40 is coming :/ anyone else??

Options

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Almost there and getting better all the time! :)
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    39 my life was perfect.....

41 my life is hell...

Fear the worst.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    My advice for turning 40 is to do it like I did it...

...on a cruise ship in the Western Caribbean.

Ohhh! so jealous. Lucky you. :)
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEE!!! I turn 40 in November and can't friggen wait!!!! Actually it's just another birthday that I will spend alone and doing things for me. No biggie.

:drinker: <<<<there's only water in that glass too!
  • SymphonyTea
    Options
    Closing in on it but not spooked (yet), we'll see what happens when I get there. Father Time will continue to march forward & my goal is to continue working on damage control as he marches right on across my face & body ;)

Thus far, leaving 29 & turning into 30 was the shock to the system, for me; it was a true turning point & I did some major 360's between 30-33 & spent a lot of time wondering "what was I thinking!?!?" in regards to things I did in my 20's...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Meh. I turn 38 next month. I'm stronger, faster, and much less fat than I was at 28. Handle your business right, and you only get better as you grow older.

Dats right! Handle yo bzzzzznsssss!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that..over a decade ago..I'm not slowin' down...:flowerforyou:
    Don't eat cake..go do something on your birthday..
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Just remember that 40 is more frightened of you, than you are of it.
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes !! I will be 40 this Friday but I'm not sweating it. I feel better now than I did 10 years ago.
  • ttmspeace
    ttmspeace Posts: 240
    Options
    Thanks :) I honestly feel really good ,just something about it gets me ,silly I know but just being honest. Just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same and how you handled it . So thanks for all the great advise :)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that..over a decade ago..I'm not slowin' down...:flowerforyou:
    Don't eat cake..go do something on your birthday..

NONONONONO! You should eat cake AND do something on your birthday.

Cake should happen.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It came and went in June, and it's thrown me for quite a loop. I know I should be all gracious and at least pretend I'm fine with it, but 40 doesn't sit right with me.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I turned 42 yesterday and had mixed feelings about it. I pondered and realized; I am happy to be alive, and healthier today than I was 3-4 years ago. Last but not least, I miss nothing about my youth but the elasticity in my skin.

Embrace it. Count your blessings.
  • DAVEGETSLEAN
    DAVEGETSLEAN Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How many threads about the same thing?

You're 40, not dead
    If she start the same thread everyday for a year straight, what's it to you?
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's all perspective.. I am 42 and fine with it.. it's just an age.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was 40, then I blinked and now I'm 55. Well that's the way it seems. I'm over half way to 100. When I get there, I hope to have all my marbles, be able to walk on my own, and not be a burden to anyone. Until then, I'm going to live as well as I can.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My odometer has already rolled over and half way to second time around, so I thought I would pass something along. Forty really bummed me out now my thinking is any day you are looking over the dirt is a good day.:drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How many threads about the same thing?

You're 40, not dead
    If she start the same thread everyday for a year straight, what's it to you?

The internet is a finite space.

Let's not waste it.
  • smerkord
    smerkord Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Forty schmorty. I will be 40 in November and don't give a damn. I am in the best shape of my life and still think and act young. It's a number, and the alternative is not preferable so I will just continue to increment ever 365 days.
  • missy2492
    missy2492 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in June..... enjoy and Happy Birthday :):smile: