Why are you fat?

Options

Replies

• CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    Because I homeschool and I cook for my kids. And my food is tasty. When I was working, I didn't snack, now that I am home, it is easy to reach for those nuts or fruit. I just barely was in the overweight category, now down a few pounds from it.

It has helped that my kids are finally of an age they can be home alone, so I can go run or walk for an hour and get some decent exercise. And I am trying hard to not have the really tasty snacks in sight.
  • ac2496
    ac2496 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel trapped and unfulfilled in a corporate job and fulfilling my sweets cravings gets me through my day. It's harder than it used to be to let the cravings pass.
  • anaflava
    Options
    I love to cook food. I am a great cook. I also love to eat tasty food because it really does relieve stress for me. Last year was a really bad year for me. I had marital issues and on top of that I lost a baby due to miscarriage. After that I just seemed to pack on more pounds as quickly as ever. I stopped exercising and pretty much didn't want to leave the house.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    lack of discipline, not enough exercise, hypothyroid...if I would have had the first 2 under control the thyroid issue would have still been but I don't think the weight would have been so bad to tackle.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Why am I fat? Because my calories in were more than my calories out.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I gained way too much weight with my two pregnancies. Then I kept eating lots of junk and not moving.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Calories in > calories burned.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Because my was uneducated about nutrition and exercise. She didn't realize she could eat anything she wanted and stay fit was because she highly physical job and so would allow my brother and me to eat whatever we wanted with her and believed that we were just built the way we were and when people would tell her to feed us less she felt defensive and thought it would cause us to have complexes.

I stayed fat as a young adult because I was uneducated on nutrition and fitness. Now I work at a clinic and am learning all types of things about how nutrition, exercise, and what my body needds to run the way I want it to.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Becasue I enjoy food and alcohol and have not been working out like I should Sad but true :sad: :sad:
  • kinzerbud
    kinzerbud Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lack of self discipline, love of food, lack of self control, constantly giving in to instant gratification, all or nothing mentality, over using food for entertainment. In short I thoroughly enjoy entertaining myself with calorie dense yummy foods but lacked the self control to set limits on this. I'm working on this though. :smile:

This. All of this. :smile:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Cuz i ate too much ALL the time!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    -Because growing up I was a fat kid and food made me happy whenever someone hurt my feelings
    -Because I never made great food choices
    -Because I was a fat teen who ate constantly to keep negative feelings at bay and who ate all types of bad foods because I was always bored and had no other outlets (stupid cycle, right? Still, it happened)
    -Because I grew into a less-than-confident adult who by this time had this terrible, 'I'm gonna be fat forever so why bother exercising now? I've been fat my whole life and that's all I'll ever be' mindset.,,,,,,,Yeeeep. That be me back in the way back when.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough, my mother is a dietician, so I understand everything that goes in my mouth and what it will do to and for my body, and I'm thankful for that.

I'm overweight because I simply eat too much "good" food. I can't remember the last time I visited a fast food restaurant, and frankly the stuff makes a shiver run up my spine, so I'm just filled with much too much unprocessed food lol

Hint: Peanut butter and artisan/multi grain/whole grain/sunflower/exotic breads are my downfall.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I ate too much and exercised to little. That's the short story!
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    I've always been overweight... turns out I have hypothyroidism. I also was brought up that you eat everything on your plate and if offered food it is rude to turn it down... then I started learning to cook from various regions around the world and I damaged my body too much in the military to the point that I can't run or jog without getting re-injured... I don't always have access to a bike or a pool or a gym with elyptical... so cardio went out the window... until I got up to 275 lbs and changed doctors that finally found the issue with hypothyroidism and with medication and watching what I am eating, I've been loosing weight. Super fun.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I love to eat. I love to smell it, the chewing and munching, the textures and flavors of food.

I used food to combat boredom. I used food as a reward. I used food to calm my emotions. I used food to celebrate.

I am a user and food is my drug of choice. Food seems to be what I look forward to the most. But now, I am trying to reverse all those thought processes. It is very difficult.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Why am I fat? Because my calories in were more than my calories out.

Like this.

Is the most common reason i quess. (if your not ill)
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Since I got pregnant I never went back to the gym...at some point I thought I was ready to exercise and got pregnant again...Im planning to get preggy again but this time with exercise and healthy eating.
  • NyssaDuck
    Options
    Ate too much (a lot of junk... especially chocolate) and didn't move enough. The reasons for that are anxiety (no motivation, bad sleep hygiene = tiredness etc) and I play a lot of games (= sitting on my butt for long periods of time stuffing my face with, you guessed it, junk). :laugh:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I was fat because it was convenient.