50+ LBS LOST WITH PICS :)

Options
Hi there!

So i'm really really nervous about posting this. I literally never even comment on threads and i don't really add people or anything, i just like to keep myself to myself and i just use the site purely for tracking :) HOWEVER i do stalk the forums daily and the majority of people on here seem really lovely, so i decided to give this a go. Please be nice!

I turned 19 yesterday and it was back in november of last year when i decided enough was enough. Even my baggiest most comfortable shirt became tight and uncomfortable, and finally i decided to try and actually lose weight the healthy way; so it's been 9 months and i've lost 53lbs (i'm around 5'6"). I still have around 30lbs i still want to lose, so i'm no where near finished by any means, but i'm slowly getting there! It certainly hasn't been easy, and i naively went into this thinking it'd take maybe 6 months at most to lose the weight, but i don't think i really realised how big i was, maybe i was slightly in denial.

I've had weight issues and body image issues as far back as i can remember, i've always been the funny chubby kid, the fat friend, always got picked on for my weight, boys never gave me a second look etc etc, and i've never had much self esteem until recently. But the more weight i lose, the more i start to feel like myself and the more confident i'm becoming :) Throughout my teenage years i've gone through periods of starving myself/throwing up and losing a ton of weight, then gaining it back plus more. I even used to take tips from pro anorexia blogs up until around a year ago, i was brain washed into thinking that was the quickest way to lose weight and therefore the best way.

Before i started this i literally couldn't remember the last time i ate 3 set meals during the day - it was either i eat nothing/around 300 cals, or i eat everything in my kitchen/around 4000 cals to the point where i hated myself, and kept eating despite being full. So i know i have a food addiction, but i have the most control over that than i've ever had right now. There have been times in the last 9 months (sometimes weeks at a time) where i've fallen of the wagon, but i always tell myself, as long as your good days outweigh your bad days, everything will work out.

I was going to wait until i was at my goal to post this, but the last few days i've fallen off the wagon a bit and so decided to put this out there to remind myself how far i've come, rather than how far i still have to go. It's one of the toughest things i've ever done, but it's also something i'm very proud of. Sorry, didn't expect i'd type this much, here's the picture :) (hope it works!)

rsz_picsart_13768677981521_zps0eeda1e0.jpg

P.S Can i just say how much i love this website. I don't think i could have done this without it, and it's taught me so, so much. I'm the healthiest i've never been, and the amount of nutritional information and workout tips i've gained from you guys in the forums is insane. And the success stories are so inspiring! ♥

Replies

• SuperSlamJam
    Options
    Hey, congratulations on your progress! Thanks for posting - seeing other people's hard work pay off inspires me to keep it up.
  • BonTomlinson
    Options
    thank you! :)
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow! What amazing progress!
  • martini217
    Options
    Can I just say...THANK YOU! I needed your post (with success pics) today! You have an amazing story to tell - and show!!! And it was extrememly motivating to read! Congratulations on your accomplishment! :) You look FAN-frickin'-TASTIC!
  • UpstateK8
    UpstateK8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Fantastic transformation. Mad respect for posting your story. You'll definitely inspire others (myself included). Thank you for sharing! I'm happy MFP has helped with your food issues too. Sounds like you've learned & reinforced those healthy choices, and exercise as habits. Congrats on all your hard work and gained confidence. You are amazing!!
  • RedButtons
    Options
    I was the same as you - always keeping to myself on here, almost feeling embarrassed that I was on MFP trying to lose weight and improve my life style. But like you I recently started to branch out and it's a lot easier when you can share your experiences with other people going through the same thing (even if they are strangers, the support and well wishes are invaluable!)

Congrats on your awesome transformation - you look fabulous :) Keep moving forward and good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    Way to go! That is a major difference! Keep up the good work
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You look great, what were your exercise workouts, or did you just do food? Are you about 155 lbs now? What about your skin, has it bounce back?
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Very impressive.

Your progress deserves accolades.
    37193857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • HahnTBeth
    HahnTBeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look so great!! Congrats!
  • Okeyboy
    Okeyboy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!! Keep it up!!!
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story! You have done so well and your transformation is so inspiring. It REALLY helps me to stick to it seeing that other people are successful and helps me know that I CAN do it too, and I CAN transform my own body.
  • hannahjames295
    hannahjames295 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress, well done!! Xx
  • curly1980
    curly1980 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That is the exact amount I want to lose...thanks for the motivation! You're looking fantastic!
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting!! You look Great! Keep up the good work.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great! I'm like you in that I have been overweight since early childhood. I've struggled with it my whole life. I'm happy that you took control of your life and decided to get your weight under control at your age, instead of waiting until you're my age. Keep up the hard work! It's definitely paying off!
  • BenPolonowski
    BenPolonowski Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing transformation. You must feel so proud and confident of yourself.
  • CSJAN12014
    Options
    I hardly ever post either but you just inspired me ... what a fantastic effort... you should be extremely proud!!
    Keep up the great work... you've certainly cheered me up & made the effort seem worthwhile;
    I just wish i'd made your wise choice when i was younger, but what the hell... i'm doing it now & that's what counts.
    Thank you for being brave enough to share your story with us & i'm sure we're all keen to track your continuing success :-)
    WELL DONE YOU!!!
  • romi3772
    romi3772 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Great to see some "real" transformation! Speak it and you will lose those lbs u want.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!