People wanted who actually talk - please apply within

Options
124»

Replies

• macismom81
    Options
    Hello hello hello! This site seems pretty helpful. I am married with 3 sons, just finishing my business administration certification, and going back to work after 5 years of being home with my boys. After I had my last son I weighed 188 which was 12 pounds less then when I got pregnant. I started exercising while preggo. After 2 years I got down to 132 pounds! I maintained that weight for about a year. People started telling me I shouldn't lose anymore weight so I eased up on the exercise and started to gain weight before I even realized. At 150 I got depressed and lost all motivation, which leads me to where I am now at 170. It also increased when I started school in Jan '13 because my program was VERY intensive and I used it as an excuse to stop working out altogether. :( Well, I am starting a new job this Monday, graduating next week, my middle son just started kinder last week, and with all the changes I think the timing to get back on track with my weight is perfect. I am one of those people that has to be obsessive about my diet and exercise in order to lose weight, so it requires a ton of dedication or I simply don't see results. Half-assed doesn't work for me. I blame it on a slow metabolism and my curvy body type. Anyhow, I look forward to sharing motivation, tips, and recipes with y'all. :)
  • Danimal718
    Danimal718 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Me too. I feel the same way....if you don't talk then why add?
  • Danimal718
    Danimal718 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I will be fighting my weight for the rest of my life due to a rare genetic disease that I have. Perseverance is my word and I live it.

This was for macismom btw.....but it can apply to all here.
  • macismom81
    Options
    Oh! And feel free to add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • emh612
    emh612 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was just thinking to myself today that more than half of my friends on here aren't even active. I log in daily and could always use chatty people on my news feed! Anyone feel free to add. :smile:
  • stomsick
    stomsick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also like to chat, so feel free to add me, although until my body gets used to the 2x a day workouts a few times a week it might end up being more *****ing than chatting..but i shall try....

When you said you were in maintenance..my first thought was the career field not...the fitness category....rough morning

I did too!!! I'm new to MFP and I could be chatty! Feel free to add me too!! :)
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you're still In the market,then me too! I need more than just a "good job!" I like to talk. Or type, to be more precise.
  • Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me too! I love to chat about fitness!
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    But I like being the brooding silent one. :sad:

Nah, just kidding. I warn you, though, my idea of talking may drive you crazy. That and the fact that I talk non-stop about ice cream. And food. So, come prepare. BYOIC. Bring your own ice cream.