Progress. Lifting. Pics. Lots of Them.

Options

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    yay! you make me so happy! you are rockin the fit look/feel/life, lady!!!! keep at it....xoxoxoxo.

do you even lift, girl? ;)

no... no i don't. :smile:
  • southernmama2cj
    Options
    i'm at the same starting weight as you. Just curious how did you get from 191 to 171? were you doing cardio or weights or both? I'm trying to decide on a plan of action and can't decide if I should do just cardio until I lose a bit and then start the weights or incorporate it all. Thanks for the inspiration! btw- how tall are you?
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the journey and sharing it with us! I'm frustrated with my progress - measurements, weight, etc. as I've been focussing on heavy lifting for the past 7 weeks but reading posts like yours reminds why I decided to make this change. I'm tired of starving myself, tired of running for 1.5 hours on a treadmill five days a week. Thanks again.
  • da_bears10089
    Options
    i'm at the same starting weight as you. Just curious how did you get from 191 to 171? were you doing cardio or weights or both? I'm trying to decide on a plan of action and can't decide if I should do just cardio until I lose a bit and then start the weights or incorporate it all. Thanks for the inspiration! btw- how tall are you?

at that point I was doing cardio only. I wish i would have started lifting right away though. I love the changes i have seen in my body from lifting heavy. Also, everyone that I have talked to also wishes that they would have started lifting right away because they spend so much time afterwards just trying to gain back their LBM that they had lost from just doing cardio.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Love reading about women lifting. You look absolutely wonderful. :flowerforyou:

Sincerely,
    A Fellow Female Lifter
  • da_bears10089
    Options
    Thought i would also add in my current numbers. I weigh 163lbs right now. When i started lifting, i started with just an empty OLY bar, so 45 lbs and NOW...

My current PRs (lbs):
    Back squat - 185 X 4
    Conventional deadlift - 225 X 4
    Overhead press - 70 X 5
    Bench press - 105 X 4
    Bent Over Row - 115 X 5
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Awesome work!!!! :)
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

wolf-whistle-o.gif
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Nice work. Keep it up!
  • dbletwins
    Options
    Excellent! I've read an awful lot about power lifting lately, hmmm....I do free weights and love that but just never really thought about the bar. I always thought I would need to be a lot stronger to start.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I love your story and pics you Lok amazing, keep up the good work.

Oh I just saw your stats, your badass!
  • da_bears10089
    Options
    Excellent! I've read an awful lot about power lifting lately, hmmm....I do free weights and love that but just never really thought about the bar. I always thought I would need to be a lot stronger to start.

the bar is a great place to start!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your work! You look fab!
    & cheers to getting awesome-er.. :laugh:
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats, well done.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great story you're looking fantastic and yes 10lbs difference love that! My body responds well to lifting, just getting over a minor set back injury that I let throw me for a while but this is just what I needed to see :bigsmile:

On a side note I really want to cruise Alaska .... It's on the list for the next few years!
  • da_bears10089
    Options
    Great story you're looking fantastic and yes 10lbs difference love that! My body responds well to lifting, just getting over a minor set back injury that I let throw me for a while but this is just what I needed to see :bigsmile:

On a side note I really want to cruise Alaska .... It's on the list for the next few years!

yes! that should be on everyone's travel list!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love the pic of you in the blue tank and black capris. You can tell that you're feeling so much more confidant, Miss Sassy Pants.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Love your tl;dr version! :laugh:
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! That's truly inspirational! :smile:
    (PS I can't help it but I'm wondering why you're wearing a tshirt to your sister's wedding? Did you spill something on your dress? :wink: )

I've been seeing these pics of weight lifting ladies on MFP and got myself two dumbbells, but I have no idea how to start a lifting routine with free weights.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Great story! Big difference in the pics!! Awesome job!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!