Favorite "snack"

Options
What's your favorite mid morning or late afternoon snack? Just trying to get some new ideas so I'm not eating the same things all the time

Replies

• BeastModeActivate
    Options
    I love a good gala apple or a granola...for a snack...it is hard when i have so many people eating junk food around me...
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Homemade protein bar, or oats, almonds, carrots with hummus, beans, blueberries.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hummus with crackers or chips!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My go-to afternoon snack is popcorn. One of the 100 calorie bags does a great job of holding me over until dinner. But my all-time favorite (anytime) snack is 1 Tbs each peanut butter and sugar free jelly on a toasted english muffin.
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Raw broccoli and hummus.....or a Granny Smith apple and peanut butter :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My yogurt with honey or carrot sticks and pita chips with tzatziki sauce. All homemade. Although I need to make sure I have some Altoids available if I'm having tzatziki.
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a morning snack and an afternoon snack. Usually I do baby carrots or cucumbers or any other stick-like veg with 1 tbsp light ranch; or a cup of plain non-fat greek yogurt with a sprinkle of flavored granola or berries (greek yogurt makes a great dip, too, with dill or with some ranch seasoning). My favorite post-workout snack is frozen blueberries. Very refreshing! Other good snack options are hummus and veggies or just good old fashioned pieces of fruit!
  • rjwriter78
    rjwriter78 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Granny apple with sprinkled cinnamon or a Met-rx super cookie crunch protein bar. Its meal replacement but for me its a snack, lol!
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sliced gala apple w/ tbsp of peanut butter...mmmm....
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If it's a work out day, I have 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1/4 cup avocado, a little pepper and salt. Yum
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite lately has been chopped tomatoes and cottage cheese, salt and pepper. A little ground beef warmed and added (taco leftovers) is nice too if you need the protein/can spare the calories. Of course, I've had homegrown tomatoes lately, sooooooo much better than the store-bought!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    -Oikos Greek yogurt (banana cream flavor) with Bear Naked granola sprinked inside.

-Sabra garlic roasted hummus and sauteed sugar snap peas.

-Nature Valley sweet and salty almond bar.
  • n_red
    n_red Posts: 6
    Options
    I love roasted red pepper hummus, not spicy from costco! :) I do vanilla yogart from trader joes, with granola and fresh fruit, BEST THING for a night dessert is chop up bananas sprinkle cinnamon (to taste) and drizzle honey on it! It's filling, satisfies your sweet tooth, and honey and cinnamon are so good for you! I also like to cook artichoke and eat that as a snack it doesn't fill me up, but it's fun to pick the leaves off keeps you busy etc. :)
  • CFam5
    CFam5 Posts: 24
    Options
    What is this sauce you speak of???? I've never heard of it. How do you make it?
  • CFam5
    Options
    My yogurt with honey or carrot sticks and pita chips with tzatziki sauce. All homemade. Although I need to make sure I have some Altoids available if I'm having tzatziki.

What is this sauce you speak of???? I've never heard of it. How do you make it?
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    An apple with a Sargento reduced fat cheddar cheese stick. A cup of 1% milk microwaved with a Bigelow chai tea bag. Lance whole grain and peanut butter crackers. If I've just finished working out and its between meals, a banana/greek yogurt/cocoa shake.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i have different snack options. but usually will have 1 to two a day while at work. besides my breakfast and lunch. for snacks it could be a fruit or some raw cauliflower (which i love) or it could be some goldfish the pretzel/flavor blast mix kind, yum. Even a serving of pretzels or a special k 90 calorie chocalate pretzel bar (those things are so good). even a serving of almonds or any other 100 calorie snack.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cheese and crackers, string cheese, a plum with some almonds, apple with cashews.
  • CFam5
    Options
    i have different snack options. but usually will have 1 to two a day while at work. besides my breakfast and lunch. for snacks it could be a fruit or some raw cauliflower (which i love) or it could be some goldfish the pretzel/flavor blast mix kind, yum. Even a serving of pretzels or a special k 90 calorie chocalate pretzel bar (those things are so good). even a serving of almonds or any other 100 calorie snack.

i don't think I've had raw cauliflower in over a year! I'm totally going to get some!
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I love gold fish. so. much.