I will never understand 1000 calories...

I will NEVER understand why people choose to starve themselves (ie-1000 calorie diet). It is so much more beneficial to your body and health to eat! That is why every "diet" I was ever on failed. I am much more healthy, fit and active than I have ever been in my life. And I weigh the least I ever weighed. I am not hungry and very satisfied and I do it eating over 1800 calories a day and eating nearly all of my exercise calories back! I eat more food in one day than I used to eat at my heaviest in 3 or 4 days.

Stop starving yourself! You will be much happier, productive and satisfied.

Replies

• I love everything about this including you! :) I didn't lose a bit of my weight doing VLCD and as a person who currently eats over 2000 cals a day (exercise built in), I can vouch for everything you are saying. Proud of your progress you sexy beast!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    I will NEVER understand why people choose to starve themselves (ie-1000 calorie diet). It is so much more beneficial to your body and health to eat! That is why every "diet" I was ever on failed. I am much more healthy, fit and active than I have ever been in my life. And I weigh the least I ever weighed. I am not hungry and very satisfied and I do it eating over 1800 calories a day and eating nearly all of my exercise calories back! I eat more food in one day than I used to eat at my heaviest in 3 or 4 days.

Stop starving yourself! You will be much happier, productive and satisfied.

QFT. Also Love your picture. mmhmm bacon.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    :drinker:
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    i will never understand why people feel the need to food shame or calorie shame people.
  • rosemary98
    rosemary98 Posts: 632
    i guess it depends what you want to weigh and how you want to look. but medical recommendations suggest people don't eat below 1200--that is what my goal is.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    i will never understand why people feel the need to food shame or calorie shame people.

Zing. This is what i believe too. High, low, whatever. What matters is that you can stick with it.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Why worry about it, there's nothing you can do about it. :ohwell:

People who starve themselves will do it until they figure out on thier own if it works or not.

And some people who eat over 1000 calories will continue to think they are starving....:laugh: true story though :grumble:
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Some people don't know that they can eat more and lose. There is a lot of conflicting information out there. I'm really short so I don't need as many calories as a normal size person. For me to lose 1 lb a week I would need to eat 850 calories. I don't do that because I know better. But if you are new to weight loss I can understand why you would follow that advice. I once had a calorie calculator tell me to eat 750 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week.

You went on crash diets/ vlcd before. What was your thinking then?
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member

AGREE!!! we are all different sizes and shapes someone under 5ft tall just cannot each as much as someone who is 5'10.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member

Your friends list makes me incredibly sad.

Not supporting people with ED's does not = calorie shaming.
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500

B.c we have nutritional science that shows it isn't healthy or smart to lose weight too fast.
  • shelllord
    shelllord Posts: 43 Member
    Well this thing only says I should eat 1200, that's only a glass of orange juice away from 1000 so maybe that is why people think 1000 is the way to go x
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

Zing. This is what i believe too. High, low, whatever. What matters is that you can stick with it.

Yes, anorexia is pointless if you keep messing up and eating.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member

I will never understand people that shame people for calorie shaming.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member

lol @ calorie shaming. It's not shaming, it's common sense.
  • I'm currently aiming for 1000-1200 calories a day but it's only temporary. My sisters wedding is in a week so I've been doing a drastic calorie cut for the past couple of weeks to prepare. Normally I aim for 1200-1400 calories a day but as long as I eat healthy, I'm not strict about it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I'm currently aiming for 1000-1200 calories a day but it's only temporary. My sisters wedding is in a week so I've been doing a drastic calorie cut for the past couple of weeks to prepare. Normally I aim for 1200-1400 calories a day but as long as I eat healthy, I'm not strict about it.

Low calorie diets are temporary. A yo-yo diet lifestyle is forever
  • i will never understand why people feel the need to food shame or calorie shame people.

I will never understand people that shame people that shame people for calorie shaming.:huh:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I'm currently aiming for 1000-1200 calories a day but it's only temporary. My sisters wedding is in a week so I've been doing a drastic calorie cut for the past couple of weeks to prepare. Normally I aim for 1200-1400 calories a day but as long as I eat healthy, I'm not strict about it.

Low calorie diets are temporary. A yo-yo diet lifestyle is forever

TRUE.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member

I will never understand people that shame people that shame people for calorie shaming.:huh:

BACON
This discussion has been closed.