If you were me, what would your goal weight be? (pictures)

Options
Right now I'm aiming to lose 16lbs while focusing more on toning. What would you aim for, more or less? I'm interested in others' opinions and somewhat flexible in my goal. Healthy before thin!

Thanks so much~

P.S. - I'm 5'4'' and 141lbs.

IMAG0452_zpsf21b1eae.jpg
IMAG0446_zps51ab1cf3.jpg

In the first picture my stomach is actually flat. The bump is my watch.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    16 pounds seems like a lot, you look good right now, I'd say no more than 10, but that's just me
  • TeamDale
    TeamDale Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 142 lbs. That is the weight I am maintaining now through eating and exercise. i lost a total of 29 pounds. I am not sure what picture you are refering to.
  • TeamDale
    TeamDale Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    125 pounds seems ok for your height.
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I honestly, without a doubt, think you look absolutely amazing now! :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I think you look perfect, personally.
  • shawnatheobald
    Options
    140 is my goal weight at 5'3" :) You look awesome now! If you want to tone up, you might not lose anything, but you will look even more amazing.
  • pollypocket3
    pollypocket3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. You could go up on the scale but lose inches off your body. I don't know if I were to set a goal other then to maintain in the area of where I was (if I were you), as long as I am losing inches (because then you would be gaining muscle) and toning my body. Does that make sense?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I am the same height as you and weigh 139lbs and I wish I looked as toned as you.

Really, I do not think you need to lose any more weight, but it is your choice, of course.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I would go more for body recomposition, as you already look good but want something more!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I'd get a decent body fat analysis and evaluate with a solid base. The pictures look normal and healthy.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm also aiming to lose 16lb.

I want to get to a BMI of about 20 - so if I was your height I would want to weigh around the 120 pound mark. Slim but not skinny. That's what feels good to me though - the choice is yours!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would just focus on body composition and not some arbitrary scale weight. If you want to drop a little fat, eat at a modest deficit..maybe 1/2 Lb or so per week and hit the weight room. Let the mirror, your clothes, how you feel, etc be you determining factors, not some arbitrary scale weight.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I am aiming for 125.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I think 130 is good for you if you insist on losing - but I think you look amazing now
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Personally, if I were you I'd stop now. By stop I mean maintain, obviously.

BMI charts say that for your height anywhere between 7.5st (too skinny imo) and 10st are "Normal", so you're perfect! :flowerforyou:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Throw my vote into the pile for weightlifting, too. I think if you do some lifting you will be amazing at your current weight. You already look very, very good.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Honestly you look great. I would consider lifting weights over trying to lose more pounds.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Wow! You already look so good! Very toned and healthy. I wouldn't necessarily focus on weight loss. I would just keep eating healthy and workout. :)
  • brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm aiming to lose 16lbs while focusing more on toning. What would you aim for, more or less? I'm interested in others' opinions and somewhat flexible in my goal. Healthy before thin!

Thanks so much~

P.S. - I'm 5'4'' and 141lbs.

If it were me, I would not worry about the 16 pounds and focus on building muscle and dropping body fat if needed.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look very healthy to me, I wouldn't kick you out of bed for eating crackers ;)