McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Options

Replies

• NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The chicken McDonalds uses is full of hormones. These hormones mess up you internal hormone balance and cause you to gain weight among other nasty side effect (depression, bloating, hair loss, unexplained nausea..etc).. Eat this as a treat but i don't think you want to be eating this every single day!

Yo, Dawg. I heard you like hormones. So I put hormones in your hormones.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Enjoy them as long as they are within your plan
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that i loved reading this thread today..some of you really put a smile on my face and now I am actually planning to fit McDonalds in tonight and maybe some mayo too!

The things that stress our lives out so much...
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Because it's not FOOD!

It looks like and tastes like food but it is more of a chemistry experiment!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    IIFYM, why not right?

I try to leave out the bun because my skin doesn't like wheat gluten (I break out) and also because it's a big part of the carbs and around 1/2 the sodium right there. But if it works for you I point you back to my first statement just above this one :)
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I ate light yesterday in preparation for having Wendy's last night before a concert. I had a grilled chicken sandwich (WITH MAYO) and a small fry. And I still had calories left over for a hard cider at the concert. I definitely don't regret it.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Ha! Found it. From the McDonalds Site... I prepare Tyson chicken at home every night.

"Is your meat real or fake?

Despite all those myths out there, none of our meat is fake! McDonald’s uses only 100% USDA-inspected beef from real beef cattle to make our burger patties. Our chicken is 100% USDA-inspected real chicken, supplied by industry leaders like Tyson Foods and Keystone Foods, and the same high standards apply to our 100% pork."
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    If you like it, eat it.

I took my daughter to a McD the other day and ordered a grilled chicken wrap. Personally, because 95% of the food I eat is prepared at home (and the other 5% is from good restaurants), I found that it tasted like crap. I took it apart and ate some of the cheese and lettuce but could only choke down a couple of bites of the chicken. Maybe it's psychological (EVIL fast food!), but it just had a rubbery consistency and a weird after taste. Frankly, I'm glad I feel this way, because fast food is in no way a temptation for me.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's psychological (EVIL fast food!), but it just had a rubbery consistency and a weird after taste.

It's not fresh, which leads to the consistency and taste issues. You probably don't serve prefrozen/quick thaw meat at home. The difference may be in your head a bit, but it's pretty much a duh - there's no way they can get fresh food and quality preparation to the incredible number of customers they have. They're doing a pretty admirable job of keeping it relatively healthy lately, all things considered. The taste just isn't going to get there. Food is mostly just riding the salt content.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I prefer the occasional snackwrap myself.

Grilled sweet chili chicken wrap has been my go-to lately. I love those!

I haven't tried that one yet love. I did have one of the grilled chicken sandwiches, and wasn't impressed. It comes nowhere close to the niceness of a wendy's spicy chicken sandwich.

Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=image%2Fpng&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1365660287679&ssbinary=true
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating them. They're perfect for Post workout. That with no mayo, a side salad and maybe water or diet drink, you good to go. Just don't over do it and keep it at portion size.

Flex Magazines recommended it on their magazine a while back. Things you can eat at McDonalds if you're hitting the weights. Check it out www.flexonline.com
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's psychological (EVIL fast food!), but it just had a rubbery consistency and a weird after taste.

It's not fresh, which leads to the consistency and taste issues. You probably don't serve prefrozen/quick thaw meat at home. The difference may be in your head a bit, but it's pretty much a duh - there's no way they can get fresh food and quality preparation to the incredible number of customers they have. They're doing a pretty admirable job of keeping it relatively healthy lately, all things considered. The taste just isn't going to get there. Food is mostly just riding the salt content.

I agree with you. I think it tastes like crap and I don't know why people love it so much. I think if people took a little time to prepare fresh food, they'd quickly lose their taste for fast food garbage. But that's just me and my opinion...don't want to offend anyone! Lord knows I've done enough of that lately! :)
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    uh, whatever.
    I cook many, many meals at home and I have learned many, many complex and tasty recipes to do at home from my brother who is a chef/owner of a very successful restaurant and guess what ???
    He and I both agree that the Egg White Delight might be one of the most delicious lower calorie breakfast items ever.

