evil coffee creamer.....solutions?

Options

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I cut my coffee cream with fat free milk sometimes.

But in general, I don't worry about my sugar and just calories.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have to have coffee. Mentally & physically.

From the sound of it you have to have cream and sugar.
    I guess you don't actually like coffee if you have to destroy it with cream and sugar.
    Maybe try caffeine pills.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Have you even tried going just black?
  • legendary781
    legendary781 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Raw honey and fat free coffemate.
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Half and half (fat free or regular), and real sugar. Measure it accurately and log it. I cannot drink coffee without some sort of milk or cream, I hate the non-dairy stuff and I hate the taste of artificial sweetener. I have my two cups every morning and that's the way it's gonna be.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my coffee creamers. Nope. Not doing it
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't take sugar with my coffee, but I'll throw in that evaporated milk is an excellent, creamy addition. It has some natural sugars, too.
  • jennatheraven
    jennatheraven Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is cream an American thing? I'm in the UK and use semi-skimmed milk and sweetener, much simpler and no sugar!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I have to have coffee. Mentally & physically. Perhaps I can eventually give it up, but for now it stays. I was wondering what some of y'all use to sweeten your coffee. My fat free hazelnut creamer blows me out of the water on sugars...... I like cream & sugar because I like my coffee very strong. Please & thank you. :drinker:

2 words: Coffee black.

You can't like it too strong, or you wouldn't gum it up with all the other flavor weakeners. You can buy hazelnut flavored coffee. Just brew a pot and drink it black.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every morning with about 5 tbsp of cream (over several cups). I use Stevia or Splenda. It hasn't hurt me one bit. I don't eat a lot of sugar or carbs the rest of the day, but this is one thing I don't plan on giving up. I've managed to drop 10 lbs and have lowered my BF to around 20% drinking my coffee with cream. If you want it, have it and don't worry about it.
  • melly_fluous
    melly_fluous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too cannot survive without several cups of my morning coffee.

I've switched to Fat Free Evaporated Milk for my cream and instead of three sugars (lol, yes, I know!) I use one packet of fake sweetner and 1 flat tsp of regular sugar (I prefer raw sugar). Mixing the sugar is the only way I can bear the taste of the fake stuff.

:)
  • amb0919
    amb0919 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I too, need my coffee every morning and enjoy it quite strong. It's something that I probably won't ever give up to be honest :drinker: I currently use the sugar free Coffee-Mate French Vanilla and Sugar in the Raw. On average I start out with 12-16oz of coffee (I use larger cups), start out with 1 packet (5g) of the sugar and put in 1 Tbsp of the creamer. When I go for the 2nd round, I usually have 8-12oz more and only put in 1 Tbsp of the creamer and no extra sugar. Since I've switched to the new sugar instead of regular sugar, I've found that it is just sweet enough for me even when I top off.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're avoiding sugar? Anyway, I use half & half.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    They do sell creamers that aren't loaded in sugar.. I buy the Hannaford generic coffee creamer, and it has no sugar and 15 cals in a tbsp. 1 tbsp is perfect for my coffee.
    Edited to add - I also use Splenda. Yeah, the fake sugar isn't the best for you, but many things aren't the best for you. I love the taste of Splenda, though, in my coffee.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk :) It's awesome! I use somewhere around 2 tablespoons in a large cup and it's perfect and only 6 calories! :D
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    unsweetened vanilla almond milk and stevia (or truvia) whichever I have on hand. I hear ya! I am a straight up coffee junkie :drinker:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my coffee creamers. Nope. Not doing it

Same here.

I only drink one cup a day so I don't even bother with it.

1 Sweet N Low and I will admit, I do about 3 tbsp of creamer.

My favs are Southern Butter Pecan, Coldstone Sweet Cream and fiance likes the Cinnabon flavor, all internation delight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're avoiding sugar? Anyway, I use half & half.

sugar is the cause of all the worlds problems, don't you know?
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    I'm with you. I know some people go black. If I had to go black, I just wouldn't drink coffee at all. I use sugar free. I like my coffee strong too. Tried weaker coffee, thinking I wouldn't need as much creamer. Not the case, just tasted like weaker coffee.

Exactly!!! I tried the sugar free and I didnt really enjoy it as much... I will prob just try it again. maybe ween myself on to it. add a little fat free for flavor until i get used to sf.
    Thanks for your reply!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have to have coffee. Mentally & physically. Perhaps I can eventually give it up, but for now it stays. I was wondering what some of y'all use to sweeten your coffee. My fat free hazelnut creamer blows me out of the water on sugars...... I like cream & sugar because I like my coffee very strong. Please & thank you. :drinker:
    I use an old fashioned (demerera) sugar cube :) Plus a splash of heavy cream. But I refresh my coffee throughout the morning so the cream/sugar gets less and less. I think the sugar cube has 4g's of sugar, which hardly makes a dent.
    switched to fat free half and half
    No matter how many times i see this, it still blows my mind.