Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My thighs... New issue

Under_Construction13
Under_Construction13 Posts: 60 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I have a question and I am embarrassed about it.
I'm 5'5 167 lbs, my thighs rubs together when I walk and now I have a dark patch where they meet.
Has any one else experienced this?
How can it be resolved?
About 2 yrs ago I was at aboutm125 lbs, after my second son, marriage and stress from work I just gained and gained more weight,so this,issue is new to me.

Thanks,for ready and for any advice.
-Addie

Replies

• lyoill
    lyoill Posts: 59
    I have a question and I am embarrassed about it.
    I'm 5'5 167 lbs, my thighs rubs together when I walk and now I have a dark patch where they meet.
    Has any one else experienced this?
    How can it be resolved?
    About 2 yrs ago I was at aboutm125 lbs, after my second son, marriage and stress from work I just gained and gained more weight,so this,issue is new to me.

Thanks,for ready and for any advice.
    -Addie
    this used to happen to me all of the time, but not for a very long time. When it was a problem I used to make sure that my legs we covered and that they were not bare. So I would always wear pants or say leggings under a dress etc. Or I had been known to wear bicycle shorts under my skirt. when your weight comes down it won't be such an issue anymore. It's an awful and some times painful feeling:( The dark patch will go away if the rubbing stops.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    ^^^^ this. Get some spanx or cycling shorts to wear under your skirt.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    yep i do. its disgusting -_-
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Even J-Lo's thigh's touch. And the friction causes the melatonin in your skin to react. If you lose weight it will go away. If you don't lose weight in that area, Oh well. It's a perfectly normal human thing and many women have this issue (guys too). So chillax. lol

I wear shorts under my dresses and skirts or in the very least pantyhose. It helps immensely.
  • ibach08
    ibach08 Posts: 61 Member
    This issue has been up before and someone suggested "Body Glide". I have the same problem and I tried this product and it works like a charm!
  • Thanks everyone.
    I use baby butt paste right now(it's diaper rash cream I have for the kids) that works great.
    My thighs will hurt when there's lots of friction and its hot out, and I like to wear shorts when I can.

Thanks again :)
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Montistat makes an anti-chafing gel for this purpose. I haven't used it for my thighs, but it makes a decent makeup primer!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Thanks everyone.
    I use baby butt paste right now(it's diaper rash cream I have for the kids) that works great.
    My thighs will hurt when there's lots of friction and its hot out, and I like to wear shorts when I can.

Thanks again :)

Are you talking about Boudreaux's Butt Paste? That stuff is awesome. Good for scraped knees and other boo-boos.

(I don't have kids, but I'm really clumsy and mom used it for me)
This discussion has been closed.