And the sweet chili chicken wrap aint half bad either
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I agree with you. I think it tastes like crap and I don't know why people love it so much. I think if people took a little time to prepare fresh food, they'd quickly lose their taste for fast food garbage. But that's just me and my opinion...don't want to offend anyone! Lord knows I've done enough of that lately! :)

I cook my own food daily (I'm about to make some fresh udon with a nice chicken broth, chicken cooked with a little sesame oil, bean sprouts, and then I'm gonna crack an egg on top of that bish cause yum.) and I still love a good salad from McDonald's or burger from Wendy's or chicken from Popeye's.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    So I've discovered these... and they're cheap, and they're right across from where I work. They do a good job of keeping me satisfied until the next meal.

Aside from sodium, why shouldn't I eat these as part of my cutting diet?

Personally, I wouldn't.
    chicken
    Research studies, including the largest prospective nutrition study ever, continue to suggest that industrial toxins such as PCBs, methylmercury, and arsenic in chicken and/or chicken eggs may increase the risk of cancer. The high-temperature cooking of bird muscles can create cancer-causing compounds. This was demonstrated in a testing of chicken products served at fast food chains. This may help explain why poultry has been associated with the risk of lymphoma (see also here). Cured chicken may also contain carcinogenic nitrosamines. Eating chicken and eggs may negatively affect emotional (see also here), mental, vascular, and hormonal health (such as the feminization of male genitalia). Genetic manipulation of chickens has led to clinically obese birds that may play a role in the human obesity epidemic because of their fat content (and maybe even their obesogenic virus content). Chicken by-products are probably not the best source of protein for infant formula.

The overuse of antibiotics in chicken and meat production is creating superbugs (see also here, here, here). Bacterial from fecal contamination of chicken presents a food safety risk, including urinary tract infections. Parasitic worms contained in fish meal fed to chickens may cause allergic reactions in those who eat the chicken. Chicken is deficient in antioxidants, phytonutrients, and fiber, while potentially containing excessive salt, flame-retardant chemicals, AGEs, arachidonic acid (see also here), paralysis-causing bacteria (that can cross-contaminate other foods and surfaces), and cancer-causing agents (including eggs). Even neurological diseases and penile cancer have been linked to poultry exposure. Chicken can provide vitamin B12, but there are safer sources.

The most recent USDA Dietary Guidelines suggest eating more fruits and vegetables and less saturated fat, for which chicken is a leading source (see the potential breast cancer survival implications here). Countries that have successfully cut saturated fat have been able to dramatically cut disease risk.

See also the related blog posts: EPA dioxin limit has National Chicken Council worried products could be declared “unfit for consumption”, Dr. Oz, apple juice, and arsenic: chicken may have 10 times more, Eating chicken may lead to a smaller penis

Topic summary contributed by Julie Correia.

-- http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/chicken/
    kind regards,

Ben
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah...

Eating chicken may lead to a smaller penis

!!!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    And if you read the section about meat, it's all the same. So basically just plants or die... I'd rather die.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    and really if you're serious about weight/fat loss you shouldn't even consider going near them..

I wouldn't touch them if you are serious about it, in fact I wouldn't touch anything you haven't put together yourself..

Are you actually serious yourself? Why not? I'm serious about my weight/fat loss, I regularly include McDonalds/Take out food in my day. It hasn't stopped me from losing weight/fat.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I cook my own food daily (I'm about to make some fresh udon with a nice chicken broth, chicken cooked with a little sesame oil, bean sprouts, and then I'm gonna crack an egg on top of that bish cause yum.) and I still love a good salad from McDonald's or burger from Wendy's or chicken from Popeye's.

Oooh Popeyes!! Might have to change my dinner plans.