Sugar Lovers take note The Rats became addicted

Options

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Ritch weighs 20 pounds less than me and he's got a good 15 pounds of muscle more than me. Yeah.. underachiever.

Excuse me but so what?

This isn't about the fact that he's lost a bit of weight and gained some muscle... not an unusual story on this forum. It's about him constantly dressing himself up as some kind of health and fitness guru without as much as the smallest piece of paper to his name whilst constantly putting down qualified trainers, qualified nutritionists, researchers, on the basis of ripping off having read Lean Gains.

It's also about the fact that he constantly puts people down, belittles opinion, from his little pedestal of exactly what??

What I know at this point is actually irrelevant anyway, but maybe _you_ should go do some reading, heres a few great places to start.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://alanaragon.com/
    http://www.biolayne.com/
    http://rippedbody.jp
    http://www.josefrakichfitness.com/pages/knowledge

Have an absolutely great day!!!!
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I worked in a nursing home and witnessed what diabetics, with amputated limbs and other serious health complications, would do to get someone to get them a candy bar or Coke from the staff vending machine (knowing that it's killing them). If you watch people's behavior, you can see that sugar is an addiction for some people. I'm not saying it is for everyone, but it definitely is for some. What annoys me is that plenty of people have this attitude that everyone else is like them. If they aren't addicted to sugar, then it's not addictive. I think science is finally catching up with what some people already intuitively know.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    I worked in a nursing home and witnessed what diabetics, with amputated limbs and other serious health complications, would do to get someone to get them a candy bar or Coke from the staff vending machine (knowing that it's killing them). If you watch people's behavior, you can see that sugar is an addiction for some people. I'm not saying it is for everyone, but it definitely is for some. What annoys me is that plenty of people have this attitude that everyone else is like them. If they aren't addicted to sugar, then it's not addictive. I think science is finally catching up with what some people already intuitively know.

hnggggggggggg I won't even bother
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    How about getting sugar the natural way through fresh fruits .

substitute honey, {a little honey} the body can process it easier.

How about just having any sugar? It all gets processed the same way in the end.

You're so smart! I'm so glad there are MD's that know more then the Mayo Clnic on here! The fact is we don't know how our bodies process HFCS, but too much of any processed sugar is not good for you.

And sugar is addicting. I know it. And anyone with kids knows it too. Go eat a poptart.

I will eat poptarts, ice cream, cookies and the like all whilst dropping body fat, increasing strength and improving health markers via regular scheduled check in's with the doc.

I must be a genetic freak.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Ritch weighs 20 pounds less than me and he's got a good 15 pounds of muscle more than me. Yeah.. underachiever.

Excuse me but so what?

This isn't about the fact that he's lost a bit of weight and gained some muscle... not an unusual story on this forum. It's about him constantly dressing himself up as some kind of health and fitness guru without as much as the smallest piece of paper to his name whilst constantly putting down qualified trainers, qualified nutritionists, researchers, on the basis of ripping off having read Lean Gains.

It's also about the fact that he constantly puts people down, belittles opinion, from his little pedestal of exactly what??
    They're also plenty of people "with pieces of paper" who shouldn't be giving diet and exercise advice. Ever see a fat RD? or fat personal trainer they have pieces of paper that say they are qualified.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    This is old news. NEXT!
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Ritch is a NEET (UK Government coined term 'Not in Education, Employment or Training') and doesn't want a job. Not exactly someone I'd make a poster of to hand out to kids as a fine example of one of life's achievers. There's more to life than looking good in a tight t-shirt.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

Ritch is a NEET (UK Government coined term 'Not in Education, Employment or Training') and doesn't want a job. Not exactly someone I'd make a poster of to hand out to kids as a fine example of one of life's achievers. There's more to life than looking good in a tight t-shirt.

There's also more to life than working a 9-5 job and earning money when I don't need to, we all end up under the ground regardless. You make it sound like I want to be some kind of role-model or want to be a posterboy or something?

But let's be perfectly honest here, its the same middle aged people every time that try and attack me, but it's ok, I understand you are conditioned by society anyway.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I love me a good flame war.

IV9sdzE.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Sadly, anything that can be deemed pleasurable, can become an addiction if not practiced in moderation... anything!

However, it takes time and a complete lack of self-restraint to form addictions to natural stimulus such as food and sex. Cocaine and other narcotics are not stimulus that our brains are naturally wired to experience. Therefore, the path to addiction with those substances is far faster and more dramatic than addictions to natural stimulus.

People who claim to be addicted to food or sugar or sex, usually aren't, but may have the inclination to become addicted if the ability to self-regulate is removed. In other words, there is addiction and there is an addictive personality... but they aren't the same thing. And for someone who is not addicted, but claims to be, it is easy to use "addiction" as an excuse for failing to exercise self-control.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Listen to Yoda...or not, this fight is funny!

Znvmsgq.gif
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Excuse me but so what?

They're also plenty of people "with pieces of paper" who shouldn't be giving diet and exercise advice. Ever see a fat RD? or fat personal trainer they have pieces of paper that say they are qualified.
    ^^^^I like it best when they take a CPT test online.....the course was 3 days:huh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Excuse me but so what?

Lots of people with a piece of paper don't know what the hell they are talking about.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    after reading your article I found this. I was curious to know what common foods had high fructose. this is interesting.
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/5-sources-of-high-fructose-corn-syrup-in-your-diet.html
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    after reading your article I found this. I was curious to know what common foods had high fructose. this is interesting.
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/5-sources-of-high-fructose-corn-syrup-in-your-diet.html

Interesting how? Sure maybe it's interesting to know.. but will you avoid those foods now?

I eat food 2, 3, 4, 5 every day of my life (my diary shows this) - it effects nothing...
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Just because my 4 old would sell his soul for a handful of Skittles and a half a Snickers bar doesn’t mean that sugar is addictive.

I’m sure there is no absolutely no correlation between the staggering rise in obesity, hypertension, and type 2 diabetes and the fact that Americans went from consuming about 9gs of sugar per day in the 19th century to consuming 155gs per day in 2012.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Just because my 4 old would sell his soul for a handful of Skittles and a half a Snickers bar doesn’t mean that sugar is addictive.

I’m sure there is no absolutely no correlation between the staggering rise in obesity, hypertension, and type 2 diabetes and the fact that Americans went from consuming about 9gs of sugar per day in the 19th century to consuming 155gs per day in 2012.

What's the difference between 9g of sugar and 155g of sugar?

155g of sugar is more calories.

I eat 100-150g of sugar a day, probably more most days - I was at 9-10% bodyfat at my lowest, sup?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Stronglogic/10. Because having a job, education, or being in training is the only thing that qualifies you to be a role model?

*Insert list of White Collar criminals*
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Interesting theories.

I know some people are making fun of this but rats are used in psychological behavioural experiments because their brains are similar to ours.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I never knew sugar was so controversial.
This discussion has been closed.