Pear Shaped Women - Skinny jeans?

Options

Replies

• cazcarr89
    Options
    Pear shaped ladies can wear skinnies. I love to wear my skinnies with a tank top, a blazer and flats or heels. You can even do wedges. Roll the sleeve up on the blazer for a more casual look. If you want to accentuate your waistline, put a belt on over your tank top. Oh and don't forget a cute necklace and earrings. You'll look fabulous!!

^ This, perfect to wear with skinnies!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bootcut jeans tend to be the most flattering on a pear shaped woman. Skinny jeans don't tend to look good on most body types. That said, if you WANT to wear them anyway, go for it. In the end it's your life, right? :happy:
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    Skinny jeans are gorgeous!!!! I wear mine with a cute tank top/blazer/flats/heels.... never knee high booties because where I live its to hot and humid for extra layers.
    I am a pear and I got a booty, embrace your shape... wear what you are comfortable in and find a top that suits you, it will really compliment your skinny jeans and your shape!!!
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow pears!
    I have always wanted to wear skinny jeans but with my butt and hips I feel so awkward! Do you wear them? How do you style? Ideas please!

I think you should post pictures so I can get a visual....lol
  • nursebkidd
    nursebkidd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I saw your post & had an "Ah ha" moment. I've often been envious of those women who could just put on anything & look fabulous! I'm NOT one of them. I have to choose carefully what I wear so as to hide my hips,thighs & flat chest. Even though skinny jeans are the "thing",I have accepted the fact that I'll never look right in them & I can't wear the lower rise pants either...I have a small but present belly that refuses to get flat despite my efforts! OK.. so what do I do? I choose pants with a waist high cut & have a slight flare to the bottom. You can add accessories to draw attention way from your hips & emphasize a really nice feature elsewhere...like you eyes or hair. Wear tops,vests & jackets that elongate your torso & choose colors that are fun but do not call attention to your hips/thighs. One other thing...choose your shoes to add height (not necessarily stillettos)...flats make your whole bottom half look compacted & short. Some folks are born with all the right stuff in the right places but not many.You can lose weight,tone up & do all of the right things but sadly,we can't change our genetics. Accept that you are special just being "arranged" the way you are. Work with what you have... you can still look fabulous!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass so I have the same fit issues. Look for skinnies with a lot of stretch and a bit of a higher waist (because no one looks good with muffin top).
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I love my skinny jeans. I have a big booty but I found a style that fits good. I love wearing this with high boots or heels.
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am a pear shaped woman.... I would say very pear. Even at my thinnest! They can be worn and look stylish, but it requires a longer shirt with a tail or one you would wear a big belt with around your mid section! I also think it looks good if you wear a longer sweater or longer type of cardigan over another shirt! But I embrace my pear shape.... I believe being a pear is a blessing... its sexy it says to me Jessica off Roger Rabbit! Don't be too scared to show your hips and booty... Sexy does not always have to be so thin like a graham cracker shape! LOL \

OH.. and don't forget the shoes... wear something with a bit of a heel that says you have confidence!
    http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4813753172364120&pid=1.7&w=244&h=173&c=7&rs=1
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welp, this thread tells me that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Apparently someone is going to think you look terrible and judge you no matter what you do...

So to hell with it. I'm not wearing a burka, so i'm going to wear what pleases me. If you think my jeans are ugly or I am, close your eyes and pray to the altar of whatever fantasy body you like.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans are gorgeous!!!! I wear mine with a cute tank top/blazer/flats/heels.... never knee high booties because where I live its to hot and humid for extra layers.
    I am a pear and I got a booty, embrace your shape... wear what you are comfortable in and find a top that suits you, it will really compliment your skinny jeans and your shape!!!

Agreed.

I recently got a couple pairs of Lucky Brand jeans. Oh. My. God. It was like they were custom made. Slightly higher waist, nice stretch, PERFECT length (I'm 5'11"). On the expensive side for me, but definitely worth it. I can't remember the names, but one pair was a skinny and one was a slight boot cut.

I didn't look to see your size, but they go up to size 16 in regular and they also have plus sizes.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I wear them or have been because that is all I could ever find when I went shopping. Trying to buy curvy/short jeans is never easy and the skinny jean fad made it so much harder. They are ok, they work but I was lucky enough to find boot cut jeans recently and love them!
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i'm a size 10, i wear skinny jeans. ALWAYS with bigger boots though, it evens out the big hips the same way flare jeans would.
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Personally - I think skinny jeans are misleading and false advertising- I put them on and I'm still fat! Who can I sue about this? haha
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I get "straight leg" you get the slim fit without the squeezing! I also wear fitted top half or cardi's that skim over the rear. I would love to wear skinny jeans but big hips and short legs do not look good in skinny jeans. I also like turn up's on jeans as the help balance me out x

This ^^

Lucky Brand has straight and skinny jeans for curvy and slightly-curvy shapes that look great. Also, some skinnies look more like leggings than jeans. I bought a pair of Lucky's Made in U.S. and they were more relaxed all over than most. A little big in the waist but a little alteration can fix that. Funny, a long time ago almost all clothes were bought knowing they'd need altering.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm a total pear shape (32-28-42) and LOVE skinny jeans! The brands I've found that work best for me are Old Navy sweetheart or rockstar cuts, and Express jeggings. I'm a size 10 or 12 depending on brands, and what's nice about most skinnies is that you can normally buy the jeans to fit your waist, as opposed to your hips or legs because the fabric is pretty stretchy. Especially jeggings...
  • hellynewman
    hellynewman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't wear skinny jeans but i wear straight leg jeans, which, with my big bum and hips, look like skinny jeans on me but a little more flattering, as they're not skin tight around my ankles. I try and wear them with looser fitting top so it balances out my shape and doesn't make me look too 'in and out' if that makes sense!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped ladies can wear skinnies. I love to wear my skinnies with a tank top, a blazer and flats or heels. You can even do wedges. Roll the sleeve up on the blazer for a more casual look. If you want to accentuate your waistline, put a belt on over your tank top. Oh and don't forget a cute necklace and earrings. You'll look fabulous!!

I love this reply :flowerforyou:
    Personally I go for a darker wash , heels and a slightly longer top.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Skinny Jeans arent for everyone. I look retarted in them and they are completely unflattering---even in my new skinny size 4 pants. My big hips and wide thighs just arent cut out for skinny jeans. I wish they looked good on me because I do like the style---on the appropriate bidy shape.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I don't like skinny jeans. They are not comfortable and it's not good for your blood flow.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Love skinny jeans. Especially the type with a little stretch in them. I'm an hourglass but sure wish I was a more dramatic pear.
    It could just be me cause I've heard people say they didn't like the look, but I love it on everyone. I've never seen someone in skinny's that was unflattering as the right top can make all the difference in the world. :wink: