evil coffee creamer.....solutions?

Options

Replies

• mamatooboys
    Options
    Y'all are awesome!!! Such an awesome response... MFP never lets me down!! Thank you. :blushing:
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have to have coffee. Mentally & physically. Perhaps I can eventually give it up, but for now it stays. I was wondering what some of y'all use to sweeten your coffee. My fat free hazelnut creamer blows me out of the water on sugars...... I like cream & sugar because I like my coffee very strong. Please & thank you. :drinker:

I use canned full-fat coconut milk. I used to be an artificial sweetener junky, but I gave those up about a year ago. The coconut milk is nice and creamy and even has a little sweetness to it.
  • curlysoulgirl
    curlysoulgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee... I use almond milk & love it with a splenda... taste amazing !!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I will not give up my sugar and creamer, it is worth every calorie so I just fit it into my day.... I mean who wouldn't like this in their morning coffee:

bottle_zps8a5b7eaa.png

At 35 calories a Tbsp it is so worth the 2 Tbsp I add to my coffee every morning!! Nom Nom Nom :drinker:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I just use the International Delight creamers, the regular stuff not the fat-free stuff or sugar-free stuff. I have one coffee a day so I don't worry about it. I would rather cut off my own arm then give up my morning coffee.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Brewed coffee with a little sugar and creamer is nothing to worry about. Log it and move on.

Frappuchinomochamachiatto with a caramel swirl? Then you need to make changes or plan around your coffee beverage.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I had a 'coffee mate' thing going on for about 15 years before I stopped last year.

My solution is to use the coffee machine I have to make steamed milk, which I then add to the filter coffee. It tastes like a latte from Costas which is great.

My only problem is, I can no longer use instant coffee because without the sugar and Coffee Mate, it tastes awful. But I simply make a pot in the morning and use that all day. Steaming the milk takes just a few seconds.

The funny thing is that within a few days of stopping, I couldn't imagine going back to those sickly, creamy coffees I used to have,
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I will not give up my sugar and creamer, it is worth every calorie so I just fit it into my day.... I mean who wouldn't like this in their morning coffee:

bottle_zps8a5b7eaa.png

At 35 calories a Tbsp it is so worth the 2 Tbsp I add to my coffee every morning!! Nom Nom Nom :drinker:

Or, I just tried the Heath Bar Creamer. It's my dessert many evenings. Mornings are reserved for Sugar Free French Vanilla
  • 4Decades
    4Decades Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened coconut milk and one packet of splenda in my coffee. It tastes yummy to me. You could also use nonfat evaporated milk, makes it taste better than regular skim milk.
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    Is there a reason you're avoiding sugar? Anyway, I use half & half.

sugar is the cause of all the worlds problems, don't you know?

Not saying sugar is the anitchrist... just trying to really stick to what I assume is an educated calculation (what MFP calculated for me) for my daily intakes. they give me 30... my 3 tbsp creamer eats up 15 right off the bat....
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up my coffee cream during my weight loss or weight mainence phase. I do use splenda and not sugar but use flavored coffee creamers. It is my little treat I feel. I do log it though. BTW, this is my fav flav right now! YUM!

bottle_zps8a5b7eaa.png

• mamatooboys
    Options
    I just use the International Delight creamers, the regular stuff not the fat-free stuff or sugar-free stuff. I have one coffee a day so I don't worry about it. I would rather cut off my own arm then give up my morning coffee.

yep! :drinker:
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're avoiding sugar? Anyway, I use half & half.

sugar is the cause of all the worlds problems, don't you know?

Not saying sugar is the anitchrist... just trying to really stick to what I assume is an educated calculation (what MFP calculated for me) for my daily intakes. they give me 30... my 3 tbsp creamer eats up 15 right off the bat....
    The easiest thing to do is to just use less creamer...
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    Just use your sugar and creamers. Don't force yourself to eat and drink things you don't enjoy. Track your macros and calories, sugar is a carb. Stay in deficit and keep it moving. I use 2 sugars and cream in my coffee every day, doesn't hinder my progress.

In before a diabetic states how bad sugar is for diabetics. Remember OP, mentioned nothing about diabetes.

I used to think "eating healthy" meant avoiding chips, ice cream, fried food and candy...yeah.... I have actually started to educate myself of what "eating healthy" really means... but I stll have so much to learn. Thanks for the info, it points me in the right direction. I need to read up on sugars/carbs. Much appreciated.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    fat free/sugar free= yikes.

chemical poop storm.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it with 2 cream and 2 sugars ages ago.

After I gave up coffee during pregnancy, I just taught myself how to drink it without all that other stuff...but, it has to be quality coffee.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I mostly use fat free half & half and splenda. But, I do use DH's French Vanilla creamer on occasion.

I used to work at home and drink 4-6 cups of coffee a day...all of them with a ton of creamer. Now I stop at 2 cups and don't go crazy on the creamer....so I don't sweat it.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What in the world is wrong with half and half or cream? Or even whole milk?
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    fat free/sugar free= yikes.

chemical poop storm.

This
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on why coffee creamer is evil to you :laugh: As well as your fitness/weight loss goals.

For me, I use half and half or full fat cream & to sweeten, I use EzSweets (liquid sucralose) because I'm diabetic and other sweeteners either increase my blood sugar :ohwell: or taste 'off' to me. I also use a wee bit of sugar free hazelnut syrup in my coffee.

I can tolerate the liquid sucralose ok, would I rather have regular ol' dark brown sugar as I've had in my coffee for YEARS?....holy hell YES :sad:

However it's not to be for me, so..meh :tongue: There are lots of alternative sweeteners you can try...Stevia, Stevia in the raw, monkfruit, date sugar, coconut palm sugar, xylitol, erythriltol etc. Again, it depends on your goals and issues with why coffee creamer is evil to you.