Options
    Bump
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    bump for later
  • ireneshaw170252
    Options
    Couldnt access yr link which is unfortunate because from the comments it makes sense.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    A plethora of great information,as always!
    Thank you:happy:
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Couldnt access yr link which is unfortunate because from the comments it makes sense.

Hmmm, that's strange. Works for me. Something with your firewall maybe?
  • stroutman81
    Options

Did you ever get the link to work?
  • stroutman81
    Options
    bumpers
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Tagging.
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    A superb post! Thanks for taking the time to write it. Although I didn't have your rules in front of me when I decided to commit to a healthier lifestyle in July, 2011, I followed them nevertheless and guess what? I lost 50 pounds and am now at my goal weight.

I also appreciate your bringing in the Pareto Principle which has many real world applications beyond passing the numerous classes we econ majors had to take. For what it's worth, I think the concept of marginal utility also has broad applicability to healthy eating. The extra satisfaction I get from a (theorectical) 5th or 6th chocolate chip cookie is nowhere near as great as the enjoyment I get from the first or second cookie. Have treats ocassionally and in moderation, but downsize the portions.

Thanks again for writing such a common sense and helpful article!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    A superb post! Thanks for taking the time to write it. Although I didn't have your rules in front of me when I decided to commit to a healthier lifestyle in July, 2011, I followed them nevertheless and guess what? I lost 50 pounds and am now at my goal weight.

I also appreciate your bringing in the Pareto Principle which has many real world applications beyond passing the numerous classes we econ majors had to take. For what it's worth, I think the concept of marginal utility also has broad applicability to healthy eating. The extra satisfaction I get from a (theorectical) 5th or 6th chocolate chip cookie is nowhere near as great as the enjoyment I get from the first or second cookie. Have treats ocassionally and in moderation, but downsize the portions.

Thanks again for writing such a common sense and helpful article!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This was a great, informative read. Thank you!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great post as always :flowerforyou:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am becoming a fan.
    Read this, acknowledging how much sense it makes, and am grateful for how straightforwardly you write.
    Thanks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Reasonable rules, but like all food rules, there is wiggle room.

I never do #2, (plan meals ahead). I'm too fickle. I rarely know what I'm going to prepare for dinner until I get home from work. But nearly all of our meals are still home prepared.

I only occasionally do #6 (2-4 servings of fruit). Nothing against fruit, I just tend to eat more veggies than fruit. I average 7.9 servings of fruit/veg per day, but it's more like 0-2 fruit. (unless you count wine as fruit)

And while I've been trying to stick to #8 (25% fat), I rarely succeed. I crave fat the way many say they crave carbs. I'm nearly always over.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Reasonable rules, but like all food rules, there is wiggle room.

I never do #2, (plan meals ahead). I'm too fickle. I rarely know what I'm going to prepare for dinner until I get home from work. But nearly all of our meals are still home prepared.

I only occasionally do #6 (2-4 servings of fruit). Nothing against fruit, I just tend to eat more veggies than fruit. I average 7.9 servings of fruit/veg per day, but it's more like 0-2 fruit. (unless you count wine as fruit)

And while I've been trying to stick to #8 (25% fat), I rarely succeed. I crave fat the way many say they crave carbs. I'm nearly always over.

Without a doubt, I agree. And I should really revise the article because more often than not I'm having my client lean toward 1-2 pieces of fruit.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Bump
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Bump