Weekend Away

I gained 4.2 pounds over my birthday weekend away, 2 weekends ago, from 143.6 - 147.8 my highest weight this year, it was not water weight, or from salt or lack or water as it is 2 weeks later and I have only lost one pound of this since then, I did not even eat over my maintenance calories, I did eat a piece of birthday cake and a chicken roll, instead of usually just eating the chicken, All within my calorie allowance. Gutted, confused. Any ideas anyone? My clothes are tighter and I have gained inches too!!

Replies

• sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Maybe making sure you get exercise sometimes, but don't overdo it. Also, have you been drinking enough water?
  • PopsGils
    PopsGils Posts: 68 Member
    I drink plenty of water, I have been trail walking and walking the dog every other day, but gained almost 5 pounds in one weekend... ahhh
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    So you either ate an excess of 17000 calories above maintenance or ...

- water weight and undigested food,
    - TOMs,
    - scale is wrong,
    - maintenance levels are way wrong, (not likely, right?)

It's pretty damn difficult to gain 5lbs of fat in 2 days. So I'm going to suggest that, nope, you didn't gain the 5lbs. It will come off.

just remember:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • PopsGils

- TOMs,
    - scale is wrong,

It's pretty damn difficult to gain 5lbs of fat in 2 days. So I'm going to suggest that, nope, you didn't gain the 5lbs. It will come off.

just remember:

Thanks for replying, I hoped it was water weight but 2 weeks later! It was almost my TOM but that has come and gone over a week ago, the scale did drop slightly after a week, for one day, down to 144 then back up the next day to 147! I am now eating at 1300 calories a day, but then I was eating at maintenance, of 1700 cals a day. Yes maybe more sugar and salt than I was used to for that weekend but it just wont budge! The food has been digester, my scale is perfect, I even got my partner to check, TOM come and gone and had my RMR tested so I know my TDEE to a t! This is a nightmare!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Do you weigh all your food on a digital food scale? Do you eat back exercise calories, and if so, how do you estimate them? If you're gaining inches, then something's not right somewhere.
  • PopsGils
    Do you weigh all your food on a digital food scale? Do you eat back exercise calories, and if so, how do you estimate them? If you're gaining inches, then something's not right somewhere.

I restricted quite a lot for a few years, but have been eating normally for a year now, I weigh all my food on a scale, it is not digital no - just a regular one, the weekend a way I did not weigh anything but I am good at guessing, i test myself often and am pretty darn accurate! I do not eat back exercise calories as I do not do hectic exercise, just walking! I tried a metabolism reset, eating at 1700 calories for 11 weeks and gained 9 pounds in total, now back down to 1300 my RMR.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

- TOMs,
    - scale is wrong,

just remember:

Thanks for replying, I hoped it was water weight but 2 weeks later! It was almost my TOM but that has come and gone over a week ago, the scale did drop slightly after a week, for one day, down to 144 then back up the next day to 147! I am now eating at 1300 calories a day, but then I was eating at maintenance, of 1700 cals a day. Yes maybe more sugar and salt than I was used to for that weekend but it just wont budge! The food has been digester, my scale is perfect, I even got my partner to check, TOM come and gone and had my RMR tested so I know my TDEE to a t! This is a nightmare!

Weight fluctuates - if it dropped to 144 then went back to 147 - just reset the clock. The drop shows you it was water weight - it then went back up. No big deal. Think long term. Give it time.