (or at least they are starting next week!) and I wondered what is the mat under your bench? Is it rubber? I need something under my double stack.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    steps for squats and weights, road for walking and running, kitchen counter to do inverted pushups, bench downstairs for butterflies, benching, chin up bar DS, P90 and Tony time DS.....
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    All I have is an exercise bike in my living room. I consider my living room to be my exercise room.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I do Aerobics - it is in the living room cuz that is where the cable is - and I have to move a chair back, and then make sure I not standing in the middle of the room when I live my arms up cuz the ceiling fan has gotten me a couple times. I also have to turn certain ways when doing things like grape-vining so I don't run into things.

When I do the Wii, or occasionally the Gazelle, they are in the garage (we have a TV it it, but no cable). I like doing the running on Wii and the garage is big enough for me do to "laps" in it for the 10 minute run.

It's nothing fancy, but I appreciate that I have choices on what I want to do, and get a change of scenery.
  • kackdog
    kackdog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Our latest addition
    d77aa54f-74ab-4628-9250-b212f9f77765.jpg
    fd1f062b-d781-4e0f-bbef-965acc92f315.jpg
    d2fcbbd4-d9f0-400c-8b5f-11c71f255e47.jpg
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We use our bonus room. It's nothing special but it has plenty of room for everything we need, including an area to do DVD's. I will try to post a picture...not sure if I remember how though.

]workoutroom_zps3478eafd.jpg

I love it! Getting an exercise room (or at least they are starting next week!) and I wondered what is the mat under your bench? Is it rubber? I need something under my double stack.

We got it at Academy Sports...it had a picture of that type of equipment on it and it's 3/4 inch thick. I think it was called fitness flooring or something like that and it's interlocking. I don't think it's rubber...not sure what the material is.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Nothing special here either. I live in a duplex. Our livingroom is "long" so I'm able to workout in there next to your front door.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I also have a basement room I use for my workout room. It is unfinished and also houses the washer/dryer/freezer, a file cabinet, a work bench and storage shelves, but the middle of the room is all mine. I have a stereo, resistance bands, free weights/bars/dumbbells, a bench, a stability ball, a Gold's gym cable system with the rubber piece together flooring underneath. Then if you venture into the family room you'll find my elliptical, a recumbent bike, my pull up bar and the tv for DVD's. I dream of having walls painted a nice vibrant orange with my race bibs pinned up as a border around the room and my one medal (for completion) for a half marathon and a plaque for winning a Relay for Life event taking center stage along with exercise posters and inspiration photos. Yes, all I need are some walls and someplace else to store all the junk of my shelves. Despite it's lack of elegance or even style it is my favorite place to be.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I workout at home but am poor. Not going to even bother to post a pic lol.
  • BethAPerry25Nala
    BethAPerry25Nala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to move a coffee table, a recliner, and end table to do my at home workout, eventually I hope to have a space that is dedicated to my own space!
  • grampajimmy
    Options
    I work out (Excercycle) in my Man Cave. Now let me tell you before you get all excited, I'm 66 and still have a 27 year old daughter living at home! I just got rid of the 22 year old last year! I quickly confiscated the basement before any of them decided it was nice at home after all! The other half is my wife's quilting room! My other exercise space is the city park across the street with 3+ miles of paved pathways. by the way my exercycle was found at a rummage sale for $20! you don't need to spend a ton of money to exercise! :-}
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I use an unused spare bedroom that has a "power tower", and my semi finished 3 seasons room. I use very minimal equipment & rely solely on body weight exercises.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Just look at my ticker...
    I work out in my home office. Equipment includes my mini-bike (seen in the ticker), mini-stepper, and weight bench with free weights. I headphone myself into music on my computer and have my towel and water bottle within arm's reach, plus my table fan. It's simple, but it's worked wonders for me. :-)
  • KhaoticSoul
    Options
    I use my spare bedroom. If you stood in my doorway youd see a 6 foot freezer immediately to your left. Then the left hand wall is actually floor to ceiling built in mirrored wardrobes with my weights rack stood in front of them.The back wall then has a tall cupboard which is for first aid stuff, a clothes airer rail with my reebok step in front of it (the rail is perfect height to help when balancing on the step as at my size balance has been an issue for a while.) then theres a small table with my stereo on, and a fridge. then looking to right my weight bench is placed head against the right wall with the window just above it, and my exercise bike finishes the room off, with a box placed in front of it containing excess weights etc. ( bike is to immediate right of doorway in otherwords.)
    Its not the hugest of spaces, but there is enough room at the end of the bench for me to throw down a mat to do floor work, or do squats, lunges etc, so it works well for me. (Yes i know fridges and freezers belong in the kitchen, but I do all my home cooking, and my kitchen only has room for the smallest of undercounter fridge/freezers so keep the big ones in here lol, and the wardrobes are used to store food/household items as I also buy in bulk to get the best deals.)
    Actually looks quite good since I got the new weight rack built by a friend of mine and im not falling over dumbells on the floor :)
  • johnna1212
    johnna1212 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I live in a house on a slab, no basement. I use my living room. I have hand weights and a yoga mat. I have some DVDs, and watch you tube videos on my iPad. I squint, but it works. I'm a runner, so my other workout space is anywhere I want. I live near the Mississippi so my workout space can be gorgeous at times.
  • Shal0110
    Options
    I workout in my room, my mom's room or just outside my room (where I dance). I don't have weights at home, treadmill, etc. I only have an exercise ball. I do push-ups, jumps, squats and things that make my body stronger. That's all I can do to be better everyday because we can't afford a membership in the gym since I also have dance classes :)
  • LISA921
    LISA921 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I work out in my living room, while my 8 week old son sits in his bouncy chair and laughs at me, haha! I wish we had a workout room, but my weights and resistance bands are in clear sight next to our TV stand. They are kind of like a reminder!!