5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics!

Options

Replies

• I'm 5'2" and 140 right now.I started at 160 last November. Good luck getting to your goal and feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • bluemoonrise
    bluemoonrise Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love these success stories. Its very uplifting to see everyone's progress and see that even short people can carve out fit, lean looking bodies.
  • cheriibomb
    Options
    I am 5 ft 1 (maybe 5 ft 0, but whatever.)
    SW: 195 lbs
    CW: 146 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs

I had a set of twins, so my belly is really stretched out, with some excess skin.
    Pictures5.jpg

2012-07-061.jpg

collage-2.jpg

page-5.jpg

2012-08-09.jpg

Dang girl, you are looking fabulous!!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bumping for inspiration..........GREAT WORK GIRLS!!!
  • Starynh
    Starynh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 2 years ago I was 130 lbs. Last year I was 125 lbs. This year I went down to 115 lbs. :D And now I became 110 lbs so far since I'm dieting this Summer. :) My goal weight is 100 lbs before September so I don't have to worry about gaining weight all the time anymore and I will still be over the underweight range. :P I'll also look really good in my clothes too.
  • bethjpsu
    bethjpsu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 0" and my weight yo yos up and down... 44 yrs yound andI started again last month - seriously tracking my food and working out - was up to 148 and felt awful!!! quit diet coke about 3 weeks ago which really helped w/ bloat - now at about 139.5 but took a 5 day vacation and have to see what the scale says in the am... wasn't too off course- enjoyed some wine for first time in a month!!

so hard being short - I gain an ounce and it shows. I travel a lot for work which is also hard- usually w/ a larger group and mostly men that love to drink and eat well - which I do too... trying to reform my habits - hard but one step at a time!
  • Caramelnut73
    Caramelnut73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You just gave me a new hope. I just started my journey at 205 lost 5 so far ;)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am too lazy to rewrite my story, so here's the link to my success story I posted a few months ago. There are also some more recent pics in my profile.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/918358-they-cut-my-head-open-your-excuse-is-invalid
  • katiefromvermont
    katiefromvermont Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats:

Height, 5'1" Age, 33

SW: 159 (at my highest ever, May 2012, right after having my baby)
    CW: 131
    GW: 118-120, I think. It's more a toning goal than a number on a scale.

I just finished the first month of C25K, am excited to post here with results once I finish!
  • remimarie
    Options
    this is awesome and inspiring. can i add you?
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Can you outline your weight lifting journey esp the heavy lifting. That's what I'm interested in and am seeking inspiration and guidance everywhere. Haven't posted anything yet, still a bit shy. But I'm 5'1, 146 (my highest weight ever) and have a major BELLY. I'm starting with clean eating and three days weightlifting plus lots of walking and WATER!
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing the wedding photos, you look beautiful and so happy. Keep it up! I'd love to see you start lifting weights I think you'd really see some serious changes. Congrats!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"
    Highest weight: 243 (before I was pregnant)
    Weight when i returned to MFP: 205 (after my son was born in 2012)
    Current weight: 174.4
    Goal weight: 152

I have some pics on my profile that you can look at. Always looking for inspiration.
  • sndyxo
    sndyxo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump for later. Amazing stories everyone!
  • bb1266
    bb1266 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump bump!

I'm 23, 5'0, and the heaviest I ever was was about 115-117 in high school, which doesn't seem like a lot but with a small frame like mine it was awful, and I had low self esteem to begin with.

During and after college I vacillated between 107-102. The changing of my weight really effects my mood and self esteem, so I'm grateful to have a tool like MFP to get in control for a change. Also I love working out, but would always find an excuse not to to do so before starting logging here. Now I feel stronger and more confident.

If there are any shorties with similar goals to mine who want encouragement along the journey, feel free to add me :)

SW: 102
    CW: 99
    GW: 95

Hope to be putting up before and afters eventually!

Also, I just wanted to say, the variety and beauty of the women here is amazing. Everyone's goals are a bit different, as are their bodies. Wonderful to be a part of this diversity!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 1 (maybe 5 ft 0, but whatever.)
    SW: 195 lbs
    CW: 146 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs

I had a set of twins, so my belly is really stretched out, with some excess skin.
    Pictures5.jpg

2012-07-061.jpg

collage-2.jpg

page-5.jpg

2012-08-09.jpg

You look amazing..I must know how. I am also 5ft and currently 145 but I still have a belly..help a shortie fellow gal out..how did you get rid of the belly..feel free to PM me..
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm still in progress, but I thought I'd pipe in. I lost over 30 pounds (over several years--this was a very gradual loss) by cutting calories and exercising more. There isn't really much of a secret to my success so far! I ran two 5K races this summer (my first ever) and I've also stayed on top of my fitness by using the elliptical we have at home. I eat mostly organic, whole foods and I consume very little processed food.

My current weight is 110 pounds and my goal with 105 pounds. I have a small body frame at 5'2", so I may need to focus more on building muscle and reducing body fat percentage rather than on the scale. :-)

Carolyn110Aug182013_zps03dabd9b.jpg

You're a whole inch and a half taller than me but we have practically the same starting weight and the same amount to lose, so thank you for the pics!
  • amychantel
    amychantel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. What type of exercise do you do?
    I'm 5'2!

PkAzBvp.jpg

3pCNAsB.png
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    my heaviest was 202.

t6b879.jpg

Started on here at 190 September 2012.

2d1kaw2.jpg

Now I'm 130.

8ydwmh.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!