Finally, Organic Coca-Cola

Options
13»

Replies

• Annelieschen
    Annelieschen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OK, I don't drink coke any more. But occasionally my husband or children want a treat. This week we discovered Trader Joe's All natural cola. They loved it. For an occasional treat, I am absolutely fine with this. No HFCS or other chemical crap...just pure ingedients...including cane sugar of course.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    How the heck can soda be "natural'? Its made in a lab for petes sake!

If I mix soil and water in a lab, can I no longer call it natural mud?

Well soil comes from the earth not a bunch of beakers and chemicals.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Argentina gets everything man. Grass fed cows, super hot Presidente de la Nación, and now Stevia Coke.

You should see my cousin! One of the hottest models there!

(No, I'm not lying. My uncles daughters got the looks. My dad's daughters got fat....... Not fair. :sad: ) Oh well I'm gonna ask my cousin to send me some, see how it tastes. Even though I haven't had soda in 2 years, and probably will explode from the carbonation alone.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Soil and water are both chemicals.

And both could be put in beakers.

And most elements exist in nature.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    feeldesain-blk-black-spring-water.jpg

people will buy anything.....i bought blk water, and drank it because it was blk...let me tell you. you can definitely go back
  • UseToBeHot
    UseToBeHot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If it's on the internet it has to be true................and I'm dating a French model.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

See this is why definitions require context. Unfortunately, the FDA has not given a specific definition of "natural" for use in food labeling, so unless we're talking meat/dairy products, this label has absolutely no value. FDA definition of organic is better, but still has clarification issues. Then there's the broader layman's interpretation of "natural" i.e. occurs in nature, but generally speaking that is NOT what is meant when natural is used for food labels.

Ok, have to stop now, having flashbacks to arguments about the scientific definition of the term theory.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    feeldesain-blk-black-spring-water.jpg

people will buy anything.....i bought blk water, and drank it because it was blk...let me tell you. you can definitely go back

Why, just why? What possible value does this product claim?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

See this is why definitions require context. Unfortunately, the FDA has not given a specific definition of "natural" for use in food labeling, so unless we're talking meat/dairy products, this label has absolutely no value. FDA definition of organic is better, but still has clarification issues. Then there's the broader layman's interpretation of "natural" i.e. occurs in nature, but generally speaking that is NOT what is meant when natural is used for food labels.

Ok, have to stop now, having flashbacks to arguments about the scientific definition of the term theory.

:laugh:

I agree, definitions DO require context. When I hear people using buzzwords like "CHEMICALS!!!1" it drives me insane because it is just used to incite the image of volatile compounds being made in a lab that will melt your organs.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    At least its made with half stevia and NOT aspartame like all the rest of the low calorie things I drink so often!!!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My brother just switched to Zevia, which is a line of stevia-sweetened sodas. He likes them, but they taste like they've been sweetened with cotton candy to me. Can't imagine this will be much different.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    But where is the organic high fructose corn syrup that makes coke tastes so dang good?

See, I'll take a mexican coke with real sugar over an american coke with hfcs any day, and only because it tastes WAY better. Just ignore the warnings about lead in the glass bottles.....

Hells yes! Mexican bottled ice cold Coca Cola! Classic :heart: :heart: :heart: