Any Upcoming Races You're Training For?

Options

Replies

• _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    Zombie Race on September 29th!
    This will be my first ever and I am SUPER excited!!
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am running Hard Charge on Sept. 28th. I'm trying to raise money for the American Diabetes Association by doing it.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm training for my first half marathon in September (Rock N Roll Oasis). Then will train for the Hypothermic half in February. Competed the Color Run for fun last weekend.

Enjoy your runs!
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm running my second half in November and I'm hoping to beat last year's time (just under 1:50), especially since I've chosen a flatter course this year.

Good luck for your races! :smile:
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    15th September - Great North Run - half marathon
    6th October - Great Scottish Run - half marathon
    3rd November - Southside Six - 16 mile race

Good luck to everyone for their upcoming races :smile:
  • brandon_2A
    Options
    Dawn of the Lititz Dead 5k. It's in October...I got time yet.
  • crystalhuff1217
    crystalhuff1217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first marathon, New Orleans Rock N Roll. I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. My goal is to get through it injury free.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Kona Chocolate Run 10k (Plymouth, MI) in mid-November. Hope to do another 10k either in September or October, but will have to work around my husbands marathon schedule and harvest (we work full-time and run the family farm).
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was reading through everyone's plans & beginning to feel a bit...well...inadequate. Wasn't even going to "raise my hand up" and say anything, but then I remembered all the positive sayings & quotes, and looked @ my training log & realized that, since I've been running since 7/25, increasing my intensity & getting stronger & better, that I'm a runner, too!

And I'm NOWHERE NEAR ready to do a half marathon and ABSOLUTELY not even in the same universe as a marathon, but I have decided to do a 5K on October! I plan on doing the 19th Annual Tampa Police Memorial Run (Tampa, FL). I have no delusions of grandeur, and know full well there will be no cheering section for me - I will be there alone - but my goal is to enter, show up, do it, and CROSS THE FINISH LINE! Then I will re-evaluate and see if I want to enter the other 2 5K's that are more local in the following month! lol

Good luck to everyone else on their challenges!!!!!!!!!
  • rosielw
    rosielw Posts: 6
    Options
    Doing the Dog Fish Dash (10k) on Sept 29th. Had wanted to do some other races, but just don't have the time.
  • kapatts
    kapatts Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow! I was reading through everyone's plans & beginning to feel a bit...well...inadequate. Wasn't even going to "raise my hand up" and say anything, but then I remembered all the positive sayings & quotes, and looked @ my training log & realized that, since I've been running since 7/25, increasing my intensity & getting stronger & better, that I'm a runner, too!

And I'm NOWHERE NEAR ready to do a half marathon and ABSOLUTELY not even in the same universe as a marathon, but I have decided to do a 5K on October! I plan on doing the 19th Annual Tampa Police Memorial Run (Tampa, FL). I have no delusions of grandeur, and know full well there will be no cheering section for me - I will be there alone - but my goal is to enter, show up, do it, and CROSS THE FINISH LINE! Then I will re-evaluate and see if I want to enter the other 2 5K's that are more local in the following month! lol

Good luck to everyone else on their challenges!!!!!!!!!
    The secret no ever tells you is that almost everybody is out there alone just trying to finish. It won't be a thousand Kenyans and then you bringing up the rear. My wife used to have a "strategy" of making a new friend at the back of the pack and spending her races talking, walking and occasionally running.

Find a great Couch-to-5K program and you'll be all set to finish strong in October. Good luck!
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have no delusions of grandeur, and know full well there will be no cheering section for me - I will be there alone - but my goal is to enter, show up, do it, and CROSS THE FINISH LINE!

The grandeur is that you are going to do it! I soooo wish I still lived in Brooksville, I'd mosey down to Tampa and run it with you! In lieu of that, I'll be cheering for you from Maryland!
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have fun a handful of 5k's this year. I've got a few more on my radar, but I haven't registered for any yet. I think I need to rectify that! :-)
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Running in our local race series, so I've got 7 left there. One 8k, one 10k, one half marathon, 4 5ks. That wraps up around Thanksgiving. I'm currently second in my age group, with a realistic shot at still winning.

Then, two weeks later, I have my favorite race - a very well run and large Christmas themed 5k. I'm going for a PR there. if everything breaks right I'd like to win my age group. That is one of my bucket goals, but how realistic it is this year depends on some factors I can't control.
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yup,
    "Tough Mudder" in Houston - October
    "The great bull run" - December

Going to try to do "Zombie Charge" in November.
  • sunnybear39
    sunnybear39 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    August 31 Color Me Rad 5K
    Sept 1 Sugar River sprint Triathlon 1/4 mi swim, 16 mi bike, 5K run
    Sept 14 One tough cookie 5k mud run
    Sept 28 My first 10K !!
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Twin Cities 10 Mile on October 6 and the Monster Dash Half Marathon on October 27!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    River Run Half Marathon, Berea, OH - September 8, 2013

Columbus Marathon, Columbus, OH - October 20, 2013
  • Spartan_Chick
    Options
    HAHAHA...uh, I'm obsessed.

Did Spartan Super in Virginia last weekend.

Upcoming:

9-14-13: Local charity 15K
    10-5-13: Tough Mudder
    10-12-13: 30K Trail Race
    10-20-13: Harbor Half Marathon
    10-27-13: Gusto Push - 20mi race
    11-17-13: Rock n Roll Marathon - San Antonio
    12-7-13: Corpus Christi Half Marathon
    12-14-13: Spartan Beast Texas

That's it until next year :-)
  • SilentBobF3
    Options
    Blue Ridge Relay (208 miles for 9 man team): September 6-7
    USMC Mud Run (4 man team event): October 12
    Tough Mudder: November 2
    ThunderRoad Half Marathon: November 16

I was thinking about doing a Spartan Beast as well, but the only one remotely close to me is on the Saturday between my Tough Mudder and my first half marathon so probably not a great idea. I'm sure I'll add a couple of holiday 5 or 10Ks, but nothing on the calendar yet.