42 lbs doesn't look like much...

Options

Replies

• reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I noticed difference in chin immediately very much reduced. Also agree with what everyone else said.

:-)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell Stacy, don't sell yourself short. It is extremely difficult to see such dramatic results when you are heavier unfortunately, but you have made amazing strides and shouldn't feel disappointed in the least. You are going to continue to shed inch after inch and in 40 more pounds there is going to be such huge differences you'll see a whole new you. I am very impressed at your commitment dear!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    definitely noticable. but i do think the black clothing makes it harder to see! also try taking a side/profile pic you might notice other things from that angle too! like if the bootay has shrunk, or tummy or the girls :wink:

fantastic keep at it!

I agree 100% about the side pics. My side pics are far more impressive than head on.
  • k1979k
    Options
    I'm so glad that you guys can notice a difference *even if I can't*

We are always so much harder on ourselves :)

I agree with the others - I can absolutely see definite changes to your weight and body shape! You are doing a great job, and are no doubt so much healthier for it. I hope you feel better too, fuelling yourself with good food and getting a regular hit of 'feel good' endorphins from exercising. tT's so worth it, don't you agree?!!!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you guys can notice a difference *even if I can't*

We are always so much harder on ourselves :)

I agree with the others - I can absolutely see definite changes to your weight and body shape! You are doing a great job, and are no doubt so much healthier for it. I hope you feel better too, fuelling yourself with good food and getting a regular hit of 'feel good' endorphins from exercising. tT's so worth it, don't you agree?!!!

Yeah, I totally agree. I used to think losing weight was all about deprivation and what I wasn't "allowed" to have and all the "horrible painful exercise". But it's really important in how you go about doing it. I've learned that I CAN have what I crave, I just have to make sure it's in MUCH smaller portions. A few bites as apposed to a HUGE portion. lol Soon I even stopped craving junk food and fast food. And exercise is awesome when you find what you ENJOY doing! :D I actually enjoy exercising now, something I never DREAMED could be possible. This is actually fun for me! Don't get me wrong, it's work too and it's challenging, but it's damn fun to challenge yourself! :D I love that I'm getting stronger and having more energy every day! I'm so loving this!

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments! I really look forward to posting some more update photos once the changes become more apparent.

Stay strong everybody! You can do it! WE can do it!
  • LEELEE22
    Options
    I see a difference and your doing great keep it up....as you go you will see the difference...slowly but surely thats the way to keep it off.
    You have inspired me.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ...When you start out at nearly 400 lbs.

I've seen some update photos where people have lost 20 pounds and thier difference is amazing. But I've lost over 50 lbs and can't really tell a difference when I look at photos of me then and now. It's a little depressing but I think when you start out weighing as much as I did then it takes a HUGE weight loss before it's even really noticeable.

It's ok though. I can FEEL a difference and my clothes are definitely a lot looser - particularly my jeans.

Anyway, even though there isn't much difference I thought I'd post my update photos. Unfortunately I took my "before" photos after I'd already lost almost 10 lbs. lol So the "before" photo here is of me nearly 10 lbs lighter than my starting weight.

05-02-2010to09-14-2010_Front_Small3.jpg

Starting weight: 385 lbs. (4-25-2010)
    Current weight: 334 lbs. (9-17-2010)
    Goal weight: 140 lbs.

So far I've lost 51 lbs but I still need to do that about 4 more times before reaching goal weight - I have a LONG way to go.

I have worked hard for the past five months to get where I am at and do hope there are some clear visible differences soon. Even people who hadn't seen me in months still can't tell I'm losing weight. lol

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? Losing a lot of weight and it still not being really noticeable?

EVERY POUND COUNTS! so don't give up. just think of it as getting closer and closer to your goal. I lost 20lbs and for a while i couldnt tell the difference but after i started comparing to some old pictures from this time last year it became more obvious.
    hang in there! you're doing GREAT!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I was watching Gok Wan the other night and he did something that |i thought was a really good idea - get a presentation pad (or use your door - you can always paint over it) stand in front of it and get someone to draw round you, then next time you would do your pics do it again - then you can look back and see the difference for yourself!
    You're definitely a lot more toned in the second photo!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You've done a good job, but you will notice even more of a difference if you start exercising. Muscle takes up less space than fat. Muscle is more compact. You would benefit a lot by walking and doing some light weight training. Even if you do it at home. A pound of muscle weights the same as a pound of fat, but like I said it takes up less space.
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I can see a differnce to . So whether others notice it are not you are showing a difference. Keep up the good work. You are doing great... I know it is hard and a struggle but in the long run you are winning your way back to good health. Have a good week.
  • Jennifer0102
    Jennifer0102 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I can completely tell. You can see it in your arms, your hips, your waist!!! Your doing good and it does show. Keep up the great work!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    WHAT!? are you kidding me? I see a HUGE difference!! I see a noticeable change in your arms, & your neck for sure!! You won't necessarily lose from your stomach or hips in the beginning, those places generally take longer, but you have VERY noticeable changes in the places that i've mentioned!! GREAT WORK!!
  • emmavisman
    emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i haven't read what anyone else has said, but...
    you have most DEFINITELY lost weight my dear! look at your arms! they're about half the size of the first pictures arms!
    look at your hips! that shirt clung to your hips before and now its just draped down!
    you're doing such a fantastic job! being the weight you were i suppose it will take a while to see a huge difference from losing so much weight, wait until you lose another 20 and you'll look like a completely different person!
  • davep90
    Options
    There is a noticable difference ..... well done
  • pinksgirlfriend
    pinksgirlfriend Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hey! well girl , im gonna be sitting in the same boat as you..i have just begun my weight loss journey. i just lost my first ten pounds as of last week. i weighed 358, last week i was 348! ugh...... i have a long way to go just like you. i feel the slight difference, but its gonna be forever before anyone can see it, including me...can you add me to friends so i can cheer you on ... it will be a inspiration to me because your ahead of me! we can do this.... its hard but we can do this!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You for sure can notice a big difference, you should feel it in your clothes right away. My daughter has 100 pounds to lose and has recently lost 20 pounds. She too cannot see the change and feels no difference in her clothes. I think we are always the harshest critic of ourselves. Just keep going and be KIND to yourself, we say things to ourselves that we wouldn't dream to say to another human being. You are an important, beautiful person and deserve to be treated as such by everyone including you!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I notice the changes all over. Keep up your hard work, it is really paying off! :smile:
  • i think it is of note that your hips are smaller- you are doing great!!
  • robinsnest0326
    Options
    yes you can tell a difference. I notice in your arms and waist, and remember you are a beautiful person. keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • MelliCheer
    Options
    There is a definite difference in your neck line and the size of your forearms. You are right that it will take longer for people to notice as you have a ways to go. But side by side before & after shots tell the story. You're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!