Tongue Patch Surgery ...for Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I prefer to burn the roof of my mouth with pizza every few days.

Agreed!!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    So some people are so desperate that they will get surgery to torture themselves? That's awful and dumb.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    It's stuff like this that makes me think we really don't deserve the species and subspecies name "Homo sapiens sapiens"
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So these people are willing to drop cash to make themselves talk a like "derp" for weeks, but not willing to just sack-up and do the diet, for free? If they are that weak-willed they're just going to stuff themselves as soon as the patch is removed.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Dang! :noway:

Just when you thought you had heard of every weight loss trick in the book, something comes out to shock you.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    now that's crazy!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    erenJJO.gif
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you do not open your mouth in the first place to put a ton of food in, you would not need surgery.:laugh:
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Smh. :noway:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It's so sad that this exists and that people are desperate enough to voluntarily hurt themselves to lose weight.
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Seems there are a lot of people that have done these weight loss gimmicks,they look good after a couple of months with these items in place but I have seen a lot after a year that can be back to the starting weight or sometimes even larger.also I heard that sometimes when people lose large amounts of weight really quick its hard on the heart and other organs.I think the best way is to lo:happy: se naturally and gradually and the possibility of gaining it back is less likely as you remember the effort you put into it
  • alexsheena
    Options
    What are you supposed to say when people notice you have this giant piece of plastic in your mouth, people are just going to think you're a lunatic! Well actually you are if you get that done. I'd much rather endure the pain of restraining from eating more than 2 chocolate biscuits at a time then go through that.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely crazy of you ask me. Not to mention it's price tag is around $1,000...ouch!
  • OldManMurray
    OldManMurray Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost weight just reading about that as it made me throw up a little!
    Seriously, that is so disturbing it sounds like something devised by Tom Six!
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Um wow... :noway:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Well, I burned the roof of my mouth right before Christmas and it really hurt to eat any food, including all the yummy treats :sad:

So, I lost weight over the holidays but I wouldn't recommend it as a healthy weight loss method :noway:
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What needs to happen is that useless, money eating fake cheats need to stop being pushed at gullible people that are too weak willed to go about this the healthy way.

/endrant.

edited to fix angry spelling errors.
  • brandynot
    Options
    I prefer to burn the roof of my mouth with pizza every few days.

Or Captain Crunch. That will skin the roof of my mouth any day.

I havent touched Cap'n Crunch in years for this reason alone!

As for the topic...they will come up with anything to make some money...as long as someone is stupid enough to buy into the idea they dont care. This is insane!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    :explode: gross and this is comming from a guy who use to have his tongue pierced twice but i wounder about all the saliva. i drooled a lot but what are they going to do at least i could move my tongue with out it hurting me.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Why is this so disturbing?

If it works, isn't it cheaper, less invasive and more easily reversed than normal weight loss surgery?

I'm not advocating any sort of surgery, but if I ended up in the position to think I needed WLS, I'd tend to go for the least expensive, least invasive, least prone to complications and most easily reversed solution (assuming that all options were similarly effective).

And pain-wise, I would imagine that periodically irritating the top of your mouth is less painful overall than abdominal surgery.