Bananas to eat or not to eat

Options
124»

Replies

• RMGreen17
    Options
    I am with you... loving nanners!!! It's better than grabbing just TWO chocolat chip cookies ANY DAY (and lower in calories, higher in nutrition). GO NANNERS!!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry?

Yes - no
    | don't eat
    |
    |
    Do you have 90-110 calories left:
    yes - no
    | don't eat
    |
    |
    Eat.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I eat one just about everyday, usually on the way to the gym pre-workout.
    For my morning snack I dip bananas in dry chocolate protein powder. I have one almost everyday.
    interseting........:huh: might have to try this though!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    images.jpg
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Eat. I buy my bananas pre-peeled. They cost more but I don't have time to stand around peeling bananas all day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Bananas are high in potassium. We need this, specially after a long run or hard work out. So why are there so many people saying not to eat bananas if you want to lose weight? What is so bad with the O so delicious Banana?
    Because the people saying it have bought into the the "no sugar" idea to lose weight. Law of thermodynamics will always win..................calories in vs calories out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Also to mention, I tried the trick of separating the bananas and then wrapping the stems in plastic to deter the bananas' ripening process....................................and it works!!!!! They still speckle, but the banana inside it still pretty firm.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bananas are high in potassium. We need this, specially after a long run or hard work out. So why are there so many people saying not to eat bananas if you want to lose weight? What is so bad with the O so delicious Banana?
    Because the people saying it have bought into the the "no sugar" idea to lose weight. Law of thermodynamics will always win..................calories in vs calories out.

IDEA Fitness member

:drinker:

Bananas are awesome. No food makes me feel as good for so little calories.
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my dietitian told me to eat half of a banana after my workout vs a whole one
  • brixtonbanner
    brixtonbanner Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Have a look at Freelee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HpUaOmJck
    She eats A LOT of bananas and I don't think she is overweight.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Bahaha! When I clicked on the page, the "5 foods not to eat if you want to lose weight" add popped up on the top with a banana!!!

But I love bananas!!! Nom Nom Nom!
    I know they are REALLY high in sugar, which, natural or not, can still be bad when not monitored. I think it should be looked at as a sweet food, not something to eat 10 of because they are a fruit...

I hate that ad. Love bananas.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Also to mention, I tried the trick of separating the bananas and then wrapping the stems in plastic to deter the bananas' ripening process....................................and it works!!!!! They still speckle, but the banana inside it still pretty firm.

IDEA Fitness member

Really? I must try that, I love bananas until they start going brown and soft.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana every day with lunch!
  • DoingThiisForMe
    Options
    It would take 5 apples to fill me up like one banana does, when I need a quick snack before lunch or I'm on the run... I grab a banana.
  • missmwikali
    Options
    Bananas are good, I eat one a day everyday in a shake either pre or post workout :-)